IMissMattStover

Calling All Metal Fans

527 posts in this topic

CursonaPirate and I realized that we were consuming the music thread with our metal tirades, and that was more of a hip-hoppish thread, so this is a thread solely for those who appreciate the art of loud metal music and rediculous guitar riffs.

Hello you were calling?

lol this thread is gonna be up forever with us too around. Now we can see how many others on this forum besides us are metal heads.

Where are the devil horns?

musik13.gif

Haha. Thats an awesome emoticon thingy. I know that at least PARavensGirl is a metal fan. SO anyway, Im definitley gonna check out Iron Maiden. I love Rush, So I gotta try Maiden. Right now Im listening to In The Middle from Dokken Breaking the Chain.

Haha. Thats an awesome emoticon thingy. I know that at least PARavensGirl is a metal fan. SO anyway, Im definitley gonna check out Iron Maiden. I love Rush, So I gotta try Maiden. Right now Im listening to In The Middle from Dokken Breaking the Chain.

good one! The other day i saw someone with a Dokken shirt and i screamed "into the fire" at him and he laughed.

I really love Dream Warriors it was the first song i heard from them, also the music video is pretty cool.

My favorite metal video has to be "Smokin' in the Boy's Room" by Motley Crue. The video is hilarious!

Edited by cursona pirate

good one! The other day i saw someone with a Dokken shirt and i screamed "into the fire" at him and he laughed.

I really love Dream Warriors it was the first song i heard from them, also the music video is pretty cool.

Yeah? Thats great! The wierdest shirt Ive ever seen was Stone Temple Pilots....I thought they were pretty obscure. and im not really into grunge except for Pearl Jam. I need to see some Dokken videos. Ever listen to any Ratt?

Yeah? Thats great! The wierdest shirt Ive ever seen was Stone Temple Pilots....I thought they were pretty obscure. and im not really into grunge except for Pearl Jam. I need to see some Dokken videos. Ever listen to any Ratt?

Yes i have heard a couple of there songs. I have out of the cellar. Round and Round is always playing on the radio up here.

Yes i have heard a couple of there songs. I have out of the cellar. Round and Round is always playing on the radio up here.

Lucky! The station down here is terrible about playing metal. They like to focus on the Stones, Who, Beatles, Zep, and some of the poppier stuff like journey and Phil C.

Lucky! The station down here is terrible about playing metal. They like to focus on the Stones, Who, Beatles, Zep, and some of the poppier stuff like journey and Phil C.

we got mostly every popular new rock song and sometimes a 80's song. I usually listen to the boneyard on XM radio. They play everything from UFO to DIO to Anthrax. Very wide variety.

we got mostly every popular new rock song and sometimes a 80's song. I usually listen to the boneyard on XM radio. They play everything from UFO to DIO to Anthrax. Very wide variety.

Anthrax? lol thats way to extreme for the guys down here. Im going to bed..peace, see all you punks in the morn. Holy crap, Google is following this thread.

Anthrax? lol thats way to extreme for the guys down here. Im going to bed..peace, see all you punks in the morn. Holy crap, Google is following this thread.

Im hitting the hay too since their is farms up here. Google really?

Im hitting the hay too since their is farms up here. Google really?

Yeah, at the bottom of the screen where it shows who is viewing the page it said Google. It was in gray, not purple, and you couldnt click on it, so it for sure was not a username.

Yeah, at the bottom of the screen where it shows who is viewing the page it said Google. It was in gray, not purple, and you couldnt click on it, so it for sure was not a username.

Yea google is always lurking around here

I met the guy with the Dokken shirt again. I screamed "into the Fire" again to him.

I have been singing there songs all day! Also been listening to Crue too. "Smokin' in the boys room" is so funny!

I met the guy with the Dokken shirt again. I screamed "into the Fire" again to him.

I have been singing there songs all day! Also been listening to Crue too. "Smokin' in the boys room" is so funny!

Haha most of these bands aren't even metal. Ratt, Crue, Dokken are glam, which is really hard rock. wink.png

Edited by hawkprey

It is lol. The video is so rediculous that it is hilarious. I love the way the teacher is a [slur deleted] or something. Listen to their song Sumthin' For Nuthin' from Girls,Girls,Girls album. It was never a big hit, but it is an amazing song.

Haha most of these bands aren't even metal. Ratt, Crue, Dokken are glam, which is really hard rock. wink.png

They are called Glam-Metal bro, get with it. Its the earlier form of metal, not screamo crap.

It is lol. The video is so rediculous that it is hilarious. I love the way the teacher is a [slur deleted] or something. Listen to their song Sumthin' For Nuthin' from Girls,Girls,Girls album. It was never a big hit, but it is an amazing song.

yeah that is a great song! I have all their albums. My father has seen them live a couple times. Once in Las vegas.

They are called Glam-Metal bro, get with it. Its the earlier form of metal, not screamo crap.

Meh, questionable. I'd say it's a misnomer. Not here to do debating though. Just here to rock the screamo crap apparently!

, not screamo crap.

Whoa... Easy killer there are quite a few really good screamo bands

I am???? :lol: Damn right I am...

here's my .mp3 playlist. I take it to the gym with me but I listen to it lots outside the gym too:

5FDP--American Capitalist

Tyr--Flames of the Free

Tyr--Hold the Heathen Hammer High

Amon Amrth--Twilight of the Thunder God

5FDP--Under and Over It

Amon Amarth--Guardians of Asgard

Slayer--Skeleton Christ

5FDP--The Pride

Dethklok--Laser Cannon Deth Sentence

Amon Amarth--Live Without Regret

Tyr--Fields of the Fallen

5FDP--Back for More

Dethklok--the Duncan Hills coffee jingle :D

yeah that is a great song! I have all their albums. My father has seen them live a couple times. Once in Las vegas.

He is a lucky man. Thats on my list of things to do before I or they die.

I am???? laugh.png Damn right I am...

here's my .mp3 playlist. I take it to the gym with me but I listen to it lots outside the gym too:

5FDP--American Capitalist

Tyr--Flames of the Free

Tyr--Hold the Heathen Hammer High

Amon Amrth--Twilight of the Thunder God

5FDP--Under and Over It

Amon Amarth--Guardians of Asgard

Slayer--Skeleton Christ

5FDP--The Pride

Dethklok--Laser Cannon Deth Sentence

Amon Amarth--Live Without Regret

Tyr--Fields of the Fallen

5FDP--Back for More

Dethklok--the Duncan Hills coffee jingle biggrin.png

Im seeing a theme of Nordic religion in some of these songs :) Twilight of the thunder god, guardians of asgard, fields of the fallen. I need to check out some of these groups.

Im seeing a theme of Nordic religion in some of these songs smile.png Twilight of the thunder god, guardians of asgard, fields of the fallen. I need to check out some of these groups.

biggrin.pngThere's a reason for that and so we're not in violation of the CoC *looking around furtively for the ninjamod*, feel free to drop me a PM.

Yeah I tend to latch on to a few absolute favorite bands and listen to nothing else, as if you couldn't tell. smile.png

Edited by PARavensgirl

I'm a major 80's metal head. Been in countless bands, and have seen countless bands live.

Cursona, I believe you said you started getting into Iron Maiden. i've seen them 4 or 5 times, one of the best bands out there to see live. They put on an amazing show. First saw them back in '84 on the Power Slave tour.

Saw Metallica with Cliff Burton on bass during the Master of Puppets tour.

Megadeth is pretty awesome live also.

Always remember......Up the Irons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooooooooooooh Cliff. That man was a virtuoso!!!!

I listened to Metallica non-stop on the anniversary of his death last year (which I believe was the 25th).

Ooooooooooooooh Cliff. That man was a virtuoso!!!!

I listened to Metallica non-stop on the anniversary of his death last year (which I believe was the 25th).

Absolutely. I never had any idea of how good he was until I started playing bass. The man was truly amazing.

RIP Cliff