Photo

What Does The Schedule Look Like For Next Year?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#21 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:17 AM

Neither the AFC West or the NFC East scare me.

#22 christopherousjones

christopherousjones

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:23 AM

Atlest we get the pats in baltimore for a change. Hopefully we give Brady something to remember us by.
Hue Jackson for OC!

#23 Npane171

Npane171

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:00 AM

It does look like a tough schedule.

But we are going to have a new offense. Joe will be unleashed. Torrey will be even better. New additions from our young receivers who didn't see much time. An already great secondary getting even better.

Bring it on! Bring it on. The window isn't closing guys...it's just starting to open.

#24 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,718 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:08 AM

Some think it looks tough, some think it looks easy, but when you get down to it there's really no way to know. Bad teams rise from the ashes and make playoff runs, it happens every year. No way to know which conference is going to be good and which one will be bad.

#25 DMH_in_WA

DMH_in_WA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:15 AM

But we are going to have a new offense. Joe will be unleashed. Torrey will be even better. New additions from our young receivers who didn't see much time. An already great secondary getting even better.

Bring it on! Bring it on. The window isn't closing guys...it's just starting to open.

This. After this game, Joe has earned the right to be unleashed. This offense has earned the right to play to win, not just to "not screw up". Can you imagine a Ravens team where the offense fully holds up its end of things. Oh man ... Next season is too far away.

OzzieTrust.jpg

#26 Npane171

Npane171

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:44 AM

This. After this game, Joe has earned the right to be unleashed. This offense has earned the right to play to win, not just to "not screw up". Can you imagine a Ravens team where the offense fully holds up its end of things. Oh man ... Next season is too far away.

You're right...way too far away. But, at least I can actually do something constructive in my life on Sundays now. Lol.

Guess what? It's going to happen, pal. Our offense is going to be dynamic next year. Our defense will return to it's glory as usual. Man, with play-calling that actually capitalizes on most of the turn overs we get. Shew.

#27 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

It's certainly harder than this year's schedule, but as long as we win the division we should be fine. Hopefully we get a bye.

The good thing about hard schedules. Tie breakers.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#28 scrock

scrock

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

Every year teams rise and fall off, the Ravens have been steady and we will win some games we didnt expect to win, or we will lose some we didn think we would..every year is its own year

The Ravens are a good team and they are so close, but every year is different

Posted Image

"Those who hate most fervently must have once loved deeply; those who want to deny the world must have once embraced what they now set on fire"

#29 gotekiraven

gotekiraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

3 of the teams we face next season finished this season with a wining record Steelers, Bengals,Giants
4 teams we will face finshed the season 8-8 Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, Eagles

So we we play 6 teams who had losing records Now of course bad teams can become good from one season to the next. Take Detroit for example. I believe if our offense production is improved, we should be in good shape to make another playoff run.

#30 dirtybird10

dirtybird10

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

http://www.baltimore..._Opponents.aspx

That's who we play and where. "When" will be decided sometime in April.

Man what does it take to get the Chargers at home??? Good lord its been every season we get stuck going all the way out to San Diego.

#31 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,007 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

Man what does it take to get the Chargers at home??? Good lord its been every season we get stuck going all the way out to San Diego.

As long as we get them in September or October I'll be happy. I'd rather face them before they get on a hot streak.

#32 tsizzle95

tsizzle95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

want some revenge on the chargers and pats
Posted Image

#33 Kwothdaraven

Kwothdaraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

Lets remember, going into this season we had the second easiest schedule in the league and it turned out being one of the hardest schedules and we did great.

So, just because it looks tough now, doesent mean it will actually be. We get the pats at home, the giants and chargers are bad regular season teams, cowboys are decent at best, steelers will be even older...I think that schedule looks favorable. At the very least 11-5 but could easily be 14-2 if cam is gone

#34 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,662 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

Sorry .. but that schedule doesn't scare me. Seriously, who on there scares you? Only teams that worry me right now are the Texans and 49ers 'cause they play a whole lot like us and we don't play them alot. Cowboys? Eagles? Giants? Redskins? Chiefs? Raiders? Broncos? Oh yea, bring that on all day.

Giants scare me and the cowboys can ball at times. Also the Eagles could be good with all the talent they have and we don't match up well at all against the chargers.

#35 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

Giants scare me and the cowboys can ball at times. Also the Eagles could be good with all the talent they have and we don't match up well at all against the chargers.

NFC east could be tricky. Such an up and down division. It'll be nice to smash the redskins.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#36 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,662 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

It'll be nice to smash the redskins.

haha hell yeah, never gets old

#37 UMDan

UMDan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:01 PM

Sorry .. but that schedule doesn't scare me. Seriously, who on there scares you? Only teams that worry me right now are the Texans and 49ers 'cause they play a whole lot like us and we don't play them alot. Cowboys? Eagles? Giants? Redskins? Chiefs? Raiders? Broncos? Oh yea, bring that on all day.

I agree. This schedule doesn't scare me. We got the best possible breakdown of home/away games in the NFC East since DC and Philly are so close. I think our fans will travel well (I'm at least going to try to go to the Skins game) and we won't have to travel far which is always nice. Dallas at home and NYG (the best team in that division) at home is good for us. As far as the AFC West goes, nobody there scares me, and I also think we got a good breakdown of home/away games there. Denver is a difficult place to play because of the altitude and KC is very loud. I just hope we get San Diego in September or October. (Seriously.) And I'd rather have the Patriots at home and the Texans on the road. I don't think the schedule could be much better. Next year could be our year.

#38 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,007 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

Does this Schedule scare me? A little but not much.
AFC North: We went 6-0 in our division this past season and I expect Pittsburgh to come back and want to beat us next year so I expect a split and maybe a split with the Bengals so at most we'll be 4-2 in the Division, if we sweep the Bengals we'll be 5-1.

NFC East: Only team that scares me is the Giants, luckily we get them at home. We went 3-1 against the NFC East in 2008 under Harbaugh. Dallas is Dallas, and for all we know Jason Garrett could still be icing his own Kicker next season. Plus we beat them in their house, next year they come to Baltimore. We beat the Eagles and Redskins in 2008 and there is no reason why we can't do it again.

AFC West: This is the weakest division in the AFC. The Denver Tebows don't scare me, plus Denver comes to Baltimore so that will be a big benefit. Oakland is Oakland, even though Carson Palmer always plays well against us, I'm only worried about the Chiefs Defense, and like I said, if we get the Chargers in September/October, I'm not afraid of them but if we get them in December again, then we may end up losing.

Patriots: Due to the Patriots and Ravens finishing 1st in their divisions, they play each other next season. First time New England has come back to Baltimore since the dreaded 2007 MNF game. We had them beat yesterday but Lee Evans just couldn't hold on. This should be a great game.

Texans: We beat them with Schaub and with Yates as QB, we have never loss to the Texans ever. I expect them to be improved next year and for this to be a good game.

Overall: I still say as of now anywhere between 11-5 and 13-3.

#39 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,007 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Just looked at the Steelers Schedule... the only thing different is that they play the Titans and Jets since the Steelers, Jets and Titans all finished second in their divisions. Jets Travel to Pittsburgh, and Steelers travel to Tennessee. Also Chargers go to Pittsburgh, while we once again go to San Diego. Also Pittsburgh travels back to Denver while we get Denver at home. They go to Dallas and the Giants while we get Dallas and the Giants at home. They get Eagles at home and we travel to Philly, they get Washington at home and we travel to Washington. Ravens & Steelers both go to Oakland, both get the Chiefs at home.

Edited by JO_75, 23 January 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#40 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

Does this Schedule scare me? A little but not much.
AFC North: We went 6-0 in our division this past season and I expect Pittsburgh to come back and want to beat us next year so I expect a split and maybe a split with the Bengals so at most we'll be 4-2 in the Division, if we sweep the Bengals we'll be 5-1.

NFC East: Only team that scares me is the Giants, luckily we get them at home. We went 3-1 against the NFC East in 2008 under Harbaugh. Dallas is Dallas, and for all we know Jason Garrett could still be icing his own Kicker next season. Plus we beat them in their house, next year they come to Baltimore. We beat the Eagles and Redskins in 2008 and there is no reason why we can't do it again.

AFC West: This is the weakest division in the AFC. The Denver Tebows don't scare me, plus Denver comes to Baltimore so that will be a big benefit. Oakland is Oakland, even though Carson Palmer always plays well against us, I'm only worried about the Chiefs Defense, and like I said, if we get the Chargers in September/October, I'm not afraid of them but if we get them in December again, then we may end up losing.

Patriots: Due to the Patriots and Ravens finishing 1st in their divisions, they play each other next season. First time New England has come back to Baltimore since the dreaded 2007 MNF game. We had them beat yesterday but Lee Evans just couldn't hold on. This should be a great game.

Texans: We beat them with Schaub and with Yates as QB, we have never loss to the Texans ever. I expect them to be improved next year and for this to be a good game.

Overall: I still say as of now anywhere between 11-5 and 13-3.

This is ALL a very useless assumption... we don't even know the make up of any teams next year, much less our own. You're really reaching, acting as if you already know whats going to happen. Speculation, it doesn't have much value.