Ravens Schedule Coming Wednesday!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule on Wednesday, April 23rd at 8:00 pm ET.
Close

Photo

Josh Bynes Added To Active Roster

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#1 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,629 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

With McClain and Ayenbedejo questionable for Sunday's game the Ravens have added LB Josh Bynes to the active roster, cutting DT DJ Jones to make room.

Bynes kind of has a mini cult following on this board, I think alot of people were surprised he was outright cut and not put on the practice squad this year. Especially after his final game against Atlanta in preseason when he was extremely active.

http://profootballta...-active-roster/

#2 chesapeakeaviator

chesapeakeaviator

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

I thought he looked good and I'm glad to see this! He's the kind of guy who I think would make the most out of his PT.

BALL SO HARD

#3 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

Oh boy.. Here comes the "bynes herd"
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#4 ghost1986

ghost1986

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

Yeah if he's used I'm sure he would mainly be used on Special Teams if anything, but he definitely has potential. I liked what I saw from him in pre-season. Granted it was pre-season and up against mostly 2nd and 3rd string offenses, but he did show some promise. I think he's worth keeping and working with.
"Don't stop huntin'! Don't stop huntin'! Until you have him up on your wall!"-Ray Lewis to Terrell Suggs on hunting 49ers QB Alex Smith

#5 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,539 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

keep the kid this time!

~Mili

Militant X 1

mili1.png

"I AM THE RENEGADE.....I HAVE NO EQUALS!"

- MX1

#6 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,142 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

This might be our secret weapon that we have saved for the playoffs. Watch him be an absolute beast
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#7 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,521 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

Good too see Bynes back in the fold. Jameel or B.A. sitting out would mean more snaps for Ellerbe. Hope he stays on the field.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#8 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,128 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

I cant believe we ever dropped him in the first place
"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#9 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

I would definitely rather have Bynes rotating in at ILB over Albert McClellan. Nothing against McClellan, but since Bynes' natural position is ILB, id prefer to see him rotate with Ellerbe.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

-Detroit Lions GM-

#10 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,629 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

I would definitely rather have Bynes rotating in at ILB over Albert McClellan. Nothing against McClellan, but since Bynes' natural position is ILB, id prefer to see him rotate with Ellerbe.

Im inclined to agree but Bynes is a fairly small ILB, especially in a 34. He's listed at 239. McClellan is a solid 250 and has done an adequate job in the past filling in. If Bynes was just signed today to active roster he wont even know the game plan on defense.

#11 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,085 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

I wonder if Bynes hates this team for releasing him so many times or loves them for signing him so many times?

It's a business and the Ravens are always looking for young, fresh bodies. Welcome back, Bynes, hopefully you'll stick.
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#12 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

This might be our secret weapon that we have saved for the playoffs. Watch him be an absolute beast

I don't think we would've cut him so many times if he was a "secret weapon". That'd be like burying the nuclear football in Central Park and hoping no one finds it until it's time to blow someone up.

#13 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

What a disappointment BA has been. I doubt he's back next year. Him and McClain must be doubtful ....

#14 display name

display name

Ravenous Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

I like Josh Bynes and think he could become another legit Baltimore Ravens undrafted LB. On the other hand, right now he looks like the next Prescott Burgess. lol

Edited by display name, 14 January 2012 - 02:33 PM.

The Raven, on 03 January 2012 - 05:24 PM said:
"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

#15 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

What a disappointment BA has been. I doubt he's back next year. Him and McClain must be doubtful ....

Are you kidding? He's been a beast in coverage and he wasn't even playing defense last year.

#16 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,203 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

I have no problem with Bynes. Got played his heart out at the end of the preseason. I think he is a good jolt to special teams if needed. Ravens have a good history with UDFA Lbs.
Posted Image

#17 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,142 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

I don't think we would've cut him so many times if he was a "secret weapon". That'd be like burying the nuclear football in Central Park and hoping no one finds it until it's time to blow someone up.

Or it was just part of the plan...
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#18 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

Im inclined to agree but Bynes is a fairly small ILB, especially in a 34. He's listed at 239. McClellan is a solid 250 and has done an adequate job in the past filling in. If Bynes was just signed today to active roster he wont even know the game plan on defense.

You sure? He's been on the practice squad. He's been practicing. I think he might have a clue as to what the gameplan is.

#19 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,521 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

I like Josh Bynes and think he could become another legit Baltimore Ravens undrafted LB. On the other hand, right now he looks like the next Prescott Burgess. lol

I'd be happy if he became the next Burgess. He was a beast on special teams the previous two seasons.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#20 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

You have a point about his size, but I think between being on our active roster for a game or two this season, and spending much of the rest of his time on the practice squad, he should know a good bit of our defense.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

-Detroit Lions GM-