Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

K-Dog

Spell Check

27 posts in this topic

I dont known how this stuff works but I use FireFox as my browser, and that automaticly spell checks every thing on every web site I visit. Spelling errors are indacated with a red squiggley line.

It USED to work on this site but now it doesnt and this is the only site it doesnt work. It is something with this site causeing FireFox not to spell check or is it something on my end ?

I am having the same problem--thought it was just me lol I'm dyslexic and live and die with spell check.

It has to do with text being received in a different format. Firefox does not recognize these windows as text fields. I have a few feature upgrades/fixes I am going to request at some point in the coming weeks, and this is one of them.

[quote name='Moderator 6' timestamp='1327456312' post='972024']
It has to do with text being received in a different format. Firefox does not recognize these windows as text fields. I have a few feature upgrades/fixes I am going to request at some point in the coming weeks, and this is one of them.
[/quote]

Hmmmm It seems it worked here a few weeks ago......

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1327457867' post='972057']

Hmmmm It seems it worked here a few weeks ago......
[/quote]
Yes, it was for me too. It may have been an upgrade by IP.Board, the company who manages the technology side of this board.

[quote name='Moderator 6' timestamp='1327458055' post='972064']
Yes, it was for me too. It may have been an upgrade by IP.Board, the company who manages the technology side of this board.
[/quote]

gotcha'
thanks for looking into it.

It's been working for me starting yesterday. Invision thinks there is a java app on this site interfering with it.

Then there is your answer Arnie. We had it in FireFox and it went away after an update

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1332187282' post='1028071']
Then there is your answer Arnie. We had it in FireFox and it went away after an update
[/quote]
aw sorry i thought you meant it not working anymore was only an issue on firefox, meaning it still worked on the rest, apologies

[quote name='Moderator 2' timestamp='1332167516' post='1027499']
I think FireFox was the only issue
[/quote]

Yup. Still not werking.
:(

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1332550320' post='1032923']

Yup. Still not werking.
[img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png[/img]
[/quote]
For some reason it started working for me, I've been nuts without it since I am dyslexic and hate that I maybe spelling things wrong. I used to get friends to proof read stuff in college but no one is going to proof all my posts lol

guemnfav
Nope.
Could it possibly be on my end ? I mean it works every where but here.
Odd.

This seems to be working better since the upgrade. Anyone else?

Whats the difference between firefox and internet explorer? do you just download firefox or what?

gsdnfeirf

Nope still not working for me :(

( unless gsdnfeirf is some how a word )

[quote name='arnie_uk' timestamp='1333570002' post='1042290']
Whats the difference between firefox and internet explorer? do you just download firefox or what?
[/quote]

Computer geeks whom I respect tell me its better and safer. I have not been on IE for a few years so I dont know about the better part any more, but I know I like Firefox a lot.

yes, you simply downlaod it for free.

This is [url="http://download.cnet.com/mozilla-firefox/"]about Fire Fox[/url] and other browsers

Okay great.
It started working last night.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay