Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PuRock

THE Start/Sit thread

1,695 posts in this topic

Figured since we seem to be all over the place with our start/sit questions, I'd start an 'official' thread to post our questions in.

[b]PPR flex start:[/b]
[b]Eric Decker, Benson, DeAngelo WIlliams, Jonathan Stewart, Nate Washington or Marshawn Lynch.[/b]

I'm leaning to Decker since its a ppr league. He will see a ton of snaps for at least this week. But I have so much junk compiled when it comes to back-up running backs.
(Thanks Mod)

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1316784285' post='801644']
Figured since we seem to be all over the place with our start/sit questions, I'd start an 'official' thread to post our questions in.

[b]PPR flex start:[/b]
[b]Eric Decker, Benson, DeAngelo WIlliams, Jonathan Stewart, Nate Washington or Marshawn Lynch.[/b]

I'm leaning to Decker since its a ppr league. He will see a ton of snaps for at least this week. But I have so much junk compiled when it comes to back-up running backs.
(Thanks Mod)
[/quote]

How many targets/catches does Decker have so far?

[quote name='FerrariFan87' timestamp='1316789256' post='801681']

How many targets/catches does Decker have so far?
[/quote]

14 Targets (9 came in Game 2) with 8 catches

He has 3 less targets than Roddy White and is tied with Jimmy Graham (both of whom are on my team).

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1316789715' post='801689']

14 Targets (9 came in Game 2) with 8 catches

He has 3 less targets than Roddy White and is tied with Jimmy Graham (both of whom are on my team).
[/quote]

Yeah, that's the way to go.

already asked Pu this,

RB's
Pick 2 (pick 3 if your gonna pick wells)
Jahvid Best
Lagarrate Blount
Beanie Wells
Peyton Hillis
Chris Johnson

I already posted this in my other thread, didn't see this one at first.

Injury help with me:
Beanie Wells (hamstring) could be less effective this week
Peyton Hillis (illness) probably will start/play but who knows how much?

Should i put Fred Jackson in for either one of these guys? Or possibly pick up someone? (Mike Tolbert, James Starks, Ben Tate, or Benjarvis Green-Ellis are some RBs available)

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1316818338' post='802146']

Injury help with me:

Should i put Fred Jackson in for either one of these guys? Or possibly pick up someone? (Mike Tolbert, James Starks, Ben Tate, or Benjarvis Green-Ellis are some RBs available)
[/quote]

Put Jackson in for 1 of them
Starks and/or Tate are good pick ups depending who (on your whole team) is on your bench

Starks: Starter in GB
Tate: Feature back while Foster is out, will probably be sharing carries with Foster with the way he's been playing lately.

[quote name='Reddawn36' timestamp='1316812870' post='802043']
already asked Pu this,

RB's
Pick 2 (pick 3 if your gonna pick wells)
Jahvid Best
Lagarrate Blount
Beanie Wells
Peyton Hillis
Chris Johnson
[/quote]

I sent you a PM, but I'm ranking these guys again in order for me. I just don't like Wells at anything less than 100%. He's like night and day. I do have faith that CJ performs. McFadden lit the Broncos up running to the outside. CJ can too. Its either now or never.

Jahvid Best (only if ppr league @ #1)
Chris Johnson
Peyton Hillis
LeGarrette Blount
Beanie Wells

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1316818338' post='802146']

Injury help with me:

[/quote]

You should definitely play Fred Jackson instead of Beanie. Freddie is playing lights out. Starks is pretty good, but he's still splitting too many carries right now. I really like Tate this week if Foster can't go. My hunch is, that Foster will be active (for emergency purposes only) and Tate will continue being the NFL rushing Attempts leader.

But I would probably go with with Jackson and Hillis unless Foster is ruled inactive.

I need help with
2nd HB
D. McFadden (He's been a beast for me but is against the jets this week) or F. Gore vs the Bengals

Pick 2 WR
S. Smith Panthers( not going to sit him anymore lol)
J. Maclin
S. Johnson
W. Welker

W/R
One not picked from the two groups that you think will perform well. Thinking I'm going to start three wr this week.

[quote name='D-Rey' timestamp='1316877725' post='802483']
I need help with
2nd HB
D. McFadden (He's been a beast for me but is against the jets this week) or F. Gore vs the Bengals

Pick 2 WR
S. Smith Panthers( not going to sit him anymore lol)
J. Maclin
S. Johnson
W. Welker

W/R
One not picked from the two groups that you think will perform well. Thinking I'm going to start three wr this week.
[/quote]

Stick with your studs. McFadden has elevated past Gore as a must start. Sure the Jets aren't the best to run on. But this will be the first home game in Oakland. The Jets have to travel West and they have shown areas of weaknesses. McFadden is going to get the ball and he should do enough to be at least serviceable.

Start Steve Smith (I think everybody has benched him the first two weeks, then they will all start him this week and he'll do nothing). But still start him, the matchup is great.

Maclin I love like usually. The Giants can bring the pressure. Which means shorter throws. Which means Maclin. And against a bad secondary of the Giants, I like Maclin.

I also love Stevie Johnson. The groin is an area of concern because it can really slow down a player. But the matchup is fantastic in what might be a shootout.

Thanks hopefully Brees, Rice, and Jets D put up enough points that it doesn't matter that much like they have been lol. Been averaging 125 points.

Qb: Flacco, Cam Newton
RB: Green-Ellis, Tate, Tomlinson
WR: M. Wallace, J. Nelson, D. Moore, D. Nelson, J. Knox
TE: T. Gonzalez, Dickson
K: Cundiff
DEF: Ravens, Saints

Some tough calls for me this week, especially in the WR position, so any advice?

Not sure who i should go with at WR:
Roddy White vs TB or
Mike Wallace vs IND

I was gonna start Mike Wallace earlier in the week, but then i realized the steelers will probably be up early on the colts, and will start running the ball. Think i should go with Roddy?

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1316913247' post='802726']
Not sure who i should go with at WR:
Roddy White vs TB or
Mike Wallace vs IND

I was gonna start Mike Wallace earlier in the week, but then i realized the steelers will probably be up early on the colts, and will start running the ball. Think i should go with Roddy?
[/quote]

I'd go Roddy. But I tend to have a fantasy biased against Wallace. Even though he constantly proves me wrong.I do think the Steelers rely upon their run game and just dismantle the Colts offense. But Wallace should be a beneficiary of at minimum one long TD catch.

[quote name='Reddawn36' timestamp='1317004458' post='804942']
I hate you CJ2K
[/quote]

Now is the time to start panicking on CJ.

My gut feeling was DEAD wrong.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1317005383' post='804965']

Now is the time to start panicking on CJ.

My gut feeling was DEAD wrong.
[/quote]

Sorry about Best I really thought he was gonna have a good game, got torrey smith on my waiver... as does probably every1 else

[quote name='Reddawn36' timestamp='1317005545' post='804971']

Sorry about Best I really thought he was gonna have a good game, got torrey smith on my waiver... as does probably every1 else
[/quote]

Well Kevin Williams was back from his suspension. That will change the running game outlook. Best still had a decent game in the ppr format. He should've had that long TD pass but that one DB was able to chase him down with a great angle.

Torrey will probably be one of the biggest waiver wire claims this week.

I knew Steve Smith wouldn't do much if I started him, that's ok still scored 125 points for the third week.

[quote name='D-Rey' timestamp='1317055932' post='805654']
I knew Steve Smith wouldn't do much if I started him, that's ok still scored 125 points for the third week.
[/quote]

I don't know if you watched any of the game. But it was a monsoon out there. Fans in the first row had two feet of water to sit in. Even when it stopped raining the ground was so flooded that players could barely run with any speed. It really did hinder Smith's game.

Lol ya I saw that, but its my luck that I start him and that happens lol

I think Harvin has the best matchup going up against the Chiefs, but Meachem facing the Jags could be enticing as well... Brady will be looking to bounce back and Branch could get a lot of looks (I don't see Welker getting 16 catches again). So, after all that, I'd say go with your gut lol.

[quote name='BmorBirds' timestamp='1317208495' post='807314']
Percy Harvin, Robert Meachem or Deion Branch as a 2nd wr?
[/quote]

That's a tough one. All of those guys have big game potential as well as big game letdowns.
Here is my thought process on each player:

[b]Robert Meachem - [/b]Saints are playing the Jags so if the Saints get up early they might give Ingram and the run game a lot of run. So a full game of looks probably won't be there for Meachem. But he does have the capability of getting an early deep TD to salvage his day.

[b]Deion Branch - [/b]Very bad week last week because the Bills were allowing the underneath routes the whole game. They play the Raiders this week. The Raiders allowed the underneath routes the whole game to the Jets. Branch might bounce back but he might also lay another goose egg.

[b]Percy Harvin - [/b]Probably most likely to have a consistent game (if healthy). The Vikes want to get Peterson more involved but they are still playing the Chiefs. The Chiefs are allowing a ton of passing TDs.

So if you need to go big, go with Meachem. If you want consistency go Harvin.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1317222374' post='807412']

That's a tough one. All of those guys have big game potential as well as big game letdowns.

[b]Robert Meachem - [/b]Saints are playing the Jags so if the Saints get up early they might give Ingram and the run game a lot of run. So a full game of looks probably won't be there for Meachem. But he does have the capability of getting an early deep TD to salvage his day.

[b]Deion Branch - [/b]Very bad week last week because the Bills were allowing the underneath routes the whole game. They play the Raiders this week. The Raiders allowed the underneath routes the whole game to the Jets. Branch might bounce back but he might also lay another goose egg.

[b]Percy Harvin - [/b]Probably most likely to have a consistent game (if healthy). The Vikes want to get Peterson more involved but they are still playing the Chiefs. The Chiefs are allowing a ton of passing TDs.

[/quote]

If the league gives points for return yards, Harvin may be the top choice.

Should i start Ryan Mathews (At MIA) over Peyton Hillis (at TEN) or Michael Turner (at SEA)?

Mathews has the hot hand right now, and Tolbert doesn't seem to be getting as many carries now. Hillis should be good to go this week, and Turner was a disappointment last week, only rushing for 20 yards.

Also should i start Stafford (aquired in trade) (at DAL) or Vick (at SF).

I was gonna go with Stafford, because of the fact that Vick has also been a disappointment so far this year. 2 games in a row now he's left at the end of the 3rd quarter. Stafford has been very good so far.

As always, thanks for the help. I may have another question later in the week, i'm just gonna wait to see how these injuries i have on my team play out.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1317222374' post='807412']

[/quote]

[quote name='FerrariFan87' timestamp='1317220113' post='807380']
I think Harvin has the best matchup going up against the Chiefs, but Meachem facing the Jags could be enticing as well... Brady will be looking to bounce back and Branch could get a lot of looks (I don't see Welker getting 16 catches again). So, after all that, I'd say go with your gut lol.
[/quote]

Thanks for the detailed responses. I think I might be leaning more towards the consistent side this week with Harvin. Meachem in Jax is really enticing though. I'm in a non-ppr leauge. All 3 of those guys have laid eggs for me in the weeks I played them. My team has been pretty solid this year with Brees, Rice, Gronkowski and Fred Jackson. I'm 3-0 so far and facing the only other undefeated this week. I played both of my TE's last week and killed it with a combined 50pts between Gronkowski and J. Finley. I have to play both again right?

[quote name='BmorBirds' timestamp='1317257498' post='808169']

Thanks for the detailed responses. I think I might be leaning more towards the consistent side this week with Harvin. Meachem in Jax is really enticing though. I'm in a non-ppr leauge. All 3 of those guys have laid eggs for me in the weeks I played them. My team has been pretty solid this year with Brees, Rice, Gronkowski and Fred Jackson. I'm 3-0 so far and facing the only other undefeated this week. I played both of my TE's last week and killed it with a combined 50pts between [b]Gronkowski and J. Finley. I have to play both again right?[/b]
[/quote]

I would. Both are playing like WR1 right now in every format. TDs, yards and targets. Good combo you have.