Ravens at Texans      Roster      Game Rewind   

Photo

Raiders Cut Cb Routt - Signs With Chiefs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#1 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

I was looking around the Other NFL Teams section, and i didn't see anything about this, so I figured I'd start it. Last year, the Raiders re-signed Stanford Routt to a 5 year $54 million dollar contract, with $20 million guaranteed. This was surprising to me, because i hadn't heard much about him. And now, just a few hours ago, they cut him.

I know it's the Raiders we are talking about, but still, its puzzling. He was only supposed to be paid $5 million this year.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#2 Clutch Ravens

Clutch Ravens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

I was looking around the Other NFL Teams section, and i didn't see anything about this, so I figured I'd start it. Last year, the Raiders re-signed Stanford Routt to a 5 year $54 million dollar contract, with $20 million guaranteed. This was surprising to me, because i hadn't heard much about him. And now, just a few hours ago, they cut him.

I know it's the Raiders we are talking about, but still, its puzzling. He was only supposed to be paid $5 million this year.

They're like $16 Million over the cap. Al Davis and Hue Jackson left them in a complete mess.
2013 BR.com Mock Draft: Arizona Cardinals
#7 Overall - Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
#38 Overall - Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
#94 Overall - Corey Lemonier, OLB, Auburn
#113 Overall - E.J. Manuel, QB, FSU
#144 Overall - Joseph Randle, RB, OSU
#178 Overall - Jordan Mills, OT/G, Louisiana Tech
#218 Overall - Greg Reid, CB, FSU
#224 Overall - Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas

#3 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,175 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

They're like $16 Million over the cap. Al Davis and Hue Jackson left them in a complete mess.

Yep, Reggie McKennzie is trying to rid the Raiders of the mistakes Davis made, though I have heard he may dangle McFadden as trade bait and that would be the stupidest thing to do but then again, I would love to see McFadden go elsewhere so his talent can actually be used right and not be wasted on a team like Oakland. I feel sorry for Carson for being there.

Edited by JO_75, 09 February 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#4 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

Yeah, i know they left them a mess. I just didn't think they were that much over the cap. I wouldn't be surprised to see players like Seymour (owed $15 million if i'm not mistaken) cut.

nb4yyq.jpg
Twitter

#5 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,175 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, i know they left them a mess. I just didn't think they were that much over the cap. I wouldn't be surprised to see players like Seymour (owed $15 million if i'm not mistaken) cut.

If Seymour is cut, I would love to pick him up and have him rotate on the defensive line.

#6 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,016 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

If Seymour is cut, I would love to pick him up and have him rotate on the defensive line.

This would be a dream come true. It would be so beneficial, not just because of the player. We could sign him without losing any compensatory picks we may acquire from lost free agents this year. I hope the Raiders are as inept as they have always been. They might just release him if they are.

I'll be the first to say it: Let's sign Routt!

Just kidding.

#7 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,015 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

Now a team that may of thought about pursuing Webb might change their mind....excellent.....Mwhhahahahahahah

#8 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,175 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

Now a team that may of thought about pursuing Webb might change their mind....excellent.....Mwhhahahahahahah

Um... they have no first round pick to give up and I'm pretty sure you can't give up a 2013 1st Round Pick for a player who is restricted this season and it has to be a first round pick in that year's draft.

#9 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,016 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Um... they have no first round pick to give up and I'm pretty sure you can't give up a 2013 1st Round Pick for a player who is restricted this season and it has to be a first round pick in that year's draft.

I think he means that a team that would've given us a 1st round pick for Webb will pursue Routt instead of pursuing Webb. I think you are under the impression that the Raiders would pursue Webb with Routt gone, which I do not believe that is what he is saying.

#10 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,175 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

I think he means that a team that would've given us a 1st round pick for Webb will pursue Routt instead of pursuing Webb. I think you are under the impression that the Raiders would pursue Webb with Routt gone, which I do not believe that is what he is saying.

Oh, damn I read it wrong. Sorry Ravens<3. Well I have already read Routt has visits scheduled with the Titans and the Bills. It's interesting about the visit with the Titans, Cortland Finnegan is a Free Agent so maybe they won't re-sign him and Routt will replace him.

#11 SpearSrai

SpearSrai

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:19 AM

I obviously haven't watched a TON of Routt's career, but it did seem like every Raiders recap had a lot of him making plays.

#12 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:23 AM

Calling the Raiders a joke organization is an insult to joke organizations.

#13 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,175 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

Calling the Raiders a joke organization is an insult to joke organizations.

Well McKennzie is coming from Green Bay where they knew how to keep up with the salary cap and didn't over spend for players. So he is going to try to remove that from the Raiders and bring them back to being a well non joke of a team. All he is doing is getting rid of what Al Davis did with over paying players, which is a hell of a start for him.

Routt has also received interest from the Cowboys, Vikings and Chiefs, in addition to the Titans and Bills.

#14 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,903 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

The real question is will we sign routt before or after we get Peyton manning and Vjax
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#15 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

The real question is will we sign routt before or after we get Peyton manning and Vjax

FIRST, we gotta sign Mark Clayton. And then we sign those 2, and then Routt.

nb4yyq.jpg
Twitter

#16 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,903 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

FIRST, we gotta sign Mark Clayton. And then we sign those 2, and then Routt.

Don't forget Mario
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#17 SideStep77

SideStep77

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

He'll be snatched pretty quickly. Everyone needs DBs
#82 #15 Maryland Pride. Go Terps. Go Ravens.
SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!

#18 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

Yep, Reggie McKennzie is trying to rid the Raiders of the mistakes Davis made, though I have heard he may dangle McFadden as trade bait and that would be the stupidest thing to do but then again, I would love to see McFadden go elsewhere so his talent can actually be used right and not be wasted on a team like Oakland. I feel sorry for Carson for being there.

LOL, where have we heard that before?

#19 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

Don't forget Mario

Ah yes. Almost forgot him, and we're gonna be able to lock Rice, Flacco, and Webb u long term too? Nice, we are made of money.

nb4yyq.jpg
Twitter

#20 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

I add Calais Cambell to the list of Mario Williams, V Jax, Routt, and Manning. Oh! And I almost forgot... lets trade for Jake Long!
Mount Ravensmore, 2013 version: Matt Elam, Arthur Brown, and Brandon Williams.