BloodRaven

The Movie Thread

8,132 posts in this topic

These Red Dawn previews are killing me. Chris Hemsworth American accent is so bad.

I just wish some classics would be left alone. Nobody can ever replicate the feel that the Original Red Dawn created. There was the feeling of almost melancholy throughout the movie. Coupled with Swayze, Sheen, Lea, Jennifer Grey.

The new Red Dawn is the same unoriginal, uninspired pile of Hollywood poo. Led by Hemsworth.

I just wish some classics would be left alone. Nobody can ever replicate the feel that the Original Red Dawn created. There was the feeling of almost melancholy throughout the movie. Coupled with Swayze, Sheen, Lea, Jennifer Grey.

The new Red Dawn is the same unoriginal, uninspired pile of Hollywood poo. Led by Hemsworth.

Red dawn was perfect in its day. Cold War era. Who's even attacking us in this sad revamp?

Red dawn was perfect in its day. Cold War era. Who's even attacking us in this sad revamp?

Had to look on IMDB: "A group of teenagers look to save their town from an invasion of North Korean soldiers."

Please tell me that a 30 y.o. , steroid infused Hemsworth isn't pulling off a HSer?

Edited by PuRock

Had to look on IMDB: "A group of teenagers look to save their town from an invasion of North Korean soldiers."

Please tell me that a 30 y.o. , steroid infused Hemsworth isn't pulling off a HSer?

The whole thing stinks, I tells ya! :oldwiseman:

I need to watch this show. Netflix?

It's not on live streaming, but it could be available via DVD. I just finished the series today. Well worth it.

Lincoln was pretty good of you like history and politics. Btw the girl I went with said she has a crush on me. So ubermess!!!!

You're about to live out your avi! :banana1:

Saw AL:VS the other night. It was good for what it was. Nothing special but a cool movie regardless.

Saw AL:VS the other night. It was good for what it was. Nothing special but a cool movie regardless.

I'd agree with that. The new Lincoln movie looks amazing.

I'd agree with that. The new Lincoln movie looks amazing.

My uncle said it was great, he's a history buff

Lincoln is my favorite movie for many reasons besides the film.

You did the old hole in the bottom of the popcorn box trick, didnt you?

Question is.. How fast did he eat the popcorn to get to the main event

Lincoln is my favorite movie for many reasons besides the film.

Are you referring to your movie date, Cassanova? ;)

Mickey Rourke!

QVJ2ZFVCa05vRFUx_o_mickey-rourke-in-diner---the-popcorn-scene.jpg

Are you referring to your movie date, Cassanova? ;)

Yeah, I get to go see Lincoln this weekend! With no date though, I want to be Cassanova for a change... :( I love history, and will get extra credit if I see it(yay, something fun for once).

Expendables 2. Total crap but good fun.

I couldnt even get through 5 minuets of the first one without breaking the remote. Thats how bad it was.

Yeah, I get to go see Lincoln this weekend! With no date though, I want to be Cassanova for a change... :( I love history, and will get extra credit if I see it(yay, something fun for once).

You get extra credit for watching history movies? I'd get an A in your class! :plus-un2:

You get extra credit for watching history movies? I'd get an A in your class! :plus-un2:

I have an 89.1%. Lowest grade I have ever gotten in a history class thus far. It's ok, 50 point projects always help ;)

I have an 89.1%. Lowest grade I have ever gotten in a history class thus far. It's ok, 50 point projects always help ;)

You can do it! Just make sure you know your priorities (Ravens, school)!

Wow, extra credit for watching movies... what's wrong with our schools?

I kid... that's pretty cool!

I got a warning for saying that in a more straight to the point way

Wait here or while at the movies?

Live and learn, Limey. :P

It's a badge of honor! I salute your [laissez-faire] attitude!

Edited by FerrariFan87
Wrote "IDGAF" (veiled profanity)

So I watched Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch (subtitles on) and they're basically the same movie.

So I watched Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch (subtitles on) and they're basically the same movie.

The same awesome movie.

The same awesome movie.

Snatch is freaking awesome. LOL at the subtitles comment!

check out Rock N Rolla if you like those kind of movies

Only thing missing from that one was Jason Statham. Gerard Butler was pretty good though.

It's a badge of honor! I salute your [laissez-faire] attitude!

I like how this post was edited yet the edit displays what was originally wrote.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking barrels doesn't get the love that Snatch does, but it should. I watched it when it came out in 1998 and it instantly rocketed to my top 10 movies. Snatch does the style better but it is built off LSTSB.

check out Rock N Rolla if you like those kind of movies

Hell yea. Toby Kebbell made this movie for me. I can never get the song 'Bankrobber' by Clash out of my head because of this movie.

tumblr_m6ifd2lMxh1r2jv0co1_500.gif

Daddy was a Bankrobber!!!

Edited by PuRock

Speaking of RocknRolla, anybody else love Thandie Newton as much as I?

Thandie_Newton_9_992.jpg

Even though she is 40, she still rocks it. Maybe its because she reminds me of one of my gfs from college (If she were 40).

Edited by PuRock

I like how this post was edited yet the edit displays what was originally wrote.

How ironic that my post celebrating an uncensored post was itself censored... Big Brother is watching! :th_327321_Spy_23x22:

Hell yea. Toby Kebbell made this movie for me. I can never get the song 'Bankrobber' by Clash out of my head because of this movie.

toby-kebbell-topless.jpg

Daddy was a Bankrobber!!!

Well thanks...now that song is stuck in my head. Time to download via itunes

I saw RocknRolla a few years ago, I only remember it for Kebble and the always reliable Mark Strong. Layer Cake and Gangster #1 are pretty good too.

I saw RocknRolla a few years ago, I only remember it for Kebble and the always reliable Mark Strong. Layer Cake and Gangster #1 are pretty good too.

I'd also recommend I'll Sleep When I'm Dead starring Clive Owen and Malcolm McDowell, and Sexy Beast starring Ray Winstone and Sir Ben Kingsley to those who haven't seen them. Both fit into the same British Crime genre as the others mentioned.

Edited by BmoreRav

How ironic that my post celebrating an uncensored post was itself censored... Big Brother is watching! :th_327321_Spy_23x22:

1984 is a terrible movie...

Big fan of those British multiple stories within a story movies, particularly Guy Ritchie films (Lock Stock, Snatch, Rock N Rolla). Layer Cake is a good one too, pre Daniel Craig becoming a massive movie star. The ending was a total What the heck? moment for me lol.

well folks they are remaking Flight of the Navigator anyone remember that film?

Ofcourse. Flight of the Navigator was good but I am surprised they are remaking that one. One of my favorite kid adventures from the 80's was 'Explorers'. It had young Ethan Hawke and River Phoenix.

lis_1.jpg

But don't get me started on 80's movies. I can go on forever. A lot of creativity and fun in 80's cinema.

Edited by PuRock

Explorers FTW. I loved that movie.

Its streaming on Netflix if you want to take a trip down memory lane.

I actually bought it a while back I believe. Was adding DVDs from my childhood to my collection.