#1 Raider9175

Raider9175

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

http://www.nfl.com/s...ect a Player...

Carson Palmer completed 61% of his passes with a 8.4 average (3rd best in league) to Joe Flacco 58% with anemic 6.7 average per pass.

Out of the 542 attempts Joe Flaco completed 312 completions. Out of those 312 completions 104 were to the Rbs. 76 to Ray Rice, 15 to leach ande 13 for Rickey williams.= 33 % of his completed passes I don't know about you but I think Flacco completion percentage should be alot higher than 58 %.

#2 Maryland1

Maryland1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

No offense but why do you think we care, or would care, at all about the Oakland Raiders (a .500 or less team since 2003) and/or Carson Palmer?

#3 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,015 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

This again?

Through 10 games, only 9 starts, Palmer threw 16 INTs - three games with 3+ INTs.

We stopped caring about Carson Palmer once he retired got traded.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#4 ravens__

ravens__

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

Palmer can find opposing defensive backs no matter how tight the window is. I give him that :)

2010 BR.com "You Pick 'em" Champion

10fqgjp.jpg

#5 SpearSrai

SpearSrai

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Flacco is better than Palmer, and it's not even close. ;)

#6 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Carson Palmer? Show me what he has done in the playoffs
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#7 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,546 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

http://www.nfl.com/s...ect+a+Player...

Carson Palmer completed 61% of his passes with a 8.4 average (3rd best in league) to Joe Flacco 58% with anemic 6.7 average per pass.

Out of the 542 attempts Joe Flaco completed 312 completions. Out of those 312 completions 104 were to the Rbs. 76 to Ray Rice, 15 to leach ande 13 for Rickey williams.= 33 % of his completed passes I don't know about you but I think Flacco completion percentage should be alot higher than 58 %.

Those are just fantasy football stats. The only thing that matters in the NFL is the W-L record. Tim Tebow showed you can have horrible stats and still win games and he even led his team to a playoff win over the Steelers of all teams. Despite horrible stats and being called the "worst QB" in the NFL he still led the Broncos to the playoffs, again the only thing that matters. Since Joe has been on the team in 2008, Ravens have made the playoffs every year, come back when Oakland makes the playoffs again, well that's if you don't continue to be Tebowed by Tim Tebow.

Edited by JO_75, 13 February 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#8 JohnJohnson

JohnJohnson

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

Cherry pick much? Let's take a look at 2010 stats, including interceptions. Or how about the 3 of Joe's 4 seasons where his completion percentage was fine.

Don't be mad at us because Hue set your franchise back 2 years with that idiotic trade.

Edited by JohnJohnson, 13 February 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#9 Raider9175

Raider9175

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

Those are just fantasy football stats. The only thing that matters in the NFL is the W-L record. Tim Tebow showed you can have horrible stats and still win games and he even led his team to a playoff win over the Steelers of all teams. Despite horrible stats and being called the "worst QB" in the NFL he still led the Broncos to the playoffs, again the only thing that matters. Since Joe has been on the team in 2008, Ravens have made the playoffs every year, come back when Oakland makes the playoffs again, well that's if you don't continue to be Tebowed by Tim Tebow.

You sound like Jet fans with Mark Sanchez. Stats don't mean nothing that our Qb hasn't played as well. When you have a championship caliber defense for years and only one championship. what does that tell you.

I hope the Raven give Joe Flacco the biggest richest contract extension in the game. They desedrve to be saddled for years with an average at best QB.

Joe Flacco is closer to a Mark sanchez than a Carson Palmer(Just a different class of Qb). I still waiting for anyone to take my bet who will have the better numbers in 2012.

Edited by Raider9175, 13 February 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#10 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

You sound like Jet fans with Mark Sanchez. Stats don't mean nothing that our Qb hasn't played as well. When you have a championship caliber defense for years and only one championship. what does that tell you.

I hope the Raven give Joe Flacco the biggest richest contract extension in the game. They desedrve to be saddled for years with an average at best QB.

Joe Flacco is closer to a Mark sanchez than a Carson Palmer(Just a different class of Qb). I still waiting for anyone to take my bet who will have the better numbers in 2012.

LOL... and we're still waiting for you to make any kind of sense, so we're all in the same boat here.
Mount Ravensmore, 2013 version: Matt Elam, Arthur Brown, and Brandon Williams.

#11 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,077 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

At the end of the day the only numbers that matter are the ones you wear on your fingers. Unfortunately for both of us, both our quarterbacks have nothing to show there. Fortunately for us, ours has given us hope he can and will have some hardware to show.

If you are asking me who will have better stats, I don't know. We play AFC North, NFC East, & the AFC West. I believe at the end of the season Flacco will be further than Palmer in the playoffs. We have a legit shot at the Bowl. The Raiders have slim chances as they are right now, and they don't have a lot to work with related to draft picks.

I believe Palmer will beat Flacco in interceptions. That's one category where Palmer excels.

#12 Raider9175

Raider9175

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

LOL... and we're still waiting for you to make any kind of sense, so we're all in the same boat here.

Does anyo0ne know Carson Palmer winning percentage against The big bad raven defense.. (that the only thing that matters wins and losses right) 10 anjd 4 or something like that. We will see you guys next year in baltimore.

#13 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

As for which one had the highest value, I'm taking Flacco over Palmer every day of the week.... know why?? We didn't spend an entire draft in getting him to our team.. we spent one mid 1st pick, then built/are building around that since we haven't put ourselves into a hole lol

#14 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

Does anyo0ne know Carson Palmer winning percentage against The big bad raven defense.. (that the only thing that matters wins and losses right) 10 anjd 4 or something like that. We will see you guys next year in baltimore.

You know what the difference is?? The Bengals had our number, had a couple of good years, and were fierce divisional rivals of us. The Raiders.. well.....

Oh, and the Bengals don't miss Palmer at all, just in case you didn't notice.

#15 Raider9175

Raider9175

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

As for which one had the highest value, I'm taking Flacco over Palmer every day of the week.... know why?? We didn't spend an entire draft in getting him to our team.. we spent one mid 1st pick, then built/are building around that since we haven't put ourselves into a hole lol

So how much are we putting up. that Joe Flacco numbers will be better than Carson Plamer. A Guy that comnpletes as much to his RB should have a way higher completion percentage than he has.. Whats up with that.

#16 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

So how much are we putting up. that Joe Flacco numbers will be better than Carson Plamer. A Guy that comnpletes as much to his RB should have a way higher completion percentage than he has.. Whats up with that.

LOL.. you didn't even reply to my post with an argument. Thats when I know we gotchya.. smell blood, we go in for the kill brother.

#17 Raider9175

Raider9175

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

You know what the difference is?? The Bengals had our number, had a couple of good years, and were fierce divisional rivals of us. The Raiders.. well.....

Oh, and the Bengals don't miss Palmer at all, just in case you didn't notice.

It all about wins and Losses. C Palmer has owned the raven defense for years. . Do something about it than talk about how C Palmer isn't a top ten passer. Not with that record against the Ravens. C Palmer dosen't need to throw as much to his backs as Flacco and he still completes more passes(high percentage) throwing the ball well down the field.

#18 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,077 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

I like how you are an expert on a player you just acquired. We have played against him two times a year since he came here. Don't you think we know something about Carson Palmer?

If Palmer was so good, why did Andy Dalton come into camp and essentially outperform Palmer? I think Andy Dalton will be more of a QB than Palmer ever was.

Btw, as for Palmer's career records against OUR Ravens defense...it's not Palmer that beat us but rather the Bengals' defense. Lewis knows how to beat us more than anyone.

#19 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

It all about wins and Losses. C Palmer has owned the raven defense for years. . Do something about it than talk about how C Palmer isn't a top ten passer. Not with that record against the Ravens. C Palmer dosen't need to throw as much to his backs as Flacco and he still completes more passes(high percentage) throwing the ball well down the field.

Child, please....

#20 Raider9175

Raider9175

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

LOL.. you didn't even reply to my post with an argument. Thats when I know we gotchya.. smell blood, we go in for the kill brother.

I didn't want to change the topic or the political correct police would be all over me. This thread about Joe Flacco versus Carson Plamer. . I did answer that one in the stanford Routt thread if you must know my answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users