Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

Hate This Joe Needs "emotion" Thing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#21 RivenHale

RivenHale

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

You're mistaking correlation for causation. Breesy is not an elite quarterback BECAUSE he runs down the sidelines screaming "WHO DAT!" He's an elite quarterback because he is smart, makes good decisions, accurate, those sorts of things. I could care less about the look on Joe's face. As for the person who said he just dumbly mopes on the sideline after an interception, check out the look on Manning's face when he does something stupid. (Seriously, check it out. It's kind of hilarious.)

I need Joe to show the traits of an elite quarterback. He could spend the entire game with duct tape over his mouth if he could communicate the plays with sign language. I wouldn't care.

#22 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:03 AM

When Cam Cameron has to have his say in every play-call, it's kind of tough to run a no-huddle offense.

as a result, Cam is/was controlled freak.......he's gone after this year regardless of the result of this year........
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#23 Guest_caraven_*

Guest_caraven_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:32 AM

Joe is kinda like a Eli Manning who is pretty flat,pretty lackzidazicle.You need a QB that is like a cheerleader who rallies the troops.Thats the sign of a great leader.Peyton Manning is a field general.We need a field general

#24 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:05 AM

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

This is the only reason I'm glad I came into this thread.

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#25 TheRavenouseD2008

TheRavenouseD2008

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:07 AM

Joe is kinda like a Eli Manning who is pretty flat,pretty lackzidazicle.You need a QB that is like a cheerleader who rallies the troops.Thats the sign of a great leader.Peyton Manning is a field general.We need a field general

you mean like Tebow?

" We weren't supposed to have a winning season, but we do. We

weren't supposed to advance to the playoffs, but we did. We're not

supposed to be here, but we are." Grant Taylor " Facing the

Giants"   (reminds me of us last year and maybe this year as well)

#26 EnVy_CaLiBeR

EnVy_CaLiBeR

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

you mean like Tebow?

I'd love for Joe to have Tebow's personality. Tebow may not have the spot on mechanics as a quarterback but he's natural leader.

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream.."-- EAP

Posted Image

#27 atljbo

atljbo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:17 AM

I agree and disagree with this...

You cant completely suck and be a fiery guy and that makes u a great leader.... I do think a Offense needs their QB to show emotions... Sometimes you need your QB to get in a guy face (Even Eli does that) .

Tebow is the perfect example... The guy may be the most inaccurate guy ive seen... But his guys know he will give him 100% and the guy presence make his team mates believe even when the guy look bad.

I wont say a cheerleader or a rara guy... ill say all the great QB's have a Presence about themselves... They can pickup guys when they are having a rough game especially in a close game

rsz_1bagye6qcyaaavuw.jpg

#28 Dfence4champs2052

Dfence4champs2052

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

Because Joe does (or tries to do, sometimes) his job with a straight face, people take it as him not caring about the game.

I dislike it, too. Every athlete competes in a different way and has their own style. Steve McNair did his work quietly, for example.

EDIT: Just adding on, every suggestion that Flacco needs to show more fire or "doesn't care" also comes with the preface "I see, I think, etc". Also, people are only judging by what the cameras show - how do we know what happens on a Wednesday practice or what he's saying in the huddle, on the sidelines, or in the locker room? A lot of it is based off of a 3-second cut-away.

Well he showed nothing at the open practice either. Just a point. I don't want to see emotion per se...just more intensity. I don't want him jumping up and down and flipping his hair (lol @ that brady reference from earlier this week) but I want to see him look more intense and active at the LOS calling out protections, making adjustments, and setting and resetting to determine where the blitz is. Everything "elite" QBs in the league actually do.
<p>Posted Image
SIG COURTESY OF BALTIMOREFLACCO!

IT IS A CRIME RAY LEWIS HAS NOT BEEN BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!

#29 SuRihtanil

SuRihtanil

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

I don't care about the screaming, I don't want someone screaming in my face all pissed off at me... you might get punched. Joe just needs to get better and people will get off his back, he has a huge monkey on his back because he breaks under pressure of having the game put on his back, and people are now seeing that.

#30 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,524 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

I don't care about the screaming, I don't want someone screaming in my face all pissed off at me... you might get punched. Joe just needs to get better and people will get off his back, he has a huge monkey on his back because he breaks under pressure of having the game put on his back, and people are now seeing that.

Now seeing that? Those questions have lingered around Joe from his rookie season. Even when he's had moments where he put the team on his back, the next time he and the offense have crumbled, those questions have been asked in full force.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#31 Guest_ArmyRaven52_*

Guest_ArmyRaven52_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:05 PM

The "ra-ra" stuff may be insignificant to some, but back when he was in Carolina I loved watching Jake Delhomme. He was never the most physically gifted but he was fiery and emotional and it rubbed off on his team.

And for those that says it is not needed or what have you or it does not matter if it comes out on Sunday as long as it is there on every toher day, that could not be more wrong in my opinion, the most important day in football is Sunday, if you are going to bring it bring it then.

All I know is Ray gets his guys fired up, he seems to have a twinge of emotion to his game, and there are several others if you think it is an isolated thing. now this is where I have to add "just sayin...."

#32 Mick0311

Mick0311

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

Now seeing that? Those questions have lingered around Joe from his rookie season. Even when he's had moments where he put the team on his back, the next time he and the offense have crumbled, those questions have been asked in full force.

Look, I still think he is our guy, and a project. but honestly, how many times has he put the team on his back? Twice? Three times over four seasons? The only one I can remember where his play lead to a win was the pass to Housch in Pitt. I'll still cheer for the guy, but I am starting to have my doubts. Just being honest.

Edited by Mick0311, 26 October 2011 - 03:19 PM.

#33 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

he needs to look more focused when running the hurry up offense. jesus that was extremely slow for a hurry up
"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#34 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

he needs to look more focused when running the hurry up offense. jesus that was extremely slow for a hurry up

Yeah and it certainly didnt help to have to wait for Cam to make the play call before every play... Posted Image

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

-Detroit Lions GM-

#35 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,541 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

This is the part I have a problem with. If Joe's leash has been cut (as per Oz) then he should be the one stepping up and telling Cam no this it what I want to run. It is his "O" to take charge of, when people look for Joe to show more emotions I don't think anybody is asking him to scream at anyone. I would more like to see him directing lineman and helping identify thing's the might miss, like when we see a reciver pointing out a corner looking to blitz off the edge. Very seldom do I see Joe going over pictures of defences formation on the sideline, very seldom do I see him talking with his Recivers after a 3 and outs (now maybe I'm missing it but I really do look for it during games) or an interception, these IMO are very important tools for a QB to use for in game adjustments.

Cam well this is no surprise to any of us....this is an on going issue from years pass. I think he over schemes thing's and makes way to many plays for our rookies and Joe to take in for a short season, hence the play clocks abuse from Joe. Oz and Harbs both said (in public) this is Joe's O to take charge of, well all I'm asking for is HE lead this squad don't just be a part of it LEAD IT!! He takes the snap he knows where the players are going, read the D and make your play, speak up if you don't like what you see change it and run it.

The point is that Joe did not abuse the play clock. Cam was calling in plays, one at a time no less. You could clearly see Joe looking to the sidelines in frustration and beyond ticked when we were forced to waste a time out because Cam couldn't get the play in. Cam abused the play clock by refusing to allow his 4th year QB to call his own plays in a hurry up offense.

I would say that if Oz isn't blowing smoke up our butts with the "leash is cut" stuff then Cam either didn't get the memo or filed it in the circular file. I believe it is the former because if the leash had been cut and this was Joe's offense, then it would not have been only Harbs & Cam going over every offensive snap. Joe would have been in there as well to say what he thought went wrong and voice his opinions on how to fix things.

Edited by ravensdfan, 26 October 2011 - 03:58 PM.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#36 3-4ravdef509

3-4ravdef509

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

I'm the biggest Flacco apologist in the world....and let me start by saying the o-line did nothing and the receivers could NOT get open...
To me the problem is Cam, but the solution is Flacco. He needs to step up. Tell Cam to make an adjustment, or do it yourself. Get in the huddle, and just call your own plays. Go no huddle if you have to. Don't let Cam lose the game for us. It's not all Flacco's fault when you go play by play, but when you look at the big picture, he should have been a leader and lobbied for a change, or better yet he should have been the change. I'm still supporting him, because all in all he didn't lose us that game and he's played much better than he did two nights ago...but I'm waiting to see Flacco step up.

#37 ball hawkin 20

ball hawkin 20

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

I'm the biggest Flacco apologist in the world....and let me start by saying the o-line did nothing and the receivers could NOT get open...
To me the problem is Cam, but the solution is Flacco. He needs to step up. Tell Cam to make an adjustment, or do it yourself. Get in the huddle, and just call your own plays. Go no huddle if you have to. Don't let Cam lose the game for us. It's not all Flacco's fault when you go play by play, but when you look at the big picture, he should have been a leader and lobbied for a change, or better yet he should have been the change. I'm still supporting him, because all in all he didn't lose us that game and he's played much better than he did two nights ago...but I'm waiting to see Flacco step up.

This.

He needs to disconnect the ear peice and be a man
FIRE CAM CAMERON = REED GETS A RING
"We were ballin' so hard" - Suggs

Posted Image

#38 3-4ravdef509

3-4ravdef509

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:10 PM

A bit more brash than I put it, but yes in a manner of speeking.

#39 wayne

wayne

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

I hate the " Joe not showing up when we need him " type of deal, not trying to be the bad guy but you are actually hating how people says he doesn't show any emotions off of the games he has had? I know Cam has a lot to do with it but Joe needs to show up rather he looks happy, sad, angry, etc.......

#40 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,115 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

If a cheerleader is what people want in a QB, then the Vikings and Raiders would've solved their most recent QB quandries by having their head cheerleader take snaps.

Emotion does not mean leadership. You can be too emotional and still be a bad leader. Conversely, you can be quiet as a mouse and be a great leader.

The point is to execute, not to clap your hands and yell after every play. Ryan Leaf was pretty fired-up in his day. If we're judging leadership by emotion, then he should've been a pretty great leader.

Posted Image