Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bauer77

Raiders Cut Cb Routt - Signs With Chiefs

91 posts in this topic

I was looking around the Other NFL Teams section, and i didn't see anything about this, so I figured I'd start it. Last year, the Raiders re-signed Stanford Routt to a 5 year $54 million dollar contract, with $20 million guaranteed. This was surprising to me, because i hadn't heard much about him. And now, just a few hours ago, they cut him.

I know it's the Raiders we are talking about, but still, its puzzling. He was only supposed to be paid $5 million this year.

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1328829894' post='990733']
I was looking around the Other NFL Teams section, and i didn't see anything about this, so I figured I'd start it. Last year, the Raiders re-signed Stanford Routt to a 5 year $54 million dollar contract, with $20 million guaranteed. This was surprising to me, because i hadn't heard much about him. And now, just a few hours ago, they cut him.

I know it's the Raiders we are talking about, but still, its puzzling. He was only supposed to be paid $5 million this year.
[/quote]

They're like $16 Million over the cap. Al Davis and Hue Jackson left them in a complete mess.

[quote name='Clutch Ravens' timestamp='1328830412' post='990738']

They're like $16 Million over the cap. Al Davis and Hue Jackson left them in a complete mess.
[/quote]

Yep, Reggie McKennzie is trying to rid the Raiders of the mistakes Davis made, though I have heard he may dangle McFadden as trade bait and that would be the stupidest thing to do but then again, I would love to see McFadden go elsewhere so his talent can actually be used right and not be wasted on a team like Oakland. I feel sorry for Carson for being there.

[quote name='Clutch Ravens' timestamp='1328830412' post='990738']

[/quote]

Yeah, i know they left them a mess. I just didn't think they were that much over the cap. I wouldn't be surprised to see players like Seymour (owed $15 million if i'm not mistaken) cut.

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1328830948' post='990748']

Yeah, i know they left them a mess. I just didn't think they were that much over the cap. I wouldn't be surprised to see players like Seymour (owed $15 million if i'm not mistaken) cut.
[/quote]

If Seymour is cut, I would love to pick him up and have him rotate on the defensive line.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1328831001' post='990751']

If Seymour is cut, I would love to pick him up and have him rotate on the defensive line.
[/quote]

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1328831001' post='990751']

[/quote]
This would be a dream come true. It would be so beneficial, not just because of the player. We could sign him without losing any compensatory picks we may acquire from lost free agents this year. I hope the Raiders are as inept as they have always been. They might just release him if they are.

I'll be the first to say it: Let's sign Routt!

Just kidding.

Now a team that may of thought about pursuing Webb might change their mind....excellent.....Mwhhahahahahahah

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1328831721' post='990764']
Now a team that may of thought about pursuing Webb might change their mind....excellent.....Mwhhahahahahahah
[/quote]

Um... they have no first round pick to give up and I'm pretty sure you can't give up a 2013 1st Round Pick for a player who is restricted this season and it has to be a first round pick in that year's draft.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1328832799' post='990776']

Um... they have no first round pick to give up and I'm pretty sure you can't give up a 2013 1st Round Pick for a player who is restricted this season and it has to be a first round pick in that year's draft.
[/quote]
I think he means that a team that would've given us a 1st round pick for Webb will pursue Routt instead of pursuing Webb. I think you are under the impression that the Raiders would pursue Webb with Routt gone, which I do not believe that is what he is saying.

[quote name='GrimCoconut' timestamp='1328835346' post='990790']
I think he means that a team that would've given us a 1st round pick for Webb will pursue Routt instead of pursuing Webb. I think you are under the impression that the Raiders would pursue Webb with Routt gone, which I do not believe that is what he is saying.
[/quote]

Oh, damn I read it wrong. Sorry Ravens<3. Well I have already read Routt has visits scheduled with the Titans and the Bills. It's interesting about the visit with the Titans, Cortland Finnegan is a Free Agent so maybe they won't re-sign him and Routt will replace him.

I obviously haven't watched a TON of Routt's career, but it did seem like every Raiders recap had a lot of him making plays.

[quote name='BloodRaven' timestamp='1328865805' post='991073']
Calling the Raiders a joke organization is an insult to joke organizations.
[/quote]

Well McKennzie is coming from Green Bay where they knew how to keep up with the salary cap and didn't over spend for players. So he is going to try to remove that from the Raiders and bring them back to being a well non joke of a team. All he is doing is getting rid of what Al Davis did with over paying players, which is a hell of a start for him.

Routt has also received interest from the Cowboys, Vikings and Chiefs, in addition to the Titans and Bills.

The real question is will we sign routt before or after we get Peyton manning and Vjax

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1328895366' post='991321']
The real question is will we sign routt before or after we get Peyton manning and Vjax
[/quote]

FIRST, we gotta sign Mark Clayton. And then we sign those 2, and then Routt.

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1328896961' post='991354']

FIRST, we gotta sign Mark Clayton. And then we sign those 2, and then Routt.
[/quote]
Don't forget Mario

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1328830890' post='990747']

Yep, Reggie McKennzie is trying to rid the Raiders of the mistakes Davis made, though I have heard he may dangle McFadden as trade bait and that would be the stupidest thing to do but then again, I would love to see McFadden go elsewhere so his talent can actually be used right and not be wasted on a team like Oakland. [b]I feel sorry for Carson for being there.[/b]
[/quote]
LOL, where have we heard that before?

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1328897579' post='991362']
Don't forget Mario
[/quote]

Ah yes. Almost forgot him, and we're gonna be able to lock Rice, Flacco, and Webb u long term too? Nice, we are made of money.

I add Calais Cambell to the list of Mario Williams, V Jax, Routt, and Manning. Oh! And I almost forgot... lets trade for Jake Long!

[quote name='T-ray' timestamp='1328902223' post='991446']
I add Calais Cambell to the list of Mario Williams, V Jax, Routt, and Manning. Oh! And I almost forgot... lets trade for Jake Long!
[/quote]
lets not get too carried away here. we dont need manning, lets just give up our first for arian foster and a contract that the texans cant live with so we have a great one too punch in RB. maybe add the texans center myers who is a FA seeing as though the rest of the texans are moving to Charm city

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1328902445' post='991453']
lets not get too carried away here. we dont need manning, lets just give up our first for arian foster and a contract that the texans cant live with so we have a great one too punch in RB. maybe add the texans center myers who is a FA seeing as though the rest of the texans are moving to Charm city
[/quote]

Oh yes, that actually sounds really good. Plus, lets trade next years first rounder for Calvin Johnson!!!

Any good defensive back will get snapped up.

Cowboys could certainly do with a new corner. He's from Austin, went to college in Houston so maybe he would have a preference, I don't know

If not them there are lots of other teams, Vikings an obvious one

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1328892129' post='991262']

Well McKennzie is coming from Green Bay where they knew how to keep up with the salary cap and didn't over spend for players. So he is going to try to remove that from the Raiders and bring them back to being a well non joke of a team. All he is doing is getting rid of what Al Davis did with over paying players, which is a hell of a start for him.

Routt has also received interest from the [b]Cowboys, Vikings and Chiefs, in addition to the Titans and Bills.[/b]
[/quote]

Im guessing these are the teams that are looking at CB help ie Ladarius Webb.

[quote name='T-ray' timestamp='1328902611' post='991460']

Oh yes, that actually sounds really good. Plus, lets trade next years first rounder for Calvin Johnson!!!
[/quote]

That sounds pretty good, actually.

[quote name='SideStep77' timestamp='1328898069' post='991374']
He'll be snatched pretty quickly. Everyone needs DBs
[/quote]

that's true!

~Mili

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1328830948' post='990748']

Yeah, i know they left them a mess. I just didn't think they were that much over the cap. I wouldn't be surprised to see players like Seymour (owed $15 million if i'm not mistaken) cut.[/quote]

Reggie Mckenzie says money will not be a problem this year with regards to the cap. ( Raiders are loaded with youth on both sides of the ball. Outside of C Palmer most of their offense talent 25 and younger. ( Yea L Davis really left this franchise in bad shape- not) Actually lookm,at a depth chart.

Richard Seymour will be back with the Raiders as of last friday his salary is guaranteed.

Raiders don't have a first and second round pick in this draft and will be a big player in freeagency. Look for them to get one big name player in free agency.

Stanford routt was released because Raiders didn't want to pay big money to a man on man CB when they will be playing alot more zone next year.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1328830890' post='990747']

Yep, Reggie McKennzie is trying to rid the Raiders of the mistakes Davis made, though I have heard he may dangle McFadden as trade bait and that would be the stupidest thing to do but then again, I would love to see McFadden go elsewhere so his talent can actually be used right and not be wasted on a team like Oakland. I feel sorry for Carson for being there.[/quote]

Here is the raiders offense Two stud Rbs 23 Taiwan Jones and 24 Darren Mcfadden 26 starting FB Marcel Reece Their top 4 Wrs 23 Denarius moore, Jacoby Ford 24 , 24 DHB, and 24 Louis Murphy . LOaded at TE K Boss 28. David ausberry 24 and R Gordon 24 A Young Oline that could look like this 24 LT Jared Veldheer- a stud LT. LG Joe Barksdale 23 C Samon Satele 27(fits zone blocking scheme) RG Stefan wisniewski 22( another stud) RT Bruce Campbell 23

Easy a top ten passer in Carson Palmer .
Thats not evcen counting T Pryor 22 6'5 235 4.38 who could be a weaponm at aloty of positions.

ThisRaiders offense has a chance to be one of the most explosive offense in the game and for a while as they are incredible young.

[quote name='SpearSrai' timestamp='1329055799' post='992482']Carson Palmer hasn't been a top ten passer since he blew out his knee in the AFC playoffs.[/quote]

C Palmer will be easy one next year .(there is nothing wrong with his arm) Probably top five. Let see with no training camp and not knowing anyone on offense. HE was a 61% percent passer with a ridiculous 8.4 per pass average (tied for third with eli Manning and that was without darren Mcfadden and Jacoby Ford)

Without a doubt Carson Palmer is one of the best Qb to have every wore a Raider uniform. Throws a deep pass as well as any Qb in the game. This Raider offense going to be explosive.

BTw If Raiders do move Mcfadden look for M lynch to be in Oakland. The local boy is dieing to come home and play for the Raiders.