Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThePurpleWall

Ravens Releasing 3 Players

45 posts in this topic

1) Fine
2) Fine
3) Fine

Every one cut has a replacement currently on the roster.

The same people who pick at Flacco are the same ones who are so open about bringing Lee Evans back,
what is this the twilight zone? Damn

[quote name='Romo Ravens' timestamp='1330747757' post='1010517']

Why?
[/quote]

Well Mr Carr,was geting 12 million a year with us ?, i could be wrong but i thought it was around there,i dont see the Patriots doing that.

[quote name='VJax83' timestamp='1330746438' post='1010507']
The same people who pick at Flacco are the same ones who are so open about bringing Lee Evans back,
what is this the twilight zone? Damn
[/quote]

I'm a BIG Flacco supporter. And I want Evans back.. Just sayin [img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img].

But I doubt he will come back... I know he wants to be on a winning team & he seemed to really love our organization but I'm sure he feels like he is still in his prime & can be paid as such... you should be the one happy because the chance of him taking a pay cut & coming back is not very likely.

My questions are... if Evans did take a pay cut & came back, why would you have such a problem with it? Were you not happy when we got him initially? Or is it because of what happened this season with injury and the AFCCG? Or because he isn't tall?

I just don't see why having him back at reduced pay would be negative. He has never missed significant amount of games until this year. He is proven. He can make big plays. Gives Joe some stability. He still has speed which is important for our offense. We know how it went when we had multiple veteran players who were only good at intermediate routes. It allows us to have multiple solid weapons to put on the field. Doss might be able to start making an impact but Williams will probably never be a multiple down type weapon. The FA receiver trend needs to end. Drafting a tall fast receiver (what you want so badly) with a lot of potential is the way to go but the chances of them making an impact right away is slim. Torrey was the exception & he still had rookie inconsistencies. It would allow the young weapons to develop and be more league ready when it would be time to get rid of Evans/Boldin down the road. There really wouldn't be an upgrade with the money we would be able to give especially as a # 3 and wouldn't be a waste of the # 4 pick yet. Evans at a reduced rate would be a bargain IMO.

[quote name='raybaby' timestamp='1330750880' post='1010537']

I'm a BIG Flacco supporter. And I want Evans back.. Just sayin [img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img].

But I doubt he will come back... I know he wants to be on a winning team & he seemed to really love our organization but I'm sure he feels like he is still in his prime & can be paid as such... you should be the one happy because the chance of him taking a pay cut & coming back is not very likely.

My questions are... if Evans did take a pay cut & came back, why would you have such a problem with it? Were you not happy when we got him initially? Or is it because of what happened this season with injury and the AFCCG? Or because he isn't tall?

I just don't see why having him back at reduced pay would be negative. He has never missed significant amount of games until this year. He is proven. He can make big plays. Gives Joe some stability. He still has speed which is important for our offense. We know how it went when we had multiple veteran players who were only good at intermediate routes. It allows us to have multiple solid weapons to put on the field. Doss might be able to start making an impact but Williams will probably never be a multiple down type weapon. The FA receiver trend needs to end. Drafting a tall fast receiver (what you want so badly) with a lot of potential is the way to go but the chances of them making an impact right away is slim. Torrey was the exception & he still had rookie inconsistencies. It would allow the young weapons to develop and be more league ready when it would be time to get rid of Evans/Boldin down the road. There really wouldn't be an upgrade with the money we would be able to give especially as a # 3 and wouldn't be a waste of the # 4 pick yet. Evans at a reduced rate would be a bargain IMO.
[/quote]

The Ravens have said on more than one occasion that they want to get better at the WR position, this is one of the deepest FA WR classes in years and the draft has a strong group of WRs, the Ravens would be foolish to ignore that and settle on Lee Evans. Lee Evans should be a last resort option and that would imply desperation, that's the only reason I think they should bring him back. I don't have to worry about him coming back because I believe another team will sign him, the Redskins signed Stallworth after he basically did nothing here so Evans will get a shot somewhere else.

[quote name='VJax83' timestamp='1330753837' post='1010565']
The Ravens have said on more than one occasion that they want to get better at the WR position, this is one of the deepest FA WR classes in years and the draft has a strong group of WRs, the Ravens would be foolish to ignore that and settle on Lee Evans. Lee Evans should be a last resort option and that would imply desperation, that's the only reason I think they should bring him back. I don't have to worry about him coming back because I believe another team will sign him, the Redskins signed Stallworth after he basically did nothing here so Evans will get a shot somewhere else.
[/quote]

Many of those FA receivers will be looking for a good amount of money. How much money do you think we are willing to pay for an 'upgrade'? Who would be 'much' better that would be in our price range? I agree we should draft a receiver.

[quote name='raybaby' timestamp='1330756033' post='1010584']

Many of those FA receivers will be looking for a good amount of money. How much money do you think we are willing to pay for an 'upgrade'? Who would be 'much' better that would be in our price range? I agree we should draft a receiver.
[/quote]

Well I'm glad you are open to the other option which is drafting a WR, Lee Evans can't be the only option. Free agency doesn't have to be the only option and we don't know how the market will play out, last year Braylon Edwards thought he was going to get paid big money by the Jets or another team but he was humbled. The draft has a good group of receivers who could be available to the Ravens, if the Ravens strike out in free agency and the draft then Lee Evans could be an option. Lets not assume that no one else will sign Evans, the Redskins took a chance on Donte Stallworth.

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1330737913' post='1010392']
1) Fine
2) Fine
3) Fine

Every one cut has a replacement currently on the roster.
[/quote]

on the defensive side are you refering to ?,we only have 4 corners on the roster i think.

[quote name='ThePurpleWall' timestamp='1330824017' post='1011084']

on the defensive side are you refering to ?,we only have 4 corners on the roster i think.
[/quote]

On defense I am refering to Carr and Foxworth. (Or at least I think I was. I posted that a wile ago)
Either way. We can make it just fine with out those two.

[quote name='ThePurpleWall' timestamp='1330750320' post='1010532']

Well Mr Carr,was geting 12 million a year with us ?, i could be wrong but i thought it was around there,i dont see the Patriots doing that.
[/quote]

Carr wasn't getting 12 million a year. Not sure the exact amount but I'd bet ya $5 it wasn't even 1/2 that

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1330837476' post='1011166']
On defense I am refering to Carr and Foxworth. (Or at least I think I was. I posted that a wile ago)
Either way. We can make it just fine with out those two.
[/quote]

True

[quote name='harfordravenfan' timestamp='1330838240' post='1011169']
Carr wasn't getting 12 million a year. Not sure the exact amount but I'd bet ya $5 it wasn't even 1/2 that
[/quote]

your right, I found this shttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/01/ravens-cut-chris-carr/ Carr, who was a healthy scratch for the playoff win against the Texans, was set to make $2.5 million in 2012 and had $7 million coming his way in 2013 and 2014.

[quote name='harfordravenfan' timestamp='1330838240' post='1011169']
[/quote]
His cap hit was 3,54 million yearly salary 2.5 million

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1330838840' post='1011174']
His cap hit was 3,54 million yearly salary 2.5 million
[/quote]

well like i posted he was going to make 7 million in year 13/14.