Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmypowder

If We Play New England...

70 posts in this topic

Now that it looks like Tebow time is coming to an end ,it worries
me that if we win and go to New England they will be extremely fresh
as this is a joke of a game at halftime and New England isn't even breaking
a sweat . I think this is why some Ravens fans wanted the Squeelers to advance
and then two physical teams could beat up each other .

This is like a exhibition game for New England ,ugh !

Ehh. Our defense is way better than Denver's. So is our offense. Still concerned, but it'll be closer than this, for sure.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1326596121' post='947771']Ehh. Our defense is way better than Denver's. So is our offense. Still concerned, but it'll be closer than this, for sure.[/quote]

I agree but man will New England be fresh for the AFC Championship game .

[quote name='jimmypowder' timestamp='1326595982' post='947765']
Now that it looks like Tebow time is coming to an end ,it worries
me that if we win and go to New England they will be extremely fresh
as this is a joke of a game at halftime and New England isn't even breaking
a sweat . I think this is why some Ravens fans wanted the Squeelers to advance
and then two physical teams could beat up each other .

This is like a exhibition game for New England ,ugh !
[/quote]
Our offense will be able to move the ball on their defense though, especially with our stretch zone runs. Running around Wilfork on their edges will be our best bet, powers and stretches. Plus Im not sold on their secondary, Arrington led the league in INTs but I think he's average at best. Biggest problem will be covering Gronkowski and Hernandez.

[quote name='jimmypowder' timestamp='1326596202' post='947776']
I agree but man will New England be fresh for the AFC Championship game .
[/quote]

Not entirely fresh. They did still play today.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1326596272' post='947780']
Our offense will be able to move the ball on their defense though, especially with our stretch zone runs. Running around Wilfork on their edges will be our best bet, powers and stretches. Plus Im not sold on their secondary, Arrington led the league in INTs but I think he's average at best. Biggest problem will be covering Gronkowski and Hernandez.
[/quote]

I think we can attack Wilfork too though. Remember that TD run Rice had in 09? Right up the gut, right at Wilfork. But agreed. We can tear them up off-tackle and on the outside.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1326596121' post='947771']
Ehh. Our defense is way better than Denver's. So is our offense. Still concerned, but it'll be closer than this, for sure.
[/quote]

I really blame the OFFENSIVE Play calling for the PATS success. Man its horrid. Really reminds me of CAM in a way. Because its so Obvious, the play calling is putting them in 3 n longs (because all they do is run it then run it for 1 yd to 2 yds for the most part) which isnt working, plus even when they Try and run it on 3rd and long, they arent doing anything with it , except for i think 2 times, where they got about an average of 14 yds on 3rd and long running it.

Its sad that we wont have homefield, man all we had to do is beat the CHARGERS or SEAHAWKS. And we would have had homefield.

I'd use Paul Kruger to cover that Gronkowski dude. Kruger, a former QB, has some safety cover skills with good size and tackling ability. What do you think?

Let's focus on the Texans first...

Houston is a much tougher opponent than Denver, a shame that Cincy didn't win last week.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1326596809' post='947816']Let's focus on the Texans first...

Houston is a much tougher opponent than Denver, a shame that Cincy didn't win last week.[/quote]

Yeah I would have loved to play Denver at home.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1326596272' post='947780']
[b]Our offense will be able to move the ball on their defense though, especially with our stretch zone runs.[/b] Running around Wilfork on their edges will be our best bet, powers and stretches. Plus Im not sold on their secondary, Arrington led the league in INTs but I think he's average at best. Biggest problem will be covering Gronkowski and Hernandez.
[/quote]

Your right, New England is ranked 1st or 2nd in giving up deep balls that are 30 yards plus yards or more, I hope Cam knows this because everyone else does. What really worries me more than anything and this goes for i guess the whole season is Cam letting of the gas when we get a lead, it could be a 3 point lead and he will act like we are up by 20 plus points. I know our D would take care of them, more than likely but like i said , we cant change the gameplan because of a lead.

Cam Cameron should watch and rewatch the Division play off game against the STEALERS last yr. I think everyone that is a RAVENS or that is on the RAVENS staff should watch it 1 to 2 times for motivation alone.

[quote name='PeRK82' timestamp='1326596653' post='947808']
Its sad that we wont have homefield, man all we had to do is beat the CHARGERS or SEAHAWKS. And we would have had homefield.
[/quote]

Actually if we had beaten the Seahawks we still would have been the 2nd seed due to the conference tie-breaker. And honestly, the loss I'd point to first would be the Jaguars loss anyway.

[quote name='PeRK82' timestamp='1326596947' post='947823']

Your right, New England is ranked 1st or 2nd in giving up deep balls that are 30 yards plus yards or more, I hope Cam knows this because everyone else does. What really worries me more than anything and this goes for i guess the whole season is Cam letting of the gas when we get a lead, it could be a 3 point lead and he will act like we are up by 20 plus points. I know our D would take care of them, more than likely but like i said , we cant change the gameplan because of a lead.

Cam Cameron should watch and rewatch the Division play off game against the STEALERS last yr. I think everyone that is a RAVENS or that is on the RAVENS staff should watch it 1 to 2 times for motivation alone.
[/quote]

[quote name='stan' timestamp='1326596748' post='947811']
I'd use Paul Kruger to cover that Gronkowski dude. Kruger, a former QB, has some safety cover skills with good size and tackling ability. What do you think?
[/quote]

I'd rather not. He's good in zone coverage, but he doesn't have the speed and agility to play in man coverage, especially against Gronk.

[quote name='stan' timestamp='1326596748' post='947811']
[/quote]

He has the size but is he fast enough and is he good in Coverage. Oh and no matter what J.Johnson should not be cover anyone ,let alone Gronk. He is horrible in Coverage. I honestly dont know who we put on him, cause it cant be a CB, they are just too short or just not enough meat on them. Man i know we have to still play the TEXANS but im getting nervous if we have to face the PATS. I know we beat them last time we played them in the play offs but that was in 09', they have more variety weapons now. Only good thing though is that their D isnt as good and our has done nothing but get better. Heck we have 2 TEs that are almost as good, maybe they are just as good. If they arnt , trust me, they soon will be.

Come on RAVENS, i have full Faith in you guys. It's our TIME, no one else's

[quote name='sflegend89' timestamp='1326597524' post='947860']
One game at a time. Let's get through Houston and then we can talk Pats
[/quote]
Right? This thread will look ridiculous if we lose tomorrow.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1326598801' post='947925']
[/quote]

Well, if we lose tomorrow, I don't think anyone is going to really care about how ridiculous this thread looks.

[/quote]

Not only that. But I can't even stomach thinking about anything other than the Texans game right now. I have nerves just worrying about tomorrow. My mind can't fathom life past Sunday afternoon.

if we can run the ball all game and melt the clock we keep brady off the field. Then if our dfence keeps brady from scoring to much then we win. I believe we can beat them. That is if we can run the ball.

[quote name='Fricknmaniac' timestamp='1326598919' post='947935']

Well, if we lose tomorrow, I don't think anyone is going to really care about how ridiculous this thread looks.
[/quote]
if we lose tomorrow i wont be on here for maybe an month. Some people will be crazy on here. I have a good feeling however for tomorrow.

If we play new England, Tom Brady will see a REAL NFL Defense and implode just like Drew Brees did when he faced the 49ers defense.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1326599708' post='947974']
If we play new England, Tom Brady will see a REAL NFL Defense and implode just like Drew Brees did when he faced the 49ers defense.
[/quote]

^ this

[font=comic sans ms,cursive](In his best Jim Mora voice):[/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]"Patriots?... Patriots!?... Don't talk about the Patriots!... You kidding me right now? Patriots?... I just hope we can beat the Texans."[/font]

Right? This thread will look ridiculous if we lose tomorrow.[/quote]

The topic reads " IF we play New England" .

The Ravens can play the Pats and win in Foxborough. This is the playoffs, and Suggs hates Brady with a passion. He's going to be out for blood like we've never seen him before. It happened two years ago and it will happen again. This team can hang with the Pats.