Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mahatma_Sloth

Age of Allen! Are You Ready?

49 posts in this topic

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB2A7YQzeWQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB2A7YQzeWQ[/url]

As a back up to Ray Rice, Allen will be a perfect contrast in size and running style much like a hybred of Ricky and Willis. if you watch the video above you will see demonstrated (on a 82 yard td) a gear the two previous vets did not possess. I have had a huge mancrush on Allen since 2011 preseason and am glad they have him at #2 going into the offseason. i feel this guy is one of OZ diamond in the rough plus he is cheap atm. well enjoy the vid gives a lil taste of things to come and plz let me know what you think about this depth move

I'm looking forward to seeing this kid take this opportunity and running with it, literally....this offseason is huge for him, he knows the job is there if he wants it bad enough

I believe in Allen. He will be a solid player here and will back up Rice well. I think the only reason we got Ricky was because Allen wasn't ready & Ricky was a phenomenal value. Allen will do great and show why we drafted him.

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1330633747' post='1008540']
What does Age Nof mean?
[/quote]
means i got fat fingers

[quote name='Mahatma_Sloth' timestamp='1330634178' post='1008554']

means i got fat fingers
[/quote]I hate that lol

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1330634408' post='1008562']
I'd fix it if I had a clue what it should say.
[/quote]
im with you here lol, im confused

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1330634408' post='1008562']
I'd fix it if I had a clue what it should say.
[/quote]

I think it's supposed to say Age of Allen.

[quote name='rmw10' timestamp='1330635678' post='1008579']

I think it's supposed to say Age of Allen.
[/quote]
he gave the "N" a capital though, so that made me think the "N" was correct [img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.png[/img]

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1330635796' post='1008582']
he gave the "N" a capital though, so that made me think the "N" was correct [img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.png[/img]
[/quote]

nah, i believe he was trying to get to "o" and got stuck with "N"... age of allen defiNitelly lol

[quote name='horus13corvineus' timestamp='1330637484' post='1008637']

nah, i believe he was trying to get to "o" and got stuck with "N"... age of allen defiNitelly lol
[/quote]

Hope someone fixes it, I was guessing age not Allen but that made no sense. Anyhow, I'm also a big Allen fan, him behind leech just sounds nasty

The best part of the video is Allen always flipping the ball to the ref and just acting like he's been there before... I can't wait to see him get more reps!!

Im very excited about him, Ive been a fan of him since watching his highlights right after we drafted him. I really hope he gets that #2 spot.

I am very excited to see Allen take the field. I think he is going to be a bowling ball with feet.

A few things I noticed about A. Allen that he might have problems with this off season. 1. He runs through the holes way to high. He has to learn to get small when running through the holes, meaning that (he needs to get that pad level down). 2. He carries the ball very loosely. Fumbling might be an issue due to his hold on the rock. << This can be corrected in the off season. 3. He has no juke moves. He would be better suited to bulk up even more, and be a true power back. I like his hungry attitude though, if any team can turn this guy into a beast, it will definitely be the Ravens.

as a huge Virginia Tech Hokies fan....and of my boy Tyrod Taylor in particular.....in the ACC we had to face Allen and his GT Yellowjackets on the regular. needless to say, that he gave my Hokies hell! lol! it would be a shame for the Ravens to keep him on the pine INSTEAD of getting him into the game early as possible in his career so that he can start gaining that needed experience.

~Mili

Allen is very raw given the offense / position he experienced at GT, which is why he wasn't drafted higher. I agree that he is a diamond in the rough though based on sheer ability. We will have to wait and see what that translates into, however for a guy that is 230 lbs he has incredible quickness to go along with his bruising / bouncing running style. His 40 time may just be average, but check out his other combine results compared to that of other notable RB currently in the league. Impressive!

Name..................................40..............3-cone...........shuttle.............vertical.............broad...........bench
Anthony Allen....................4.56.............[color=#ff0000]6.79[/color].................[color=#ff0000]4.06[/color]..............[color=#ff0000]41.50[/color]...............120................24
Maurice Jones-Drew..........4.39.............7.08.................4.41..............36.00...............116................18
Adrian Peterson................4.50.............7.09.................4.40..............38.50...............127................--
Ray Rice...........................4.42.............6.65.................4.20..............31.50................119................23
Ahmad Bradshaw..............4.55.............6.70.................4.09..............34.00................112................--
Matt Forte.........................4.44.............6.84.................4.23..............33.00................118................23
Jamaal Charles.................4.38.............6.80.................4.22..............30.50................122................--
Ben Tate............................4.43............6.91.................4.12..............40.50................124................26
Dexter McCluster...............4.58.............--.....................4.06..............37.50................118................20

I wanted Allen to be Ray's back up from day 1, never thought we needed Sticky Icky Ricky.

He is awesome! But I hope he doesn't still sport that long hair. After that would-be T. Smith touchdown that never was due to a hair-tackle, I don't wanna see any guy who will be carrying the football with long hair like that anymore. It's a competitive disadvantage.

[quote name='callahan09' timestamp='1330704107' post='1009667']
He is awesome! But I hope he doesn't still sport that long hair. After that would-be T. Smith touchdown that never was due to a hair-tackle, I don't wanna see any guy who will be carrying the football with long hair like that anymore. It's a competitive disadvantage.
[/quote]
Didn't read that, too busy getting run over by steven jackson.

[quote name='callahan09' timestamp='1330704107' post='1009667']
[/quote]
I think he cut it but I'm not positive.

I really like Allen as our 2nd back. He will fit in nicely to fill the void of Williams' retirement. He can jump higher than Rice which will make him another red zone threat. The lockout was hard on the rookies because they never received the proper coaching to transition to the speed of the pro game. With the tag going on Rice soon, Allen will be our insurance policy for the future to help keep Rice healthy by not overusing him. I still see us drafting a RB/KR in the later rounds of the draft to replace D. Reed.

[quote name='RBates' timestamp='1330673402' post='1009490']
A few things I noticed about A. Allen that he might have problems with this off season. 1. He runs through the holes way to high. He has to learn to get small when running through the holes, meaning that (he needs to get that pad level down). 2. He carries the ball very loosely. Fumbling might be an issue due to his hold on the rock. << This can be corrected in the off season. 3. He has no juke moves. He would be better suited to bulk up even more, and be a true power back. I like his hungry attitude though, if any team can turn this guy into a beast, it will definitely be the Ravens.
[/quote]
1 [url="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d82197f3f/Allen-pounds-home-a-TD"]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d82197f3f/Allen-pounds-home-a-TD[/url] ya, i can see that
2 not so much a concern with an actual off season remember how willis used to hold the ball?
3 the chart below tells me he will at least be shifty
[quote name='pgk' timestamp='1330692826' post='1009556']
Allen is very raw given the offense / position he experienced at GT, which is why he wasn't drafted higher. I agree that he is a diamond in the rough though based on sheer ability. We will have to wait and see what that translates into, however for a guy that is 230 lbs he has incredible quickness to go along with his bruising / bouncing running style. His 40 time may just be average, but check out his other combine results compared to that of other notable RB currently in the league. Impressive!

Name..................................40..............3-cone...........shuttle.............vertical.............broad...........bench
Anthony Allen....................4.56.............[color=#ff0000]6.79[/color].................[color=#ff0000]4.06[/color]..............[color=#ff0000]41.50[/color]...............120................24
Maurice Jones-Drew..........4.39.............7.08.................4.41..............36.00...............116................18
Adrian Peterson................4.50.............7.09.................4.40..............38.50...............127................--
Ray Rice...........................4.42.............6.65.................4.20..............31.50................119................23
Ahmad Bradshaw..............4.55.............6.70.................4.09..............34.00................112................--
Matt Forte.........................4.44.............6.84.................4.23..............33.00................118................23
Jamaal Charles.................4.38.............6.80.................4.22..............30.50................122................--
Ben Tate............................4.43............6.91.................4.12..............40.50................124................26
Dexter McCluster...............4.58.............--.....................4.06..............37.50................118................20
[/quote]

[quote name='Mahatma_Sloth' timestamp='1330707988' post='1009720']
1 [url="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d82197f3f/Allen-pounds-home-a-TD"]http://www.nfl.com/v...ounds-home-a-TD[/url] ya, i can see that
2 not so much a concern with an actual off season remember how willis used to hold the ball?
3 the chart below tells me he will at least be shifty
[/quote]

I don't know about shifty, more so explosive and agile. When I think "shifty" I think of Sproles, or a scat back type guy. Maybe even Rice. Allen's a north-south dude with explosion.

He should have had Carries last yr. I dont want to see us bring in another Old Running back when we have two perfect running 2nd yr player now , although you might as well call them Rookies because they didnt get any Carries which really dumbfounds me.