Ravens at Saints      Pro Bowl Ballot      Game Rewind   

Photo

Wow...Skip Bayless On First Take Right Now...Talking About Joe Flacco

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
121 replies to this topic

#1 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:23 AM

Just put Suggs on blast on ESPN said some steelers have told him that SOME ravens have expressed to them after games and in the off season that they don't have faith in Joe in big games. The question obviously caught T-sizzle off guard and he said that's why those Ravens are no longer here. Suggs then quickly tried to change the subject to Lebron. He did say he has absolute confidence in Flacco to win a Superbowl and pointed to Eli finally getting on a role his superbowl year.

After skip and Rob parker went to the debate desk and debated the Ravens chances of winning with Flacco...Skip said they can't..ecspecially if we have a big playoff game which requires Joe to have to throw the ball down the field a lot...Rob said of course we can win with him and then pointed out Trent dilfer and Brad Johnson.

But I thought the Suggs piece was kinda awkward...who could he have been talking about that is no longer here based on their lack of confidence in Joe..Mason? Heap?

Edited by I AM LEGEND, 26 August 2011 - 10:27 AM.

#2 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,692 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

Its skip. Blah-blah-blah.
Posted Image

#3 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:28 AM

Its skip. Blah-blah-blah.

What about Suggs comment ?

#4 TheRavenouseD2008

TheRavenouseD2008

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

its espn what do you expect they all said the giants would run rough shot over us in tampa they were wrong then they are wrong now

" We weren't supposed to have a winning season, but we do. We

weren't supposed to advance to the playoffs, but we did. We're not

supposed to be here, but we are." Grant Taylor " Facing the

Giants"   (reminds me of us last year and maybe this year as well)

#5 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,692 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

I think your reading into what he said too much. Like you said he was caught off guard. The Ravens didn't cut Heap and Mason because they didn't have confidence in Joe. It was a business move. We barely got under the cap and needed other pieces.
Posted Image

#6 FerrariFan87

FerrariFan87

Trust Me, A Jedi I Am

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,324 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

Skip Bayless is a blowhard and Steelers apologist, I don't take anything he says seriously.

Re: Suggs - What else do you expect him to say? I don't have a problem with his comments.

2550rra.jpg

#7 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,544 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

I find it HARD to believe that any Ravens players would have taken comfort in speaking to any Steeler about their level of confidence with anyone in OUR organization! Thats just an analyst "fishing", IMO.
Posted Image

#8 dirtybird10

dirtybird10

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

He was probably just caught off guard and wanted to answer quickly and kind of snide. Probably didn't like the question, at least that's how I took it. I wouldn't appreciate the question either.

#9 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,601 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

Terrell Suggs also said he did cocaine and that he got off of it to have a successful 2010.

He's a joker. Anything more and I'd be surprised.
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#10 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,692 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

Terrell Suggs also said he did cocaine and that he got off of it to have a successful 2010.

He's a joker. Anything more and I'd be surprised.

Did he just say that now during first take? If so, too funny.
Posted Image

#11 edreedfromtheu

edreedfromtheu

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

Just put Suggs on blast on ESPN said some steelers have told him that SOME ravens have expressed to them after games and in the off season that they don't have faith in Joe in big games. The question obviously caught T-sizzle off guard and he said that's why those Ravens are no longer here. Suggs then quickly tried to change the subject to Lebron. He did say he has absolute confidence in Flacco to win a Superbowl and pointed to Eli finally getting on a role his superbowl year.

After skip and Rob parker went to the debate desk and debated the Ravens chances of winning with Flacco...Skip said they can't..ecspecially if we have a big playoff game which requires Joe to have to throw the ball down the field a lot...Rob said of course we can win with him and then pointed out Trent dilfer and Brad Johnson.

But I thought the Suggs piece was kinda awkward...who could he have been talking about that is no longer here based on their lack of confidence in Joe..Mason? Heap?

Bart Scott openly talked about how he thought Troy Smith should have been the starter when he was with the team. Heap wouldn't say anything. And while Mason can get agitated, and outspoken... he always defended Flacco. So the obvious choice is Bart Scott. But also, for this particular segment you are talking about... Skip Bayless probably just completely fabricated the whole thing. I doubt any Ravens talked directly to him or anyone he knows.

#12 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:36 AM

I find it HARD to believe that any Ravens players would have taken comfort in speaking to any Steeler about their level of confidence with anyone in OUR organization! Thats just an analyst "fishing", IMO.

I don't find it hard to believe...some of these players are ex college teammates...former NFL teammates..have the same agents and things....there are tons of talk when the games aren't going...we the fans tend to think they have to walk around hating each other like we do. I'm pretty sure there have been some players to express that to other players in the league..I don't always agree with Skip but I doubt he says that without there being some truth in it.

#13 Jamal

Jamal

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,562 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

Keep in mind Skip Bayless is the same guy who said the Eagles can only win a Super-Bowl with Vince Young as their QB.

#14 FerrariFan87

FerrariFan87

Trust Me, A Jedi I Am

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,324 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:38 AM

Keep in mind Skip Bayless is the same guy who said the Eagles can only win a Super-Bowl with Vince Young as their QB.

He said.... what?! Wow, didn't know that. What credibility does this guy have again?

2550rra.jpg

#15 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,692 posts

Just watch this happen.
Posted Image

#16 UxbridgeRaven

UxbridgeRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

If players have said it and it's a big if, Willis and LeRon both strike me as having pretty big mouths and feeling underutilized an D-Mase isn't exactly the kind of guy to keep his own counsel about such matters especially if it was after a loss. I'd be fairly confident in ruling out Heap.

As for questioning Flacco's ability to win games going deep, it shows why people like Skip Bayless are paid to talk rather than think. Despite never having had any weapons Joe's as good at anyone throwing deep. It's the drive maintenance that is more of a problem.

#17 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:39 AM

Bart Scott openly talked about how he thought Troy Smith should have been the starter when he was with the team. Heap wouldn't say anything. And while Mason can get agitated, and outspoken... he always defended Flacco. So the obvious choice is Bart Scott. But alpso, for this particular segment you are talking about... Skip Bayless probably just completely fabricated the whole thing. I doubt any Ravens talked directly to him or anyone he knows.

Only thing I could think of is Ryan Clark is always on the show...always debating Skip...I'm pretty sure any info that he got about the situation came from Ryan

#18 ravensfan160

ravensfan160

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Joe finally has some WR's who can run faster than I can. I fully expect a big year from Joe.

#19 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,544 posts

I don't find it hard to believe...some of these players are ex college teammates...former NFL teammates..have the same agents and things....there are tons of talk when the games aren't going...we the fans tend to think they have to walk around hating each other like we do. I'm pretty sure there have been some players to express that to other players in the league..I don't always agree with Skip but I doubt he says that without there being some truth in it.

Maybe, but its very doubtful talks about lacking confidence in your starting QB EVER happened between any Steeler and any Raven (other than Bart, as mentioned above).
Posted Image

#20 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,601 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:40 AM

Did he just say that now during first take? If so, too funny.

I think it was on NFLN but it was good when he said it.

Seriously, who is getting worried about what Skip Bayless says? Or what "some Steelers" told him?
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."