Ravens at Bengals      Pro Bowl Voting      #RavensPumpkin      Game Rewind   

Photo

Ravens Could Play Patriots Twice Next Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,134 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

Currently, the Patriots are scheduled to visit the Ravens in Baltimore next season by virtue of the scheduling formula; both teams finished first in their divisions, so #1 plays #1, #2 plays #2, etc.

However, a second meeting could conceivably occur in the playoffs.

Therefore, I want the Patriots to win the Super Bowl so that the Ravens can potentially lay claim to defeating the defending Super Bowl Champions twice in one season, next year.

The Ravens' themes from season-to-season have been overcoming the hurdles of the previous year. Next year's theme will be all about finishing the job. What better way to finish the job than to embarass the champions during their title defense?

What better way to win a second Super Bowl than to knock off the defending champions?

Posted Image

#2 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

Just think....The possibility of playing the Patriots twice and the Steelers three times next season...it sends shivers!

#3 Crawford_T1

Crawford_T1

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

I agree with the comment Above would rather play the Pats in M&T then play the steelers twie not both twice there both amazing football teams

#4 OriolesMagicPlease

OriolesMagicPlease

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

I want the Patriots to get their butts kicked by the Giants. That is the only thing that will make me feel just a little, tiny bit better about this devastating loss. :(
May the schwartz be with you!

#5 JohnJohnson

JohnJohnson

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

Nope, I don't want them to win. I can't stand the Patriots, and I can't stand the fact that we let them into the Super Bowl. I hope they lose in heart breaking fashion and the Giants can talk about how they own them. Tom Brady is overrated against good defenses, and I have tons more respect for Eli Manning. He's tougher and cooler.

#6 AmericanSatire

AmericanSatire

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

I really like the way our schedule worked out this year.

We can beat the Patriots, Giants, Broncos, Texans, Chargers, Redskins and the Eagles...

...All I can say is, we had the team that could've went 19-0; but didn't. As long as we can keep a great amount of those pieces in place, add some better depth during the draft. We could have that same team again.

So, we can layeth the smacketh down, and sweep our division? (And I only mention the Broncos so that way Suggs can rub it in Bayless' face!) That would be super sweet!

#7 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,798 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

I hate Brady. I'd rather beat them twice, and then beat the defending champs NYG for our second trophy.
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#8 PWNEDbyDEANO

PWNEDbyDEANO

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

Currently, the Patriots are scheduled to visit the Ravens in Baltimore next season by virtue of the scheduling formula; both teams finished first in their divisions, so #1 plays #1, #2 plays #2, etc.

Therefore, I want the Patriots to win the Super Bowl so that the Ravens can potentially lay claim to defeating the defending Super Bowl Champions twice in one season, next year.

The Ravens' themes from season-to-season have been overcoming the hurdles of the previous year. Next year's theme will be all about finishing the job. What better way to finish the job than to embarass the champions during their title defense?

What better way to win a second Super Bowl than to knock off the defending champions?

If I had to chose between beating a non-champion Steeler team three times or a defending champion Patriot team twice en route to a Super Bowl victory then I would choose beating the Steelers three times. Just so that there can be no debate that we are the big boys in our division.

Of course there is the possibility that both could happen, which would be awesome.

#9 reediddy

reediddy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

Just think....The possibility of playing the Patriots twice and the Steelers three times next season...it sends shivers!

Haha that'll be a great year!

410 to 858

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS 2012-13

63W + 11TD + 0INT + 1SB + 1SBMVP = ELITE

#10 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,444 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

We have to have them come to us in playoffs.
Its to fishy there in NE
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#11 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,208 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

I want the giants to win. I always vote for the team for the NFC if the Ravens aren't in it with few exceptions.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#12 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

We can potentially play the Giants twice next year too so why not them?

#13 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,134 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

We can potentially play the Giants twice next year too so why not them?

I don't want a Ravens-Giants Super Bowl. Didn't even want it this year.

For personal reasons, I've always wanted a Ravens-Packers Super Bowl because my best friend is a lifelong Packers fan. We always root for each other's teams.

If I can't have Ravens-Packers, I want a Harbaugh Super Bowl in the Ravens-Niners.

Posted Image

#14 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

Lets be honest, the PATS dont scare me one bit. and they are finally coming to play at the Bank this time.

#15 Corvus

Corvus

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

I would just rather see the Giants destroy them, then we beat Giants and Patriots in the regular season next year. Much better than seeing the Patriots win it all...

#16 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,787 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

Well regardless the outcome, we have a shot at beating the Super Bowl champions be it the Patriots or Giants.

All I know regarding the Patriots.... Ravens MUST beat the Patriots in the regular season to give us hope of having the better seed in the AFC, in which case could very well be the # 1 Seed. Also, I want the Patriots to come to Baltimore TWICE so let's make sure that happens.

#17 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

In the words of Ray Lewis ...

"You in the house of the champs, you come take what they got."

#18 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,317 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

Since I REALLY could care less who wins the super bowl, I hope the Pats win cause I am pretty convinced we now have their number and we can beat them home or away.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#19 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

I want the Patriots to get their butts kicked by the Giants. That is the only thing that will make me feel just a little, tiny bit better about this devastating loss. Posted Image

I'm sorry but I can't get over how the refs clearly gave the game to the Cheatriots. I'm all for them losing by a blowout, even though I really don't like the Giants. I hope Brady gets sacked repeatedly and loses miserably. The anger that they brought up in me will take weeks to pass. It's similar to betting your paycheck on a fighter only to have him take a dive in the 1st round. You know that sometimes sports are fixed but you feel helpless when the refs give the game away.

Edited by CapoRocky, 25 January 2012 - 07:07 PM.

Super Bowl Champions 01/28/01 and 02/03/13!

#20 RavenBall

RavenBall

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

I want the Pats in a blow out in the Super Bowl.
You have no idea what having to listen to NY sports radio is like. The Giants players I could care less about, but the fans are too obnoxious. It's borderline absurd now.

They are on such a great run but still are not happy. They call in and just complain, complain, complain. They have that NY Yankees entitlement syndrome as it is and if they win another Super Bowl they will have it even more. Giant fans are the perfect example of that saying "You are walking around with a Ham under each arm and complaining you've got no bread"!
What about Lions fans? They'd give their souls just to see their team "Play" in a Super Bowl, while the Giants fans whine that they are not acknowledged in the same breath as the Cowboys, Patriots, Steelers & 49ers... the other multiple SB winners.
Can never root for them under any circumstances. If it was Giants-Steelers I'd go in the backyard and watch the grass grow instead.

And...if the Pats win, it only proves that the Ravens were the best team in the NFL in 2012 cause everyone knows we out played them but two fluke plays kept us from getting a chance to destroy the Giants again in another SuperBowl.