Ravens at Saints      Pro Bowl Ballot      Game Rewind   

Photo

Hate This Joe Needs "emotion" Thing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 Ravens>Steelers

Ravens>Steelers

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:57 PM

I really hate how people are saying that Joe needs to be screaming in the faces of people saying how Brady and Manning will do it and it somehow fixes the problem and the defense gets scared when they see those guys yelling? Like are you serious? Is the defense made up of little kids who get scared of someone yelling? Get real.Just cause the guy is monotone does not mean that he doesn't care if they lose. Everyone that suits up on Sunday (or Monday) wants to win. Stop thinking like the only way players can get inspired is if they get yelled at in their face. These are adults here. I seriously doubt anyone likes getting yelled at in their face when they know they are not playing well.

#2 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,605 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:05 PM

Because Joe does (or tries to do, sometimes) his job with a straight face, people take it as him not caring about the game.

I dislike it, too. Every athlete competes in a different way and has their own style. Steve McNair did his work quietly, for example.

EDIT: Just adding on, every suggestion that Flacco needs to show more fire or "doesn't care" also comes with the preface "I see, I think, etc". Also, people are only judging by what the cameras show - how do we know what happens on a Wednesday practice or what he's saying in the huddle, on the sidelines, or in the locker room? A lot of it is based off of a 3-second cut-away.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#3 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#4 BMORE HIGH

BMORE HIGH

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

Who want Joe screaming in other people faces when there not doing well? Joe is the main person on the team that needs to step up. He hasn't took control of the offense yet & been in this system for way too long to not have it down by now. I wish he would of speak up & put the blame on himself in loses even if that's not the case. Your QB has to take control of the offense in this league to win a SB. Joe going around yelling is out of character for him anyway.

Posted Image

"The bottom line is you got to buckle up your chin straps....it's a MANS GAME!"

#5 Thepurplehaze

Thepurplehaze

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:14 PM

The only noticeable 'emotion' I'd say that's troubling is the dumbfounded look he gets when things are awry.

#6 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:19 PM

The only noticeable 'emotion' I'd say that's troubling is the dumbfounded look he gets when things are awry.

He always carries that look it seems. Head hanging & that mopy look. The scowl is starting to irritate me as he looks so disinterested in the game. I never see him talking to anyone, except for maybe Cam and even then he still looks depressed.

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

I absolutely chuckled at this post.

#7 wizard1

wizard1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:22 PM

Because Joe does (or tries to do, sometimes) his job with a straight face, people take it as him not caring about the game.

I dislike it, too. Every athlete competes in a different way and has their own style. Steve McNair did his work quietly, for example.

EDIT: Just adding on, every suggestion that Flacco needs to show more fire or "doesn't care" also comes with the preface "I see, I think, etc". Also, people are only judging by what the cameras show - how do we know what happens on a Wednesday practice or what he's saying in the huddle, on the sidelines, or in the locker room? A lot of it is based off of a 3-second cut-away.

Yeah I loved his inner fiery competitiveness in the way he was running up to the line of scrimmage during the 2 minute drill. What a firebrand.

#8 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,605 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:24 PM

Yeah I loved his inner fiery competitiveness in the way he was running up to the line of scrimmage during the 2 minute drill. What a firebrand.

When Cam Cameron has to have his say in every play-call, it's kind of tough to run a no-huddle offense.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#9 PurpleCorsair

PurpleCorsair

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

He always carries that look it seems. Head hanging & that mopy look. The scowl is starting to irritate me as he looks so disinterested in the game. I never see him talking to anyone, except for maybe Cam and even then he still looks depressed.

You'd be depressed too if your OC was Cam Cameron.

#10 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,637 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:30 PM

When Cam Cameron has to have his say in every play-call, it's kind of tough to run a no-huddle offense.

true!!

~Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"Hunt!  Hunt!  Hunt!  Keep Hunting!  Until You Put'em on Your Wall!"

- Ray Lewis

#11 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,605 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

true!!

~Mili

This is just an aside, don't mean anything by quoting you, Mili: I still think he got that snap off before the 2:00 warning, in the first half. I was looking at the clock very closely and I think they got it off. Another bad call by the refs? I think so, but what's done is done. Of course, it's not like they would have done anything with it. The offense stank.
a9skd1.jpg

#12 Ravenglenn

Ravenglenn

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:39 PM

You'd be depressed too if your OC was Cam Cameron.

Exactly. I was hoping we'd get someone who can tap Joe's talents and put together a decent offense.

#13 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,637 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

This is just an aside, don't mean anything by quoting you, Mili: I still think he got that snap off before the 2:00 warning, in the first half. I was looking at the clock very closely and I think they got it off. Another bad call by the refs? I think so, but what's done is done. Of course, it's not like they would have done anything with it. The offense stank.

no problem berad.

~Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"Hunt!  Hunt!  Hunt!  Keep Hunting!  Until You Put'em on Your Wall!"

- Ray Lewis

#14 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,920 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:51 PM

I don't care about his emotion. I think thats a little overrated.

I am more concerned about his intelligency, accuracy, decision making,release and instinct.

It's sad that he can't speed up his offense for 2 min drill and he can't call his own plays.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#15 DMH_in_WA

DMH_in_WA

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:12 AM

That's not who he is. If he started running up and down screaming at people like he's Dan Fout's it would come off as fake. Let him be who he is.

The question I always have is, why isn't $500,000 - $1,000,000 per year minimum base salary more than enough to get people motivated? Oh yea, that's right, no performance clauses. Nevermind. /snark

OzzieTrust.jpg

#16 D_UP

D_UP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:20 AM

I don't care about his emotion. I think thats a little overrated.

I am more concerned about his intelligency, accuracy, decision making,release and instinct.

It's sad that he can't speed up his offense for 2 min drill and he can't call his own plays.

This

#17 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:27 AM

When he throws an INT, look at him. I've been to games where I have a good view of the Ravens sideline, and all he does is just sit there like nothing out of the ordinary just happened. Does he try to rally the troops like a good leader would?? No. Does he even talk with his teammates on the sideline 1/4 of the time during games? Nope. This is not a good leader folks. Stop being blind to him. I once was blind, but now I see. Flacco is not who we thought he was/would be.
Mount Ravensmore, 2013 version: Matt Elam, Arthur Brown, and Brandon Williams.

#18 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,132 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:33 AM

You'd look depressed too if you had to talk to Cam and know he's got you in a choke hold. Joe's hands are tied. I'd like to know how everyone expects him to "take control of the offense" when it was beyond obvious Monday night that Cam is never, ever, ever going to let it go. There are serious issues if your OC refuses to let your 4th year QB call his own plays in the hurry up offense. 'Nuff said.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#19 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,700 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:04 AM

Every elite QB shows that fire...why cant Joe?.....
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#20 Tatelli

Tatelli

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:51 AM

You'd look depressed too if you had to talk to Cam and know he's got you in a choke hold. Joe's hands are tied. I'd like to know how everyone expects him to "take control of the offense" when it was beyond obvious Monday night that Cam is never, ever, ever going to let it go. There are serious issues if your OC refuses to let your 4th year QB call his own plays in the hurry up offense. 'Nuff said.

This is the part I have a problem with. If Joe's leash has been cut (as per Oz) then he should be the one stepping up and telling Cam no this it what I want to run. It is his "O" to take charge of, when people look for Joe to show more emotions I don't think anybody is asking him to scream at anyone. I would more like to see him directing lineman and helping identify thing's the might miss, like when we see a reciver pointing out a corner looking to blitz off the edge. Very seldom do I see Joe going over pictures of defences formation on the sideline, very seldom do I see him talking with his Recivers after a 3 and outs (now maybe I'm missing it but I really do look for it during games) or an interception, these IMO are very important tools for a QB to use for in game adjustments.

Cam well this is no surprise to any of us....this is an on going issue from years pass. I think he over schemes thing's and makes way to many plays for our rookies and Joe to take in for a short season, hence the play clocks abuse from Joe. Oz and Harbs both said (in public) this is Joe's O to take charge of, well all I'm asking for is HE lead this squad don't just be a part of it LEAD IT!! He takes the snap he knows where the players are going, read the D and make your play, speak up if you don't like what you see change it and run it.