• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Admin 5

AFC Championship - Baltimore Ravens At New England Patriots

3,199 posts in this topic

[b]AFC Championship Game[/b]
[b]Baltimore Ravens (13-4) at New England Patriots (14-3)[/b]
[b]Sunday, January 22, 3:00 PM EST[/b]
[b]Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, Massachusetts[/b]

[b]TV:[/b] WJZ (CBS) (Ch. 13)
[b]TV Crew:[/b] Jim Nantz (play-by-play), Phil Simms (analyst)
[b]Radio:[/b] Westwood One, WBAL Radio (1090 AM), 98 Rock (97.9 FM), SIRIUS: 92 (Bal.), 88 (WW1). XM: 225 (Bal.), 88 (WW1).
[b]Local Radio Crew:[/b] Gerry Sandusky (play-by-play), Stan White (analyst), Qadry Ismail (analyst)
[b]Ravens Jersey Color:[/b] White
[b]Referee Crew:[/b] Al Riveron

[b]LISTEN LIVE to the WBAL radio game broadcast and follow the game with LIVE tweets, stats, photos, info and more on [color=#4B0082][b][url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Gameday/Games/Season_2011/Post_Season/Conference.aspx"]Ravens Gameday[/url][/b][/color]. Stay tuned to the Gameday page to WATCH live-streaming video of the John Harbaugh and player post-game press conferences.[/b]

Note: Fans can also post comments directly on the [u][url="http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Gameday/Games/Season_2011/Post_Season/Conference.aspx"]Gameday page[/url][/u]. All the comments from this forum will be pulled directly into that page as well.

[i]Please disable your user signature when you post in this Game Thread forum.[/i]

"'When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in — you carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose.'" -Brian Billick, 1/7/01

[img]http://www.arcauniversal.com/lazer/noticias/imagens/principal_55.jpg[/img]

[b]They’ve told us that we are underdogs. David vs. Goliath. We can’t score enough points. We can’t stop Tom Brady. We are old and slow. Our QB can't get it done. BUT WE ARE THE RAVENS!!! We are Relentless! Full of Heart! We will bring down the Mighty!!!! We know no boundaries! We play 60 minutes of hard-nose football. We sweat with passion while we bring blood and pain. [/b]

[img]http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tom+Brady+Ray+Lewis+Baltimore+Ravens+v+New+4b80NFBVPuPl.jpg[/img]

This pool is meant for winners! Not saps with accolades! We are more phyiscal! More Complete! We are the better team! We will not get beat!

[img]http://static.igossip.com/photos_2/may_2011/small_tom_brady_waterslide.jpg[/img]

[size=5][b]We are going to bring it!! GO RAVENS![/b][/size]

[img]http://www.ravensgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/0111stsuggs-a.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Purple Nurple' timestamp='1327074189' post='959906']
LOL, at Pu (this space reserved). Shameless!

GO RAVENS!!!!
[/quote]

I've been doing pretty good this year posting first. The only time we lost is when Ferrari fan deleted my first post. Then he fixed it later on. I'm superstitious. Haven't washed my Ravens Super Bowl shirt I've been wearing under my work clothes the past two weeks. Haven't shaved. Right now I'm a dirty, hairy superstitious Ravens freak.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1327074571' post='959911']

I've been doing pretty good this year posting first. The only time we lost is when Ferrari fan deleted my first post. Then he fixed it later on. I'm superstitious. Haven't washed my Ravens Super Bowl shirt I've been wearing under my work clothes all week. Haven't shaved. Right now I'm a dirty, hairy superstitious Ravens freak.
[/quote]
Ew. I like it!

I hate the start time for this game. I could not ask off for yet another Sunday and I usually get home around 4 pm. :(

There is a slight chance that I might not have to work Sunday but it is unlikely.

I will sneak in peeks at work as much as I can for the first half but I will be home by halftime definitely!

[quote name='PWNEDbyDEANO' timestamp='1327078323' post='959991']
How long have you been refreshing the page waiting for this thread to appear so you could hit us with that post Pu?
[/quote]

Really not as much as you think. I did have that post qued up in a word doc. Last week the thread went live at around noon on Friday. I saw Admin 5 pop on this morning and I knew he/she was updating the gamethread. Once I saw that and that there were no lurkers, I knew I was golden.

[quote name='ravensdfan' timestamp='1327078525' post='959994']
I hate the start time for this game. I could not ask off for yet another Sunday and I usually get home around 4 pm. [img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png[/img]

There is a slight chance that I might not have to work Sunday but it is unlikely.

I will sneak in peeks at work as much as I can for the first half but I will be home by halftime definitely!
[/quote]

You have to find a way out of it. You can't work on this Sunday, don't they know that? I'm ready for this game but at the same time, I'm enjoying the ride. I would really like two more weeks of actual Ravens football talk. Not what needs to be done in the offseason.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1327078817' post='960005']

You have to find a way out of it. You can't work on this Sunday, don't they know that? I'm ready for this game but at the same time, I'm enjoying the ride. I would really like two more weeks of actual Ravens football talk. Not what needs to be done in the offseason.
[/quote]

I live in Steeler country. Trust me they have no sympathy for my plight lol

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1327074571' post='959911']

I've been doing pretty good this year posting first. The only time we lost is when Ferrari fan deleted my first post. Then he fixed it later on. I'm superstitious. Haven't washed my Ravens Super Bowl shirt I've been wearing under my work clothes the past two weeks. Haven't shaved. Right now I'm a dirty, hairy superstitious Ravens freak.
[/quote]
i have not washed my ed reed jersey i got for christmas. Its undfeated so far! Also im going to wear the same clothes i wore last Sunday.. yes everything..didn't wash them. Go Ravens!

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1327078817' post='960005']

[/quote]
offseason i tend to not go on here often. 2 more weeks would be nice and we can brag for a year.. lol

I think we need to run the ball with Ray Rice and Ricky but Joe will have plenty of times to throw, guys need to step up and make some plays for him. On defense they need to pressure Brady and make it tough, you probably cant shut them down completely but if we can control them to a point we can win.

It's really them against the world, no one believes they can do it.

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1327099076' post='960524']
Almost that time boys n girls. Gotta shut them up this weekend
[/quote]

This time in 48 hours we'll know if we are Super Bowl bound or not. 48 hours!

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1327102671' post='960586']

This time in 48 hours we'll know if we are Super Bowl bound or not. 48 hours!
[/quote]

That's insane to think about!!

[img]http://troll.me/images/bert/mind-blown.jpg[/img]

Can't wait for this game! Will be up in Foxboro! Got a ticket last minute! Leaving tomorrow morning. Can't wait to yell OH as loud as I can during the national anthem.

Been a while, but I'm going "girly" and Twisted Teas were just purchased!

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....cant wait!!!!!!

The wait time is killing me!!
We'll be having some Pats [i]friends[/i] over to watch the game. Seriously, every Pats fan I've talked to is 100% confident they will destroy us and put up like 50 points on our D. I just give them a wide smile (and the middle finger) and I'll have some crow ready, served up for dinner after the game [img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img]

tonight might be the last time i sleep! I am so anxious for this game! I have a great feeling! Let's go Ravens! Show the world!

I can't wait. At least this week I don't have to purposely kill time to avoid the pregame show...the Capitals play at 12:30...perfect timing leading up to this 3:00 game! Sunday will either be REALLY bad or REALLY amazing.

All of the AFC cringes as the Patriots make yet another run at the Super Bowl, watching their offense with the fear that they might rebuild the dynasty and leave the conference in the dust. Their hope lies with the physical, head-hunting team from Baltimore. It was New England's wish that the two powerhouses of the North - the Ravens and the Steelers - would meet in Baltimore leaving the victorious team battered and bruised and the Patriots with the easy pickings of the broken-down winner. Instead, the matchup never happened, and Patriots will be the ones headed for an AFC North-style slaughter. That is, if their prolific offense doesn't make a mockery of the most feared defense like it's done to teams all season.

Games like this are why I'm a Ravens fan.

These 'Geeks' got quite a few things wrong up there! Ravens are 1-0 not 0-1 PS in FoxB; We're 10-6 in post season overall, not 9-6; 3-2 @home not 1-2; 6-4 road, not 7-4. Who are these guys?? That's just the blatantly easy to check items, what else is not correct up there?? I need a job & wouldn't make such mistakes! Who can I talk to?!?!

Oh yeah. Got reserved seats on the patio looking out on the Gulf of Mexico during the game. Paradise and and a Ravens win! Life is good, boys. :)

Go take whats left of Bradys manhood!!!!!!!!