Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bltravens

Josh Bynes Added To Active Roster

51 posts in this topic

With McClain and Ayenbedejo questionable for Sunday's game the Ravens have added LB Josh Bynes to the active roster, cutting DT DJ Jones to make room.

Bynes kind of has a mini cult following on this board, I think alot of people were surprised he was outright cut and not put on the practice squad this year. Especially after his final game against Atlanta in preseason when he was extremely active.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/14/ravens-add-a-linebacker-to-the-active-roster/

Yeah if he's used I'm sure he would mainly be used on Special Teams if anything, but he definitely has potential. I liked what I saw from him in pre-season. Granted it was pre-season and up against mostly 2nd and 3rd string offenses, but he did show some promise. I think he's worth keeping and working with.

This might be our secret weapon that we have saved for the playoffs. Watch him be an absolute beast

Good too see Bynes back in the fold. Jameel or B.A. sitting out would mean more snaps for Ellerbe. Hope he stays on the field.

I would definitely rather have Bynes rotating in at ILB over Albert McClellan. Nothing against McClellan, but since Bynes' natural position is ILB, id prefer to see him rotate with Ellerbe.

[quote name='Free Agent' timestamp='1326566312' post='946704']
I would definitely rather have Bynes rotating in at ILB over Albert McClellan. Nothing against McClellan, but since Bynes' natural position is ILB, id prefer to see him rotate with Ellerbe.
[/quote]
Im inclined to agree but Bynes is a fairly small ILB, especially in a 34. He's listed at 239. McClellan is a solid 250 and has done an adequate job in the past filling in. If Bynes was just signed today to active roster he wont even know the game plan on defense.

I wonder if Bynes hates this team for releasing him so many times or loves them for signing him so many times?

It's a business and the Ravens are always looking for young, fresh bodies. Welcome back, Bynes, hopefully you'll stick.

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1326564676' post='946668']
This might be our secret weapon that we have saved for the playoffs. Watch him be an absolute beast
[/quote]
I don't think we would've cut him so many times if he was a "secret weapon". That'd be like burying the nuclear football in Central Park and hoping no one finds it until it's time to blow someone up.

What a disappointment BA has been. I doubt he's back next year. Him and McClain must be doubtful ....

I like Josh Bynes and think he could become another legit Baltimore Ravens undrafted LB. On the other hand, right now he looks like the next Prescott Burgess. lol

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1326569419' post='946735']
What a disappointment BA has been. I doubt he's back next year. Him and McClain must be doubtful ....
[/quote]
Are you kidding? He's been a beast in coverage and he wasn't even playing defense last year.

I have no problem with Bynes. Got played his heart out at the end of the preseason. I think he is a good jolt to special teams if needed. Ravens have a good history with UDFA Lbs.

[quote name='hawkprey' timestamp='1326568005' post='946723']
I don't think we would've cut him so many times if he was a "secret weapon". That'd be like burying the nuclear football in Central Park and hoping no one finds it until it's time to blow someone up.
[/quote]
Or it was just part of the plan...

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1326566763' post='946708']
Im inclined to agree but Bynes is a fairly small ILB, especially in a 34. He's listed at 239. McClellan is a solid 250 and has done an adequate job in the past filling in. [b]If Bynes was just signed today to active roster he wont even know the game plan on defense[/b].
[/quote]

You sure? He's been on the practice squad. He's been practicing. I think he might have a clue as to what the gameplan is.

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1326569555' post='946738']
I like Josh Bynes and think he could become another legit Baltimore Ravens undrafted LB. On the other hand, right now [b]he looks like the next Prescott Burgess.[/b] lol
[/quote]

I'd be happy if he became the next Burgess. He was a beast on special teams the previous two seasons.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1326566763' post='946708']
Im inclined to agree but Bynes is a fairly small ILB, especially in a 34. He's listed at 239. McClellan is a solid 250 and has done an adequate job in the past filling in. If Bynes was just signed today to active roster he wont even know the game plan on defense.
[/quote]
You have a point about his size, but I think between being on our active roster for a game or two this season, and spending much of the rest of his time on the practice squad, he should know a good bit of our defense.

[quote name='Free Agent' timestamp='1326572486' post='946792']

You have a point about his size, but I think between being on our active roster for a game or two this season, and spending much of the rest of his time on the practice squad, he should know a good bit of our defense.
[/quote]
Yea but the point was about the gameplan.. Juat cause u know the defensive scheme doesn't mean u know the gameplan

But at any rate.. He is just gonna be LB depth and A ST contributor...

[/quote]

Nah, Patrick Willis is listed at 240 if I'm not mistaken. Does one pound make a difference?

[quote name='Ravens<3' timestamp='1326571501' post='946778']
Or it was just part of the plan...
[/quote]
Maybe the plan was to make the Texans think that was the plan and gameplan for him, only to have him not play at all come game time and ruin their plans?

Or special teams.

[quote name='codizzle' timestamp='1326572766' post='946800']
Yea but the point was about the gameplan.. Juat cause u know the defensive scheme doesn't mean u know the gameplan

But at any rate.. He is just gonna be LB depth and A ST contributor...
[/quote]

Yea a guy that's coming in on a Saturday before a playoff game with basically no walthrough, isn't going to know the game plan by any means. If anything he sees some gunning time on ST. That's all.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1326572840' post='946801']

Nah, Patrick Willis is listed at 240 if I'm not mistaken. Does one pound make a difference?
[/quote]
Wow thats true. I didnt realize Willis was 240.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/player/patrickwillis/2495781/profile"]http://www.nfl.com/player/patrickwillis/2495781/profile[/url]

But yeah everyones right. IF Bynes gets into the action, it will be on special teams at this point.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1326571899' post='946781']

You sure? He's been on the practice squad. He's been practicing. I think he might have a clue as to what the gameplan is.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I mean on this particular game plan. He'll have an idea of the basic defenses and what not, but on the specific game plan.

[quote name='hawkprey' timestamp='1326572922' post='946803']
Maybe the plan was to make the Texans think that was the plan and gameplan for him, only to have him not play at all come game time and ruin their plans?

Or special teams.
[/quote]
Ozzie and Harbs know what theyre doing lmmao

[quote name='hawkprey' timestamp='1326569605' post='946740']

Are you kidding? He's been a beast in coverage and he wasn't even playing defense last year.
[/quote]

A beast? Are YOU kidding? He's been LOST in coverage.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1326563943' post='946651']
With McClain and Ayenbedejo questionable for Sunday's game the Ravens have added LB Josh Bynes to the active roster, cutting DT DJ Jones to make room.

Bynes kind of has a mini cult following on this board, I think alot of people were surprised he was outright cut and not put on the practice squad this year. Especially after his final game against Atlanta in preseason when he was extremely active.

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/14/ravens-add-a-linebacker-to-the-active-roster/"]http://profootballta...-active-roster/[/url]
[/quote]

So he is back again. Hope they keep him this time. They can't keep doing this to the kid.

Oh and im a big fan of him, I think he is better than a few guys on the active roster.

[quote name='PeRK82' timestamp='1326582888' post='947102']

So he is back again. Hope they keep him this time. They can't keep doing this to the kid.

Oh and im a big fan of him, I think he is better than a few guys on the active roster.
[/quote]

What has he done to make you think that?