Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FYF86

What Are You Listening To?

2,359 posts in this topic

Apologies if theres already a Thread like this, had a search but couldnt find one, if there is please close this!

Basically you let us know what Album/song/artist your listening to and hopefully it will introduce some new music to other members they might not have heard but would have an interest in.

For Example- Nickleback - Burn it to the Ground

I had done one of these threads before way back in high school. Basically, it's like a message board or chatroom version of what you'd do on Twitter with the #nowplaying hashtag where you tell people what you're listening to at that moment, whether it's a song or an album.

I agree, it's a nice way of introducing new music to people.

Only ground rules I would like to introduce:

- Refrain from double-posting when possible
- Newer members (less than 15 posts) are subject to have their posts deleted if they abuse this thread in an attempt to boost their post count
- Refrain from embedding YouTube links; instead, if you'd like to post them, make them clickable hyperlinks with a proper description (artist and song)

TFK Kutless n Relient K kinda day for me.. Bout to go to work so it'll prolly get a little heavier soon ha

A lot of old Kanye (Gone, The Glory, I Wonder, Champion, basically the whole Graduation album lol), Bon Iver, Pusha T, Imogen Heap and some Sinéad O'Connor

Common ft. Kanye West - "Southside" --> Absolutely love the production and old-school tag-team rapping verses.

I've been liking "Tonight is the Night" by Outasite. It's just now becoming popular on the radio's, glad to say I had it before it exploded :P

[quote name='Romo Ravens' timestamp='1325904718' post='936944']
A lot of old Kanye (Gone, The Glory, I Wonder, Champion, basically the whole Graduation album lol), Bon Iver, Pusha T, Imogen Heap and some Sinéad O'Connor
[/quote]

My first listen through Graduation was when I was in high school so I didn't really pay attention to those skits in the middle.

However, I gave it another listen through after I graduated and those skits are so hilariously accurate hahah

Give Ludacris' new mixtape, 1.21 Gigawatts, a good listen. Ludacris at his finest.

I've been getting into the electric/house/techno scene a little bit recently...it's kind of ironic because in music I usually prefer good lyricism and storytelling as opposed to just beats and sounds

The 3 albums I've been listening to the most so far this year is Common - The Dreamer/The Believer, Royce Da 5'9 - Success Is Certain and Pusha T - Fear of God 2: Let Us Pray.

Breaking Benjamin, mostly the older stuff but its all good. I feel like all I ever listen to anymore is them or talk radio.

Novel - "Makes You Happy" ([url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itm0IPTAnM8"]YouTube Link[/url])

One of my favorite indie R&B artists. The production by DJ Toomp (credits: T.I., Kanye West) surprisingly fits the lyrics and vocals well. With proper promotion, it could've been an R&B radio hit. Love the imagery in the lyrics.

I listen to metal.
So ive been listening to my all time favorite band Iron Maiden. I also been listening to judas priest lately as well.

Disturbed - "Glass Shatters" ([url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhnEEk2cUTg"]YouTube Link[/url])

Gets me ready to run full-speed through a brick wall every time.

[quote name='theFRANCHISE' timestamp='1326051666' post='938745']
Disturbed - "Glass Shatters" ([url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhnEEk2cUTg"]YouTube Link[/url])

Gets me ready to run full-speed through a brick wall every time.
[/quote]

uhm when you do that do you yell Kool Aids here ?

"[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBvngg87998"]Rigamortis[/url]" - Kendrick Lamar

I only just started listening to him last week, even though I've seen his name around for a good while. He's my new favorite MC.

Motley Crue, particularly the Shout at the Devil album. Also a lot of AC/DC: Backtracks album has some great live extras on it.

Was Going old school earlier this morning..
Stuff my dad and gpa always used to play
George jones and some Waylon

Mainly he stopped loving her today And a good year for the roses..

They don't make music like that anymore

I just put the AC/DC disc For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) onto my computer, and I am very impressed. Not surprising that it was a #1 on the US charts.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]At the moment, "Monsters" by Cruxshadows... one of the many songs that get me pumped for the Ravens games... Call em what you want, they have quite a few songs that jam.[/font]

[quote name='FYF86' timestamp='1326728730' post='953268']
Metallica- Nothing else matters

Incredible song.
[/quote]

I listened to that yesterday after I saw this. I am not a Metallica fan by an stretch, being much more into Glam Metal, but that song was pretty cool.

I'm bumping My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, the soundtrack for Drive and some Sarah McLachlan. My grandpa died a few days ago, so Angel and I Will Remember You mean a whole lot more to me now.

Lately I've been listening to From Autumn To Ashes and Chevelle. My default band is always Nine Inch Nails (favorite). Anyone heard Chevelle's new album yet? I hear it's good but haven't really had a chance to listen yet.

[quote name='TheRavenouseD2008' timestamp='1326045955' post='938590']
[b]Avaid Cohen [/b]has been one of my new faves he is out of Israel , Messhianic Electronica
[/quote]

Thank you so much!

[quote name='ninpiggy' timestamp='1327004110' post='958964']

Thank you so much!
[/quote]
no problem Also [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6ZkBiat9x0"]Maylene and the Sons of Disaster[/url] are good Rockabilly

I've been into Woe, Is Me recently. Sucks since their amazing singer left.... But still a great band.

album cover is my avatar.
I really love this album. Been listening to it non stop for 3 years now lol
Up the Irons!

[quote name='IMissMattStover' timestamp='1326728957' post='953273']
Motley Crue, particularly the Shout at the Devil album. Also a lot of AC/DC: Backtracks album has some great live extras on it.
[/quote]
shout at the devil is a good album! :)

[quote name='FYF86' timestamp='1326728730' post='953268']
Metallica- Nothing else matters

Incredible song.
[/quote]
black album.
Have you heard the orchestral version?

[quote name='sliceanddic3' timestamp='1327108520' post='960658']
I've been into Woe, Is Me recently. Sucks since their amazing singer left.... But still a great band.
[/quote]
Tyler carter... Met Woe, Is Me last summer. Cool guys. Real laid back and they put on an amazing show.. Really upbeat and on point

[quote name='TheRavenouseD2008' timestamp='1327008674' post='959101']

no problem Also [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6ZkBiat9x0"]Maylene and the Sons of Disaster[/url] are good Rockabilly
[/quote]
Love rocking some Maylene on occasion... Jut something about blasting their music when u got the banjos intro and then thy just throw down

[quote name='Passepartout' timestamp='1327116355' post='960773']
I Stop the World by a British band I can't remember!
[/quote]

I Stop the World? Do you mean "I Melt With You" by Modern English?

[quote name='cursona pirate' timestamp='1327112630' post='960713']
shout at the devil is a good album! [img]http://content.boards.baltimoreravens.com//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png[/img]
[/quote]

Yes it is. I also like Girls, Girls, Girls. The song Sumthin for Nuthin is probably my favorite song of theirs.

Deftones - Rocket Skates

I always use this song to get pumped up; the guitar riffs are just freakin awesome. Ready for tomorrow's game!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woR6ohiFeYE&ob=av2e[/media]