Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romo Ravens

ESPN Fantasy Football, 2011-2012

601 posts in this topic

The league is back once again! 10 team, H2H, with the rosters looking like this:

QB
RB
RB
RB/WR
WR
WR
TE
OP
D/ST
K

----------------------

It will be a "snake" draft, with the date on Sunday, September 4 at 7:00PM, Eastern Time. If this doesn't work for everyone, we can change it!

So far I have:

1.) Romo Ravens (Romo Ravens)
2.) -Truth-
3.) Ed_Reed20 (ER20 and The Illest Villains)
4.) PuRock (PuRock's Balls Deep)
5.) JO_75 (Team Awesome)
6.) Wacko4Zacko (Wacko4PrimeTime)
7.) ed.s52 (Team Saoud)
8.) Token (Team Coke)
9.) lowrider (my lowrider is bigger than you)
10.) AwakenTheDemon (Team ATD)
11.) FlaccoFlicker (Team Juggernaut)
12.) berad (The Mod Squad)

----------------------

So that's it. Also, to everyone who is on this list, please PM me ASAP with your emails so I can invite you guys to the league.

----------------------

[b]New Features:[/b]

Last year we didn't have an OP, or an "offensive player". I think it'd be fun to draft two QB's, or if you're Wacko4Zacko, just place another Tight End in that slot. I also made a huge mistake by messing up the championship game last year, so this year, we'll have 6 playoff teams, with the 1st and 2nd place teams getting a [b]BYE[/b] the first week of the playoffs, so bring your "A" game. I've also made some scoring adjustments and there will be a trade limit of [b]4[/b]. Waivers will be unlimited as well. So good luck!

[quote name='Token' timestamp='1311303376' post='711091']
Sign me up
[/quote]

Sounds good. Send me your email!

2 more to go then we're set.

I'm sooo looking forward to this league dude! I actually have a competitive league to go hard in, and not just a league for leisure. I needed a hard league to join, and this is the doctor's order.

I'll have to really limit my aggressiveness though. 4 trades?? I could do that in 4 weeks.... LOL. But that will be a learning experience for me that will teach me patience and strategy. Learning comes with growing pains though, but I'll give it my best shot!

[quote name='T-ray' timestamp='1311303538' post='711097']
I'm sooo looking forward to this league dude! I actually have a competitive league to go hard in, and not just a league for leisure. I needed a hard league to join, and this is the doctor's order.

I'll have to really limit my aggressiveness though. 4 trades?? I could do that in 4 weeks.... LOL. But that will be a learning experience for me that will teach me patience and strategy. Learning comes with growing pains though, but I'll give it my best shot!
[/quote]

Haha! The limit last year was actually 3 I think, so consider yourself lucky.. Like we talked about, I used to trade like crazy, but this is really important so peoples' teams don't get stacked and it's more competitive. Therefore, draft wisely ;)

Gotchya man! It won't be too hard, I'm sure. I will learn on the go on how to have patience lol. I feel like a Qb who is developing haha. First year, got my wings. Second year, got my name. Third year, going for perfection of my craft.

[quote name='Romo Ravens' timestamp='1311303893' post='711102']
Haha! The limit last year was actually 3 I think, so consider yourself lucky.. Like we talked about, I used to trade like crazy, but this is really important so peoples' teams don't get stacked and it's more competitive. Therefore, draft wisely ;)
[/quote]

Trades before the season was crazy last year. Wacko max'd out after being hosed three times.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1311304764' post='711122']
Trades before the season was crazy last year. Wacko max'd out after being hosed three times.
[/quote]

Lol, everyone was mad at me because I got someone from him for next to nothing. But it won't be like that this year. I'll keep my league manager duties in check

[quote name='Romo Ravens' timestamp='1311304999' post='711125']
Lol, everyone was mad at me because I got someone from him for next to nothing. But it won't be like that this year. I'll keep my league manager duties in check
[/quote]

Sure....... thats what they ALL say.... LOL! Jk.

My team name is Jefferson Red Storm.

[quote name='T-ray' timestamp='1311305183' post='711129']
Sure....... thats what they ALL say.... LOL! Jk.

My team name is Jefferson Red Storm.
[/quote]

Hahaha! I think you made a second owner actually. I'm going to delete you then send another invite. Wait, nevermind. I fixed it. Welcome to the league

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1311305198' post='711130']
Ten teams? I'm definitely taking this league...
[/quote]

LOL yeah right! Its mine to lose my man! haha jp.

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1311305198' post='711130']
Ten teams? I'm definitely taking this league...
[/quote]

I hope you have enough swag

[quote name='Romo Ravens' timestamp='1311305368' post='711131']
Hahaha! I think you made a second owner actually. I'm going to delete you then send another invite. Wait, nevermind. I fixed it. Welcome to the league
[/quote]

Did I do something wrong lol?? It asked me to sign in to sign up, then I went over to the team editor thingmabobber and made a custom team name/team logo. What happened?

[quote name='T-ray' timestamp='1311305478' post='711136']
Did I do something wrong lol?? It asked me to sign in to sign up, then I went over to the team editor thingmabobber and made a custom team name/team logo. What happened?
[/quote]

Go back to the league and see if you're still in it.. I deleted something, but I don't know what lol

[quote name='Romo Ravens' timestamp='1311305587' post='711138']
Go back to the league and see if you're still in it.. I deleted something, but I don't know what lol
[/quote]

LOL... dude... you deleted me! Hahahaha

Now I have to create my team again and do the whole joining process over again... thats it! I'm having a lockout against ya! I'm suing!! haha jp

[quote name='T-ray' timestamp='1311305912' post='711143']
LOL... dude... you deleted me! Hahahaha
[/quote]

Lol did I? It says your in it.. Like I can see you in the teams

When I go to espn fantasy football, on the sidebar it says 'my teams'. Then I look at it and click on it, and it won't go through all it says is 'coming soon'. How do I access it?

[quote name='Romo Ravens' timestamp='1311305412' post='711133']
I hope you have enough swag
[/quote]

My swag bucket is overflowing.

I am so in bro! I am winning it this time! I am 1 year experienced, no more stupid trades. All the way baby!!!

I fixed the issue dude. I'll figure out the layout sometime tomorrow. I'm going to call it a night everyone.

Signed,
2011-2012 Baltimore Ravens Espn Fantasy Football League Future Champ
AKA: T-Ray/T-Red/Red Storm

[quote name='Wacko4Zacko' timestamp='1311307960' post='711163']
I am so in bro! I am winning it this time! I am 1 year experienced, no more stupid trades. All the way baby!!!
[/quote]

LOL I could not pass this up.....

Just wait Wacko, I'll make some trades with ya! They'll be fair, as long as you think fair means good for the other side and bad for you, that is! LOL just messin'.

Now for real guys.... night!

[quote name='T-ray' timestamp='1311308332' post='711165']
I fixed the issue dude. I'll figure out the layout sometime tomorrow. I'm going to call it a night everyone.

Signed,
2011-2012 Baltimore Ravens Espn Fantasy Football League Future Champ
AKA: T-Ray/T-Red/Red Storm
[/quote]

Perfect. Keep dreaming!

[quote name='lowrider' timestamp='1311308681' post='711169']
The champ is here. I'm back in it to win it
[/quote]

Send me your email brotha

[quote name='Wacko4Zacko' timestamp='1311307960' post='711163']
[/quote]

Sending you the invite now!

[quote name='Romo Ravens' timestamp='1311309796' post='711180']
Just like that, the league is full. ATD is our last man in.
[/quote]

How come I didn't get an invite? Am I still in the league?

Edit: Guess I don't need an invite since I'm already logged in.

[quote name='AwakenTheDemon' timestamp='1311310948' post='711183']
I feel so special, Romo went out and recruited me just for his league. *wipes a tear from his eye*
[/quote]

Oh no..... you mean I really have to play with YOU?????

Haha just kidding dude. Its gonna be a 'fun ride'

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1311336607' post='711222']
How come I didn't get an invite? Am I still in the league?

Edit: Guess I don't need an invite since I'm already logged in.
[/quote]

Haha, don't feel bad, I had some issues too last night. As long as we figure the fixes out, we're good!

On a minor, more serious note..... could you all list your team names on here so Romo could put them in the first post as he's done with a few already?? It would make communication easier and let you know who you're going against and smack talking for the week. Thanks!

I really didn't want to join one of these leagues this year because I wanted to be able to talk fantasy with other people but I couldn't resist. I'm expecting a repeat year............

[quote name='lowrider' timestamp='1311340112' post='711236']
I really didn't want to join one of these leagues this year because I wanted to be able to talk fantasy with other people but I couldn't resist. I'm expecting a repeat year............
[/quote]

I'm in two leagues this year. One not connected to this website, and this one is. I have only ever been in one league for the last 2 years. So this year is gonna be a learning step for me that is welcomed. I will put my best into this league though, I can assure you that.

[quote name='T-ray' timestamp='1311343982' post='711259']
I'm in two leagues this year. One not connected to this website, and this one is. I have only ever been in one league for the last 2 years. So this year is gonna be a learning step for me that is welcomed. I will put my best into this league though, I can assure you that.
[/quote]
Well it should be a fun year. Last year I was in 5 fantasy leagues and I lost every single one, but the one Romo ran. Unfortunately, the only one without money involved. Either way it should be a good year. Hopefully I don't get plagued with injuries this year again....

[quote name='lowrider' timestamp='1311340112' post='711236']
[/quote]

Are you afraid you might give away secrets or strategies? I've never had that hinder any success. Last year I was one of the people that voiced their opinion most on guys/strategies on here. And I finished strong in all three BR leagues w/ one championship. Everybody has different opinions on guys. I might convince somebody about one player, while somebody else convinces me about another player, while I bump down another player that somebody else likes.

[quote name='T-ray' timestamp='1311343982' post='711259']
[/quote]

I will feast on your blood! I welcome your best effort. I've been in about 25 leagues in my lifetime and I've logged 20 mock drafts already this season. But all kidding aside, no matter how good I think my plan and BPA list are, it's a lot of luck. Injuries, situational changes, unknown breakout players, rookie production, etc. No plan can ever come close to envisioning what an NFL season entails.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1311344612' post='711268']
Are you afraid you might give away secrets or strategies? I've never had that hinder any success. Last year I was one of the people that voiced their opinion most on guys/strategies on here. And I finished strong in all three BR leagues w/ one championship. Everybody has different opinions on guys. I might convince somebody about one player, while somebody else convinces me about another player, while I bump down another player that somebody else likes.

I will feast on your blood! I welcome your best effort. I've been in about 25 leagues in my lifetime and I've logged 20 mock drafts already this season. But all kidding aside, no matter how good I think my plan and BPA list are, it's a lot of luck. Injuries, situational changes, unknown breakout players, rookie production, etc. No plan can ever come close to envisioning what an NFL season entails.
[/quote]

Your last two sentences there explains it all. While it does take a lot of prep, draft smarts, and experience; it also takes a lucky horseshoe or a lucky teddy bear to win it all haha!

In all seriousness though, I am fully aware that I likely won't win this year. I'm okay with that. All I want is some competition in my opponents, smack talk, and a year to grow and learn from the best. As long as I don't finish dead last, then I chalk it up as success as long as I learn. If I make the 6 team playoffs, then I chalk it up as a huge victory for me, especially since I've only been in two, noncompetitive leagues so far in my 'career'.... haha

[quote name='T-ray' timestamp='1311344895' post='711272']
Your last two sentences there explains it all. While it does take a lot of prep, draft smarts, and experience; it also takes a lucky horseshoe or a lucky teddy bear to win it all haha!

In all seriousness though, I am fully aware that I likely won't win this year. I'm okay with that. All I want is some competition in my opponents, smack talk, and a year to grow and learn from the best. As long as I don't finish dead last, then I chalk it up as success as long as I learn. If I make the 6 team playoffs, then I chalk it up as a huge victory for me, especially since I've only been in two, noncompetitive leagues so far in my 'career'.... haha
[/quote]
Hey lets try to be a little more optimistic than that. I mean if Wacko has a chance to win, anyone can...........

<3 you Wacko

[quote name='lowrider' timestamp='1311345175' post='711277']
Hey lets try to be a little more optimistic than that. I mean if Wacko has a chance to win, anyone can...........

<3 you Wacko
[/quote]

Me and Wacko are gonna form a powerhouse alliance and take the league by storm! :mine: :croc:

LOL

[quote name='T-ray' timestamp='1311344895' post='711272']
[/quote]

The most important thing is to stay active. Too many players think they draft and thats pretty much it. Playing the waiver wire successfully is so key. The most active players are usually the ones who win.

[quote name='lowrider' timestamp='1311345175' post='711277']

<3 you Wacko
[/quote]

I love Wacko too. But he had no chance to win. He traded away a few of his studs before the season ever started.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1311345472' post='711282']
I love Wacko too. But he had no chance to win. He traded away a few of his studs before the season ever started.
[/quote]
He did. It was bad. Good thing we are having a live draft at Wacko's house this year. I'm definitely eating all of his mom's brownies before you all get there

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1311345472' post='711282']
[/quote]

Wow..... all I can say is.... Wow. Its a good thing there is a limit to number of trades, otherwise everyone would be ganging up on him and plucking his players away.... haha.

I'm coming for you lowrider, last season I went 12-1 and outscored everyone in this league but finished 4th because my team decided to all get injured for the playoffs.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1311345391' post='711281']
The most important thing is to stay active. Too many players think they draft and thats pretty much it. Playing the waiver wire successfully is so key. The most active players are usually the ones who win.
[/quote]

Active, aggressive, and competitive.... all three words that describe me as not only a fantasy football player, but they also describe me as a person.

[quote name='lowrider' timestamp='1311345687' post='711285']
He did. It was bad. Good thing we are having a live draft at Wacko's house this year. I'm definitely eating all of his mom's brownies before you all get there
[/quote]

Truth. I'll eat Wacko's moms brownies all night long.

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1311345889' post='711289']
Truth. I'll eat Wacko's moms brownies all night long.
[/quote]

LOL I love me some brownies, can you send them by pony express to my home in Tennessee?? I would much appreciate it!

Am I the only one who lives out of state that plays in this league?