Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raider9175

Joe Flacco Versus Carson Palmer

62 posts in this topic

http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?player1=FLA009602&player2=PAL249055&player3=null&player4=null&position=quarterback&playerOne=Joe+Flacco&playerTwo=Carson+Palmer&playerThree=Select+a+Player...&playerFour=Select+a+Player...

Carson Palmer completed 61% of his passes with a 8.4 average (3rd best in league) to Joe Flacco 58% with anemic 6.7 average per pass.

Out of the 542 attempts Joe Flaco completed 312 completions. Out of those 312 completions 104 were to the Rbs. 76 to Ray Rice, 15 to leach ande 13 for Rickey williams.= 33 % of his completed passes I don't know about you but I think Flacco completion percentage should be alot higher than 58 %.

No offense but why do you think we care, or would care, at all about the Oakland Raiders (a .500 or less team since 2003) and/or Carson Palmer?

This again?

Through 10 games, only 9 starts, Palmer threw 16 INTs - three games with 3+ INTs.

We stopped caring about Carson Palmer once he [s]retired[/s] got traded.

[quote name='Raider9175' timestamp='1329143338' post='993020']
[url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?player1=FLA009602&player2=PAL249055&player3=null&player4=null&position=quarterback&playerOne=Joe+Flacco&playerTwo=Carson+Palmer&playerThree=Select+a+Player...&playerFour=Select+a+Player..."]http://www.nfl.com/s...ect+a+Player...[/url]

Carson Palmer completed 61% of his passes with a 8.4 average (3rd best in league) to Joe Flacco 58% with anemic 6.7 average per pass.

Out of the 542 attempts Joe Flaco completed 312 completions. Out of those 312 completions 104 were to the Rbs. 76 to Ray Rice, 15 to leach ande 13 for Rickey williams.= 33 % of his completed passes I don't know about you but I think Flacco completion percentage should be alot higher than 58 %.
[/quote]

Those are just fantasy football stats. The only thing that matters in the NFL is the W-L record. Tim Tebow showed you can have horrible stats and still win games and he even led his team to a playoff win over the Steelers of all teams. Despite horrible stats and being called the "worst QB" in the NFL he still led the Broncos to the playoffs, again the only thing that matters. Since Joe has been on the team in 2008, Ravens have made the playoffs every year, come back when Oakland makes the playoffs again, well that's if you don't continue to be Tebowed by Tim Tebow.

Cherry pick much? Let's take a look at 2010 stats, including interceptions. Or how about the 3 of Joe's 4 seasons where his completion percentage was fine.

Don't be mad at us because Hue set your franchise back 2 years with that idiotic trade.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1329150922' post='993076']

Those are just fantasy football stats. The only thing that matters in the NFL is the W-L record. Tim Tebow showed you can have horrible stats and still win games and he even led his team to a playoff win over the Steelers of all teams. Despite horrible stats and being called the "worst QB" in the NFL he still led the Broncos to the playoffs, again the only thing that matters. Since Joe has been on the team in 2008, Ravens have made the playoffs every year, come back when Oakland makes the playoffs again, well that's if you don't continue to be Tebowed by Tim Tebow.
[/quote]
[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1329150922' post='993076']

[/quote]

You sound like Jet fans with Mark Sanchez. Stats don't mean nothing that our Qb hasn't played as well. When you have a championship caliber defense for years and only one championship. what does that tell you.

I hope the Raven give Joe Flacco the biggest richest contract extension in the game. They desedrve to be saddled for years with an average at best QB.

Joe Flacco is closer to a Mark sanchez than a Carson Palmer(Just a different class of Qb). I still waiting for anyone to take my bet who will have the better numbers in 2012.

[quote name='Raider9175' timestamp='1329158074' post='993155']

You sound like Jet fans with Mark Sanchez. Stats don't mean nothing that our Qb hasn't played as well. When you have a championship caliber defense for years and only one championship. what does that tell you.

I hope the Raven give Joe Flacco the biggest richest contract extension in the game. They desedrve to be saddled for years with an average at best QB.

Joe Flacco is closer to a Mark sanchez than a Carson Palmer(Just a different class of Qb). I still waiting for anyone to take my bet who will have the better numbers in 2012.
[/quote]

LOL... and we're still waiting for you to make any kind of sense, so we're all in the same boat here.

[/quote]
At the end of the day the only numbers that matter are the ones you wear on your fingers. Unfortunately for both of us, both our quarterbacks have nothing to show there. Fortunately for us, ours has given us hope he can and will have some hardware to show.

If you are asking me who will have better stats, I don't know. We play AFC North, NFC East, & the AFC West. I believe at the end of the season Flacco will be further than Palmer in the playoffs. We have a legit shot at the Bowl. The Raiders have slim chances as they are right now, and they don't have a lot to work with related to draft picks.

I believe Palmer will beat Flacco in interceptions. That's one category where Palmer excels.

[quote name='T-ray' timestamp='1329158889' post='993161']
LOL... and we're still waiting for you to make any kind of sense, so we're all in the same boat here.
[/quote]
Does anyo0ne know Carson Palmer winning percentage against The big bad raven defense.. (that the only thing that matters wins and losses right) 10 anjd 4 or something like that. We will see you guys next year in baltimore.

As for which one had the highest value, I'm taking Flacco over Palmer every day of the week.... know why?? We didn't spend an entire draft in getting him to our team.. we spent one mid 1st pick, then built/are building around that since we haven't put ourselves into a hole lol

[quote name='Raider9175' timestamp='1329159406' post='993172']
Does anyo0ne know Carson Palmer winning percentage against The big bad raven defense.. (that the only thing that matters wins and losses right) 10 anjd 4 or something like that. We will see you guys next year in baltimore.
[/quote]

You know what the difference is?? The Bengals had our number, had a couple of good years, and were fierce divisional rivals of us. The Raiders.. well.....

Oh, and the Bengals don't miss Palmer at all, just in case you didn't notice.

[quote name='T-ray' timestamp='1329159477' post='993174']
As for which one had the highest value, I'm taking Flacco over Palmer every day of the week.... know why?? We didn't spend an entire draft in getting him to our team.. we spent one mid 1st pick, then built/are building around that since we haven't put ourselves into a hole lol
[/quote]

So how much are we putting up. that Joe Flacco numbers will be better than Carson Plamer. A Guy that comnpletes as much to his RB should have a way higher completion percentage than he has.. Whats up with that.

[quote name='Raider9175' timestamp='1329159658' post='993179']

So how much are we putting up. that Joe Flacco numbers will be better than Carson Plamer. A Guy that comnpletes as much to his RB should have a way higher completion percentage than he has.. Whats up with that.
[/quote]

LOL.. you didn't even reply to my post with an argument. Thats when I know we gotchya.. smell blood, we go in for the kill brother.

[quote name='T-ray' timestamp='1329159559' post='993177']

You know what the difference is?? The Bengals had our number, had a couple of good years, and were fierce divisional rivals of us. The Raiders.. well.....

Oh, and the Bengals don't miss Palmer at all, just in case you didn't notice.
[/quote]

It all about wins and Losses. C Palmer has owned the raven defense for years. . Do something about it than talk about how C Palmer isn't a top ten passer. Not with that record against the Ravens. C Palmer dosen't need to throw as much to his backs as Flacco and he still completes more passes(high percentage) throwing the ball well down the field.

[/quote]
I like how you are an expert on a player you just acquired. We have played against him two times a year since he came here. Don't you think we know something about Carson Palmer?

If Palmer was so good, why did Andy Dalton come into camp and essentially outperform Palmer? I think Andy Dalton will be more of a QB than Palmer ever was.

Btw, as for Palmer's career records against OUR Ravens defense...it's not Palmer that beat us but rather the Bengals' defense. Lewis knows how to beat us more than anyone.

[quote name='Raider9175' timestamp='1329159842' post='993182']

It all about wins and Losses. C Palmer has owned the raven defense for years. . Do something about it than talk about how C Palmer isn't a top ten passer. Not with that record against the Ravens. C Palmer dosen't need to throw as much to his backs as Flacco and he still completes more passes(high percentage) throwing the ball well down the field.
[/quote]

Child, please....

[quote name='T-ray' timestamp='1329159752' post='993180']

LOL.. you didn't even reply to my post with an argument. Thats when I know we gotchya.. smell blood, we go in for the kill brother.
[/quote]
I didn't want to change the topic or the political correct police would be all over me. This thread about Joe Flacco versus Carson Plamer. . I did answer that one in the stanford Routt thread if you must know my answer.

[quote name='Raider9175' timestamp='1329160095' post='993189']
I didn't want to change the topic or the political correct police would be all over me. This thread about Joe Flacco versus Carson Plamer. . I did answer that one in the stanford Routt thread if you must know my answer.
[/quote]

Its your thread dude.. do as you wish with it lol

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1329159894' post='993184']
I like how you are an expert on a player you just acquired. We have played against him two times a year since he came here. Don't you think we know something about Carson Palmer?

If Palmer was so good, why did Andy Dalton come into camp and essentially outperform Palmer? I think Andy Dalton will be more of a QB than Palmer ever was.

Btw, as for Palmer's career records against OUR Ravens defense...it's not Palmer that beat us but rather the Bengals' defense. Lewis knows how to beat us more than anyone.
[/quote]
Correct me if I'm wrong how did Andy Dalton exactly outperform Carson Palmer in camp. . Palmer retired before Andy Daltion was even drafted. Correct.

IF Palmer as bad as you say why couldn't a chamionship defense(Ravens) beat him. The bengals defense beside last year hasn't exactly been very good.. what excuses are you going to be making next year when Carson Palmer comes in and beats the Raven yet again.. I done right now with this sitge but I will be back the week the Raiders play the Ravens. Hope it week one as I want to get off to a fast start.

[quote name='Raider9175' timestamp='1329159842' post='993182']

[/quote]
C Palmer hasnt owned us, the bengals d until this year owned us there a difference. tbh im not going to say c palmer is good or bad, i dont watch the raider so i cant comment, if you watched our offense, and new our system, high percentage passing isnt going to happen in our system. we also had drops as well a errand throws by joe... but i bet you wise some of C palmers ints where errand throws into no mans land eh? maybe would have won the division eh

[quote name='Raider9175' timestamp='1329143338' post='993020']
[url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?player1=FLA009602&player2=PAL249055&player3=null&player4=null&position=quarterback&playerOne=Joe+Flacco&playerTwo=Carson+Palmer&playerThree=Select+a+Player...&playerFour=Select+a+Player..."]http://www.nfl.com/s...ect+a+Player...[/url]

[/quote]

What bet? I'd bet you 10 thousand dollars easily that Joe will be better in 2012 than Carson. Joe finished this year with a higher quarterback rating than Carson, in Joe's worst season as a pro - what does THAT tell you?

[quote name='Raider9175' timestamp='1329160435' post='993197']
Correct me if I'm wrong how did Andy Dalton exactly outperform Carson Palmer in camp. . Palmer retired before Andy Daltion was even drafted. Correct.

IF Palmer as bad as you say why couldn't a chamionship defense(Ravens) beat him. The bengals defense beside last year hasn't exactly been very good.. what excuses are you going to be making next year when Carson Palmer comes in and beats the Raven yet again.
[/quote]

If he beats us next year, then the world will end in Dec. 21, 2012.... lol

[quote name='Ravenslifer' timestamp='1329160532' post='993200']

What bet? I'd bet you 10 thousand dollars easily that Joe will be better in 2012 than Carson. Joe finished this year with a higher quarterback rating than Carson, in Joe's worst season as a pro - what does THAT tell you?
[/quote]
Hahaha. Game, set, match. Palmer is a declining QB with a penchant to make mistakes. In no way, shape, or form is near the level of Joe Flacco. Maybe we can put Carson Palmer of 05 or 06 up there, but he isn't the same as he used to be after the injuries.

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1329160519' post='993198']
C Palmer hasnt owned us, the bengals d until this year owned us there a difference. tbh im not going to say c palmer is good or bad, i dont watch the raider so i cant comment, if you watched our offense, and new our system, high percentage passing isnt going to happen in our system. we also had drops as well a errand throws by joe... but i bet you wise some of C palmers ints where errand throws into no mans land eh? maybe would have won the division eh
[/quote]

A question for you JOe Flacco never played for the Ravens. He was sitting on his couch the first six weeks of the season. NOw he came to the Ravens with no training camp, Not knowing the offense, The playbooki, the Wr's. How do you trhink he would have done.

Joe Flacco has played how manjy years for bthe Ravens and his numbers still weren't better than C Palmer. So iunder the circumstancxes I mention how do you think Joe Flacco or any Qb would have done.

[quote name='Raider9175' timestamp='1329160435' post='993197']

IF Palmer as bad as you say why couldn't a chamionship defense(Ravens) beat him. The bengals defense beside last year hasn't exactly been very good.. what excuses are you going to be making next year when Carson Palmer comes in and beats the Raven yet again.. I done right now with this sitge but I will be back the week the Raiders play the Ravens. Hope it week one as I want to get off to a fast start.
[/quote]
You're correct that Palmer did not go to camp. I meant he outperformed him in what he can do. Dalton is better than Palmer. He makes better decisions than Palmer.

Until last year, the Bengals had one of the best cornerback tandems in the league with Joseph & Hall. They have a solid front 4 with decent linebackers. Watch some Bengals games befoore you comment on their defense rather than rely on statistics.

Regarding our game with the Raiders, I have two words: "Can't wait." Please remember to come back here when you lose. I'll make you a Photoshop signature for your profile here.

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1329160838' post='993210']
Hahaha. Game, set, match. Palmer is a declining QB with a penchant to make mistakes. In no way, shape, or form is near the level of Joe Flacco. Maybe we can put Carson Palmer of 05 or 06 up there, but he isn't the same as he used to be after the injuries.
[/quote]
Carson Palmer was the sixth rated Qb in 2010 . Joe Flacco was what 10 or 11. . Tell me what year was Joe Flacco up there with the top five Qb's in his career. Palmer completed 61% to Joe Flacco 58% He had 8.4 average yard per pass to Joe Flacco 6.7. Thats not even knowing the offense or the playmakers around him.

Palmer had 57 catches by RBs/FBs in 2011, that's 28.6% of his 199 completed passes. And consider that a lot of Flacco's passes to his back are designed plays; Ray Rice is one of the best receiving backs and playmakers in the NFL - we feed him the ball.

So, before you harp on Flacco about his completion percentage, realize that Flacco has topped the "magical 61% mark" two times in the past four seasons while Palmer has only done it once - and it wasn't this year.

Oh and back to my original point, Carson's 16 INTs. He had an interception percentage of 4.9%, basically 1 ball out of every 20 was a pick. That's second worst in the entire league, right behind John Skelton.

[quote name='Raider9175' timestamp='1329161111' post='993222']
[b] Carson Palmer was the sixth rated Qb in 2010 . Joe Flacco was what 10 or 11.[/b] . Tell me what year was Joe Flacco up there with the top five Qb's in his career. Palmer completed 61% to Joe Flacco 58% He had 8.4 average yard per pass to Joe Flacco 6.7. Thats not even knowing the offense or the playmakers around him.
[/quote]

Get OUT of here with this mess. You have no idea what you're talking about.

In 2010:

[color=#800080][b]Joe Flacco[/b][/color] [b]93.6 QBR - 7th in the NFL[/b]

[color=#ff8c00][b]Carson Palmer[/b][/color] [b]82.4 QBR - 19th in the NFL[/b]

This is getting tiresome. You can't brag about Carson Palmer when he objectively sucked.

[quote name='Raider9175' timestamp='1329160922' post='993215']

A question for you JOe Flacco never played for the Ravens. He was sitting on his couch the first six weeks of the season. NOw he came to the Ravens with no training camp, Not knowing the offense, The playbooki, the Wr's. How do you trhink he would have done.

Joe Flacco has played how manjy years for bthe Ravens and his numbers still weren't better than C Palmer. So iunder the circumstancxes I mention how do you think Joe Flacco or any Qb would have done.
[/quote]
I remember reading reports that Palmer was working out and keeping in shape. Even if he didn't, that's just stupid for him to sit on his couch and get fat. He wasn't retiring; he was making the Bengals trade him.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1329160985' post='993217']
You're correct that Palmer did not go to camp. I meant he outperformed him in what he can do. Dalton is better than Palmer. He makes better decisions than Palmer.

Until last year, the Bengals had one of the best cornerback tandems in the league with Joseph & Hall. They have a solid front 4 with decent linebackers. Watch some Bengals games befoore you comment on their defense rather than rely on statistics.

Regarding our game with the Raiders, I have two words: "Can't wait." Please remember to come back here when you lose. I'll make you a Photoshop signature for your profile here.
[/quote]

How did Andy Dalton Outperform Carson Palmer last year. A Dalton completed 58 % of his passes with a6.6 yard per pass to C Palmer 61% with 8.4 average yard per pass. . Yes C Palmer threw more interceptions but your just in denial if you don't understand the situation he was thrown into. Takes time for a Qb to get comfortable with his weapons. not to mentio9n understand the playbook.

Again Like Flacco < Carson Palmer with a full offseason in Raiders offense will have a much better yewar than dalton or Flacco in 2012.

[/quote]

And when the Raiders lose, will we still see you on this forum flapping them jaws?

[quote name='Raider9175' timestamp='1329161752' post='993240']

How did Andy Dalton Outperform Carson Palmer last year. A Dalton completed 58 % of his passes with a6.6 yard per pass to C Palmer 61% with 8.4 average yard per pass. . Yes C Palmer threw more interceptions but your just in denial if you don't understand the situation he was thrown into. Takes time for a Qb to get comfortable with his weapons. not to mentio9n understand the playbook.

Again Like Flacco < Carson Palmer with a full offseason in Raiders offense will have a much better yewar than dalton or Flacco in 2012.
[/quote]
You are delusional if you think Palmer will have a much better year than Flacco in 2012. I guess we just we will just have to wait and see how wrong you are though.

[/quote]
You should be an accountant. You seem to obsess over stats. I didn't see Carson Palmer in the playoffs. They almost made it, but almost only counts in horseshoes and this is football. Dalton played better than Palmer. Dalton, like Flacco, went against some of the very best defenses in the league.

You're in denial if you believe Palmer is going to save your franchise. He needs a team to win, anyway.

Anyway, we'll let the season do the talking.

Carson Palmer was the sixth rated Qb in 2010 . Joe Flacco was what 10 or 11. . Tell me what year was Joe Flacco up there with the top five Qb's in his career. Palmer completed 61% to Joe Flacco 58% He had 8.4 average yard per pass to Joe Flacco 6.7. Thats not even knowing the offense or the playmakers around him.
[/quote]
What do you care if Joe had 58% completion? For two first round picks Palmer better be completing 116% of his passes.

[quote name='TreTheRaven' timestamp='1329161771' post='993241'] And when the Raiders lose, will we still see you on this forum flapping them jaws?[/quote]

Obviously yes, because he's still here now after Palmer stunk this year

[/quote]

How did Dalton out perform Palmer? By taking his team to the playoffs in his rookie season and winning more games than Oakland last season. Also Palmer had a much better supporting cast in Cincy than he does in Oakland right now.

[b]Carson Palmer was the sixth rated Qb in 2010. [/b]Joe Flacco was what 10 or 11. Tell me what year was Joe Flacco up there with the top five Qb's in his career. Palmer completed 61% to Joe Flacco 58%. He had 8.4 average yard per pass to Joe Flacco 6.7. Thats not even knowing the offense or the playmakers around him.
[/quote]

It's 2012 so who cares about what he did in 2010. Your just like a Steelers fan, living in the past and always saying your better because of PAST success. Right now nothing in 2010 matters, have you heard the phrase that it's a "what have you done for me lately league" well what has Carson done lately, miss the playoffs with the Raiders while Joe well made it to the AFC Championship game. Then once the 2012 Season begins in September, the 2011 Season won't matter anymore and it will be about what Carson/Joe do in the 2012 Season.

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1329161284' post='993227']

Get OUT of here with this mess. You have no idea what you're talking about.

In 2010:

[color=#800080][b]Joe Flacco[/b][/color] [b]93.6 QBR - 7th in the NFL[/b]

[color=#ff8c00][b]Carson Palmer[/b][/color] [b]82.4 QBR - 19th in the NFL[/b]

This is getting tiresome. You can't brag about Carson Palmer when he objectively sucked.
[/quote]
funny how he doesnt respond to facts

This is why I hate football sometimes.

Yes we all care how an AFC West QB is compared to ours.....when that particular AFC West QB has been to the playoffs twice in his entire career and has not won a single game yet.

oh lord...you resurfaced with this crap again?

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/41776-raiders-acquire-carson-palmer/page__st__180

Lol, this guy doesn't respond to the facts that disprove what he's saying. 2010 stats are clear, Palmer was awful and Flacco was very good (he was 7th rated overall, 2nd rated for a streak of 14 games, week 3 to week 17, behind Tom Brady). Palmer then blamed his bad season on the Bengals and refused to play for them. The Bengals proceeded to fleece the idiotic Raiders into giving them a 1 and a 2, and then make the playoffs anyway with a rookie QB named Andy Dalton, who any Ravens fan will tell you has been just as productive against us as Palmer ever was. Palmer won games against us because of the Bengals defense; he just had to be competent. The Ravens still swept the Bengals in 2008 with a rookie QB; Flacco is actually 3-3 against Palmer, 5-3 against the Bengals. Thanks for playing.

My question is why is a Raider fan coming onto our boards trying to boost about a QB that no longer has any relevance to us now that he is out of our division? Lol like why would you care about what Ravens fans think about your QB? Shouldn't you be having this fight with Cincy fans who pretty much got a steal with those draft picks you gave up for him and that haven't missed a beat with Dalton?

Then to only post selective stats to try and prove a point to fans of a team that have no relevance to your team? Scoot along.

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1329143706' post='993022']
This again?

Through 10 games, only 9 starts, Palmer threw 16 INTs - three games with 3+ INTs.

We stopped caring about Carson Palmer once he [s]retired[/s] got traded.
[/quote]

The thread should have ended here.

How is this a discussion? lol.
I mean it just doesnt make sense to me.[img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/huh.png[/img]

Joe Flacco is closer to a Mark sanchez than a Carson Palmer(Just a different class of Qb). [b] I still waiting for anyone to take my bet who will have the better numbers in 2012.[/b]
[/quote]
I'll take it.
If Palmer does better then Joe I will delete my account on here.
& when Joe does better then Palmer, you delete yours.

Isn't Palmer from USC?

Through Super Bowl XLIII, no USC QB has started a Super Bowl and won ... no USC QB has started a Super Bowl and lost, either. The only USC QB with a Super Bowl ring is Rob Johnson who was the backup QB to Brad Johnson of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Super Bowl XXXVII. He did not play in the game.[color=#000000][left]
Good luck with that.[/left][/color][/left]

Not a scientific observation--Palmer is not so good after Thanksgiving rips it up in the warmer weather since his knee injury