• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
BloodRaven

The Movie Thread

9,077 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

You don't like the room? 

@Cville-Raven

Everyone betray me, I'm fed up with this world.

They betrayed me, they didn't keep their promise, they tricked me, and I don't care anymore

Oh my gawd.   Top ten ?
DIFFICULT.

Only #1 is in order the rest are just as they come to mind.

1) Signs.  I LOVE the sub story.  "There are no coincidences" Faith matters to me and this movie really speaks a lot about where my faith is.  
Oh, if you think this movie is about aliens, you are mistaken.

2) American History X A difficult movie to watch, but so powerful.  It really is a "must watch"

3) Planes Trains and Automobiles rock solid absolute classic. 

4) 500 Days of Summer.  More so for personal reasons, but it simply is a fantastic movie. 

5) Who Framed Roger Rabbit.  I can watch it over and over and over 

6) The Green Mile.  just fantastic on every level 

7) Happy Accidents  Stars Marisa Torme.  This is SUCH a fantastic movie.  It comes across as a chick flick for si-fi chicks ( sorta ) but it is SO WELL DONE !!!
With this movie the less you know about it going in the better. 

8) Devil I am a big fan of Shyamalan after more than a few disappointing movies Devil was a great movie about grace and redemption.

9) Forest Gump.  no secret why this is on here.  If it is not on most peoples top ten it easily is on just about everyone's top 25. 

10) Edward Scissorhands. this is a move that should be a template for what it takes to make a great movie.

11) Napoleon Dynamite This movie is SO rewatchable. 

12) Crash another movie with a compelling message.

Honorable mentions. Office space, A Few Good Men, The Green Mile, Pleasantville, Sixth Sense, The Village, Star Wars, Kick "rear end",  Blue Like Jazz, Airplane, The Naked Gun, Spaceballs, The Passion, As Good As It Gets, Goodwill Hunting, Pay If Forward, Silence of the Lambs, and The Princess Bride. 

Edited by K-Dog

1 hour ago, Moderator 3 said:

Oh come on, nothing will ever top Animal House.

Liar. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? When the going gets tough....

Edited by LosT_in_TranSlatioN

14 hours ago, Moderator 3 said:

Oh come on, nothing will ever top Animal House.

What about Stripes? 

On 1/17/2017 at 5:37 AM, redrum52 said:

Seen the previews and think it's supposed to be a comedy horror.  Probably going to check it out.

Judging by the director, comedy horror would be a fit.

The Girl on the Train is a must watch.   At first I wasnt that Interested but as it kept going it just sucked me in.   It kind of reminded me of Gone Girl 

"The Swiss Army Man "

So very very strange. 

It is about a man stranded on an island when a dead body  ( played by Daniel Radcliffe) washes up on shore and the two go on an amazing adventure to get back home. 

Personally I thought that film was great though. It's probably the definition of "something else", but it has a great soundtrack and manages to make you think even though it incorporates a lot of fart jokes. Which is totally weird. One of my favourite movies of last year in the end...

2 hours ago, Capitano1412 said:

Personally I thought that film was great though. It's probably the definition of "something else", but it has a great soundtrack and manages to make you think even though it incorporates a lot of fart jokes. Which is totally weird. One of my favourite movies of last year in the end...

What movie are you referring to

Swiss Army Man. Somehow I deleted the quotation... I haven't seen The Girl on the Train so far, although it's on my list. 

Oh my gawd I forgot "The Breakfast Club" on my top ten list.

It needs no explanation if you are 40+

3 hours ago, K-Dog said:

I'm 32 and that movie is great, but its no Back to the Future or even Ferris Bueller's Day Off

On 2/4/2017 at 5:58 PM, K-Dog said:

Oh my gawd.   Top ten ?
DIFFICULT.

Only #1 is in order the rest are just as they come to mind.

1) Signs.  I LOVE the sub story.  "There are no coincidences" Faith matters to me and this movie really speaks a lot about where my faith is.  
Oh, if you think this movie is about aliens, you are mistaken.

2) American History X A difficult movie to watch, but so powerful.  It really is a "must watch"

3) Planes Trains and Automobiles rock solid absolute classic. 

4) 500 Days of Summer.  More so for personal reasons, but it simply is a fantastic movie. 

5) Who Framed Roger Rabbit.  I can watch it over and over and over 

6) The Green Mile.  just fantastic on every level 

7) Happy Accidents  Stars Marisa Torme.  This is SUCH a fantastic movie.  It comes across as a chick flick for si-fi chicks ( sorta ) but it is SO WELL DONE !!!
With this movie the less you know about it going in the better. 

8) Devil I am a big fan of Shyamalan after more than a few disappointing movies Devil was a great movie about grace and redemption.

9) Forest Gump.  no secret why this is on here.  If it is not on most peoples top ten it easily is on just about everyone's top 25. 

10) Edward Scissorhands. this is a move that should be a template for what it takes to make a great movie.

11) Napoleon Dynamite This movie is SO rewatchable. 

12) Crash another movie with a compelling message.

Honorable mentions. Office space, A Few Good Men, The Green Mile, Pleasantville, Sixth Sense, The Village, Star Wars, Kick "rear end",  Blue Like Jazz, Airplane, The Naked Gun, Spaceballs, The Passion, As Good As It Gets, Goodwill Hunting, Pay If Forward, Silence of the Lambs, and The Princess Bride. 

How is it that the Green. Mile is both in your favorites and your honorable mentions?

48 minutes ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

How is it that the Green. Mile is both in your favorites and your honorable mentions?

Good question. 

5 hours ago, LosT_in_TranSlatioN said:

I'm investigating a cinematic anomaly. That's all. 

Probably just wanted to make sure I got all my fav's

3 hours ago, K-Dog said:

Probably just wanted to make sure I got all my fav's

At first I thought it was horrible mentions....my head almost exploded.

Top 10 can change by the mood.  But according to my Flickchart these are my top 20:

1. Donnie Darko
  2. Beetlejuice
  3. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
  4. The Big Lebowski
  5. The Shawshank Redemption
  6. There Will Be Blood
  7. The Shining
  8. Blade Runner
  9. A Clockwork Orange
  10. Chinatown
  11. Rear Window
  12. Cool Hand Luke
  13. The Fifth Element
  14. The Gangs of New York
  15. The Royal Tenenbaums
  16. Edward Scissorhands
  17. Amadeus
  18. In the Mood for Love
  19. 12 Angry Men
  20. Labyrinth 

On 2/11/2017 at 8:17 PM, usmccharles said:

The Girl on the Train is a must watch.   At first I wasnt that Interested but as it kept going it just sucked me in.   It kind of reminded me of Gone Girl 

You're the first person I've ever seen that had 'The Girl on the Train' and must watch in the same sentence.  And I thought I enjoyed it more than most. 

On 2/16/2017 at 7:06 AM, K-Dog said:

I'm not 40 but close enough and The Breakfast Club is one of my favorites.  #25 out of 5,605 for me.  

17 minutes ago, PuRock said:

You're the first person I've ever seen that had 'The Girl on the Train' and must watch in the same sentence.  And I thought I enjoyed it more than most. 

I really enjoy psychological thrillers.  At first i was pretty bored but it kept getting deeper and deeper.  maybe its because i didnt expected anything even good.  

1 hour ago, usmccharles said:

I really enjoy psychological thrillers.  At first i was pretty bored but it kept getting deeper and deeper.  maybe its because i didnt expected anything even good.  

have you seen Devil ?

On 02/17/2017 at 6:58 PM, K-Dog said:

have you seen Devil ?

About the people in the elevator?

1 hour ago, usmccharles said:

About the people in the elevator?

Yeah.

Top 10s are tough cause they definitely vary on mood.  If I was stuck on an island and could only take 10 I guess I'd rock with these.

In no specific order:

Nightmare on Elm Street

Shawshank 

Who Framed Roger Rabbit 

Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Dark Knight

Dawn of the dead or a cabin in the Woods.

Back to the Future

Alien

Inception or Shutter Island

The Thing

Yea... I cheated.  

Anyone seen Split?  If so, how was it?

Edited by redrum52

7 hours ago, redrum52 said:

Anyone seen Split?  If so, how was it?

Yes.  LOVED it.  Disclaimer I am a big fan of Shyamalan, so I am admittedly bias. That said I am not a homer.  I can easily admit he has had quite a few stinkers. 

I would say it is worth seeing.  It doesn't have to be big screen though. 

3 hours ago, K-Dog said:

Yes.  LOVED it.  Disclaimer I am a big fan of Shyamalan, so I am admittedly bias. That said I am not a homer.  I can easily admit he has had quite a few stinkers. 

I would say it is worth seeing.  It doesn't have to be big screen though. 

Thanks.