Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FYF86

What Are You Listening To?

2,359 posts in this topic

Apologies if theres already a Thread like this, had a search but couldnt find one, if there is please close this!

Basically you let us know what Album/song/artist your listening to and hopefully it will introduce some new music to other members they might not have heard but would have an interest in.

For Example- Nickleback - Burn it to the Ground

I had done one of these threads before way back in high school. Basically, it's like a message board or chatroom version of what you'd do on Twitter with the #nowplaying hashtag where you tell people what you're listening to at that moment, whether it's a song or an album.

I agree, it's a nice way of introducing new music to people.

Only ground rules I would like to introduce:

- Refrain from double-posting when possible
- Newer members (less than 15 posts) are subject to have their posts deleted if they abuse this thread in an attempt to boost their post count
- Refrain from embedding YouTube links; instead, if you'd like to post them, make them clickable hyperlinks with a proper description (artist and song)

TFK Kutless n Relient K kinda day for me.. Bout to go to work so it'll prolly get a little heavier soon ha

A lot of old Kanye (Gone, The Glory, I Wonder, Champion, basically the whole Graduation album lol), Bon Iver, Pusha T, Imogen Heap and some Sinéad O'Connor

Common ft. Kanye West - "Southside" --> Absolutely love the production and old-school tag-team rapping verses.

I've been liking "Tonight is the Night" by Outasite. It's just now becoming popular on the radio's, glad to say I had it before it exploded :P

[quote name='Romo Ravens' timestamp='1325904718' post='936944']
A lot of old Kanye (Gone, The Glory, I Wonder, Champion, basically the whole Graduation album lol), Bon Iver, Pusha T, Imogen Heap and some Sinéad O'Connor
[/quote]

My first listen through Graduation was when I was in high school so I didn't really pay attention to those skits in the middle.

However, I gave it another listen through after I graduated and those skits are so hilariously accurate hahah

Give Ludacris' new mixtape, 1.21 Gigawatts, a good listen. Ludacris at his finest.

I've been getting into the electric/house/techno scene a little bit recently...it's kind of ironic because in music I usually prefer good lyricism and storytelling as opposed to just beats and sounds

The 3 albums I've been listening to the most so far this year is Common - The Dreamer/The Believer, Royce Da 5'9 - Success Is Certain and Pusha T - Fear of God 2: Let Us Pray.

Breaking Benjamin, mostly the older stuff but its all good. I feel like all I ever listen to anymore is them or talk radio.

Novel - "Makes You Happy" ([url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itm0IPTAnM8"]YouTube Link[/url])

One of my favorite indie R&B artists. The production by DJ Toomp (credits: T.I., Kanye West) surprisingly fits the lyrics and vocals well. With proper promotion, it could've been an R&B radio hit. Love the imagery in the lyrics.

I listen to metal.
So ive been listening to my all time favorite band Iron Maiden. I also been listening to judas priest lately as well.

Disturbed - "Glass Shatters" ([url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhnEEk2cUTg"]YouTube Link[/url])

Gets me ready to run full-speed through a brick wall every time.

[quote name='theFRANCHISE' timestamp='1326051666' post='938745']
Disturbed - "Glass Shatters" ([url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhnEEk2cUTg"]YouTube Link[/url])

Gets me ready to run full-speed through a brick wall every time.
[/quote]

uhm when you do that do you yell Kool Aids here ?

"[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBvngg87998"]Rigamortis[/url]" - Kendrick Lamar

I only just started listening to him last week, even though I've seen his name around for a good while. He's my new favorite MC.