Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Prestige

Hines Ward Reportedly Wants To Be A Raven; Would You Sign Him?

86 posts in this topic

[url="http://www.nflgridirongab.com/?p=29110"]http://www.nflgridirongab.com/?p=29110[/url]

In my opinion, the Ravens should try to get big and fast at the 3WR, 4WR and back-up RB slot. NO Hines Ward, NO Cedric Benson, NO Thomas Jones.

For WR, I like Early Doucet, Randy Moss, Pierre Garçon, Jacoby Jones (if he gets cut), Danny Coale, Stephen Hill, Brian Quick, and A.J. Jenkins.

This is a unique off-season, because you can fulfilll receiving back and short-yardage back with the same player. Michael Bush, Mike Tolbert, and ex-Utah State RB Ronnie Turbin are all available. Le'Ron McClain is not a bad choice either.

As motivated as Ward would be, I want as many players that can do as many different things as possible. He can mostly just block and do screens.

I'd like to hear your thoughts, and if you buy into the myth that you need WR's to each do specific things, rather than try to get your roster filled with guys that can do everything.

Hines would offer nothing to the team ,except taking possible playing time away from rookie/2nd year WR. He is injury prone and slow. Enough with the old over the hill WR's.

I would REALLY like for Garcon to come in. Maybe the relationship with Caldwell will help stimulate some sort of connection with our front office.

By the way OP I think Turbin is in this draft class no?

Lastly, about Hines Ward...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

GTHO. I will stop watching football if we brought him here. He is the enemy, no matter what jersey he wears!!!!!!!

Of course he wants to come here. Even he knows we get a lot of old WRs who are past their prime.

All jokes aside, no. I don't want him here.

I see all the threads already Hines can't get separation either blah blah. He needs to just sign a one day contract with the steelers and retire. He may end up in Cleveland with RG3 teaching those young WRs how to hold on to the ball... ( just a quick thought , hope I'm wrong lol)

I would love to sign him to a vet minimum so we can have flacco throw balls across the middle during training camp and watch Ray, Ed, Suggs and Pollard crack him time after time. Then of course cut him.

I hate Hines Ward and there is 0% he comes here. Derrick Mason was better than him over the last couple of years.

Ward will not be a Raven..... even if he wanted to. But did he even say it directly? I don't believe it until it comes out of HIS mouth lol.

[quote name='ThePurpleWall' timestamp='1330927769' post='1012110']
No,that link doesnt work by the way.
[/quote]

Here's a better link.

[url="http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2012/03/04/source-hines-ward-would-like-to-be-a-raven/"]http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2012/03/04/source-hines-ward-would-like-to-be-a-raven/[/url]

Also no point in wasting a thread on an opinion of a writer who "thinks" he knows that Hines wants to be a Raven. Hines Ward isn't going to come here just because some insider writes an article about what he "thinks" Hines wants to play at. That article was done mostly to get a reaction from fans, probably a slow news day so he had to come up with something.

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1330926952' post='1012100']
I would love to sign him to a vet minimum so we can have flacco throw balls across the middle during training camp and watch Ray, Ed, Suggs and Pollard crack him time after time. Then of course cut him.
[/quote]

haha, best idea ever!

Get it done, Ozzie!!!

[quote name='reediddy' timestamp='1330924769' post='1012077']
I would REALLY like for Garcon to come in. Maybe the relationship with Caldwell will help stimulate some sort of connection with our front office.

By the way OP I think Turbin is in this draft class no?

Lastly, about Hines Ward...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ[/media]
[/quote]love it.. awesome episode +1 for u sir

hahaha i was mad when ryan mink and garrett downing answered this question in one of the friday mailbag videos. I thought it was dumb for them to even put that question in the video because the obvious answer is no. We have no reason to sign this guy, no reason

[quote name='neoi78' timestamp='1330929902' post='1012126']
Stupid topic.
[/quote]
I fixed the link. I wanted to both break the story to you guys but make the discussion about who you WOULD want if you don't want Ward.

I also want to know who everyone wants at RB.

That said, the Ward slams are classic.

I find it hard to believe Ward would like to tarnish his legacy in Pittsburgh just for one , two years at most as a Raven. Not happening from that camp. From our point of view, Ward knows the division inside out and the Steelers, he's well liked in the lockeroom,a tremendous leader,tough as nails,extra motivated and can catch the freaking ball...I don't think Boldin is that much faster yet he finds success when Cam is on a roll (see at Pittsburgh,at NE this season) . All I'm saying the front office may put some thought into this although they would probably try two options before 1) younger free agent ; 2)young draft pick
Btw,let's not act like we have the Steelers wr corps ..they may have the best young trio there is in football. From our #3 to #6 I think they have 10 catches combined

Insider info would be the only reason imo. We did take woodson and found success.

No to old players who don't play special teams.

As Bisciotti said, let the young players play

And realy, bringing back Evans on lower salary is still an option if you want an experienced reciever

Oh good grief NO NONONONONO!

Hines Ward is on the far end of his career. Let a desperate team take a chance on him. The Ravens are not desperate.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1330928768' post='1012116']

haha, best idea ever!

Get it done, Ozzie!!!
[/quote]

Agreed, with a honerable mention to spears for the tackling dummy thought.

[quote name='raybaby' timestamp='1330927393' post='1012107']
Ward will not be a Raven..... even if he wanted to. But did he even say it directly? I don't believe it until it comes out of HIS mouth lol.
[/quote]

I agree, that link provides nothing about Mr Ward saying it him self,even if he does,the answer is still NO!!!!!!!!!.

The dude is WASHED UP. nonononononononononononononononononono.

Besides, even if he was the Hines of 4-5 years ago I still say no because he's the ENEMY and always will be.

This is just my two cents but I doubt a single team is going to give him an opportunity. He has spent the last 14 years trash talking the entire league. I can't think of a fanbase minus maybe ATL that would be receptive to Whines joining their team. He's just THAT mutually hated throughout the league.

[quote name='SpearSrai' timestamp='1330925219' post='1012087']
I would sign him as a tackling dummy.
[/quote]
I'm for this lol

No. We've played the aging veteran WRs game too long in Baltimore. Draft someone or sign a young free agent.

[quote name='The Prestige' timestamp='1330923900' post='1012068']
[url="http://www.nflgridirongab.com/?p=29110"]http://www.nflgridirongab.com/?p=29110[/url]

In my opinion, the Ravens should try to get big and fast at the 3WR, 4WR and back-up RB slot. NO Hines Ward, NO Cedric Benson, NO Thomas Jones.

For WR, I like Early Doucet, Randy Moss, Pierre Garçon, Jacoby Jones (if he gets cut), Danny Coale, Stephen Hill, Brian Quick, and A.J. Jenkins.

This is a unique off-season, because you can fulfilll receiving back and short-yardage back with the same player. Michael Bush, Mike Tolbert, and ex-Utah State RB Ronnie Turbin are all available. Le'Ron McClain is not a bad choice either.

As motivated as Ward would be, I want as many players that can do as many different things as possible. He can mostly just block and do screens.

I'd like to hear your thoughts, and if you buy into the myth that you need WR's to each do specific things, rather than try to get your roster filled with guys that can do everything.
[/quote]
1st of all there's already a thread on this, 2nd I don't think arch-enemy Hines Ward would want to be a Baltimore Raven, and 3rd if he does, [i]no way[/i]![img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/standcorner.gif[/img]

[quote name='boomfoxx' timestamp='1330949463' post='1012183']
Who would sign him?!? He's too old.
[/quote]
Besides we'd be getting him straight out of a notorious career in Steel City.

What an insane idea...must have been a slow day in the sports news cycle!

[size=3][i]"Stupid is as stupid does my moma always said"...Forest Gump[/i][/size]

The answer is no. If we get any new receivers via the draft or free agency they will be young, fast receivers that can stretch the field for us like we had hoped Lee Evans would. We don't need an over the hill possession receiver.

I would sign him as our equipment manager so he could literally hold the Ravens' jocks.

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Ed-Reed-s-health-in-doubt-but-his-jock-remains-?urn=nfl,257585"]Ed Reed doesn't wear a jock[/url], so I dunno how that is gonna work out with Hines

Sure...sign him and permanently place him on the practice squad. I think it'd be funny, honestly. I'd buy his jersey just to piss off some of my Steeler friends.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshkO8HqQ10"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshkO8HqQ10[/url]

Forget about Hines' reputation in Baltimore for a minute. Pretend he played for another team all these years and there was no bad blood between the two teams. Even then I would not thing twice to give him a **** NO! I would just the same bring Mason out of retirement for another season. They are both old and slow possession receivers, we need youth/ speed.

Now factor in the bad blood and intense hatred for Hines'....

Whines Ward would be crucified in our locker room from everyone not named Ray. I'd love for him to become a Raven just to hear of the retarded things they do to him, more or less likely what Ed would do.. But on another note, keep Whines far away from a purple and black uni..

Why do people keep linking Hines Ward to Baltimore? He's public enemy #1. Dirty, overrated [i](even when he [b]was[/b] decent)[/i], and he's washed-up to the point where his own team released him rather than try to work out a deal with him. NO.

as ive said before in the past, im up for anyone whose as the potential to get us over the hump. if you look at last year, it came down to 1 play, 1 catch. to decide the fate. im up for any player whom can help us at a specific time. (if you know what i mean) an what i mean by that is..... if we had Ward instead of evans last year. would that have been a certain catch? it all depends on the situation.

Hines May not be the right player for Ravens, but he MAY be the right player for the right play/situation. he may not be the fastest, but we just need a guy whose IN the RIGHT SPOT AT THE RIGHT TIME.

if he makes the game winning catch that gets us over that hump, then ill be screaming my head off for him and what he did for us. he might not have contributed all that much during the regular season BUT if he makes the catch when we need it most (like we've tried in the past with TJ, Evans exc) then hell.... bring him in!..

Right player. Right place. Right time.

Oh hell to the ABSOLUTELY not!!!! I like he idea of a camp body though, lil.