BloodRaven

The Movie Thread

9,144 posts in this topic

Thats Patrick Bateman , buddy.

Oh haha I was just taking a wild guess. The dexter dude is the one that kills serial killers haha....I've actually never seen that American Psycho movie but it looks pretty good.

Edited by ravensorioleshoyas522155

Zombieland and 2004 Dawn of the Dead were pretty good.

ya i was thinking that as well, thats the one with woody right? i enjoyed it, was funny

Zombieland and 2004 Dawn of the Dead were pretty good.

Zombieland was indeed good. The Dawn of the Dead remake was a competent horror film, but doesn't come close to the original. I like my zombie movies sprinkled with social commentary.

Oh haha I was just taking a wild guess. The dexter dude is the one that kills serial killers haha....I've actually never seen that American Psycho movie but it looks pretty good.

Dexter is a pretty cool serial killer. That show just leaves me on the edge, and it just keeps coming, and coming (because its a series). I kinda like the thought of suspensful shows coming to the end after 2 hours.

Speaking of Zombies, I DESPISE Rob Zombie. Completely butchered the Halloween films in his 2 remakes. My favorite horror series by the way. There's no denying that Michael Myers is by far the coolest serial killer in movie history. And Rob Zombie just butchered that classic mask. It looked horrible in his remakes and nothing like Michael Myers is supposed to look like.

I agree. But Rob Zombie was the man with 'House of 1000 Corpses'. That movie was well-done. But then he overdid it with Devil's Rejects.

I agree. But Rob Zombie was the man with 'House of 1000 Corpses'. That movie was well-done. But then he overdid it with Devil's Rejects.

House of 1000 Corpses did nothing for me. It was just a mess of a movie, IMO. It tried to be a B-movie/slasher/survival/monster film all rolled into one, and it got muddled up. The subplot with all the grisly, demonic creatures in the basement came and went, and there wasn't really much of a protagonist. Unlike The Devil's Rejects, which completely eschewed the concept of protagonist-antagonist and just made you an inactive spectator, 1000 Corpses tried to make you like the hunted victims and failed. Devil's Rejects tried to make the family a group of anti-heroes instead, but it was hard to really like anyone in that film (or what little I saw of it, anyway).

I tried to give Rob Zombie a little leeway with 1000 Corpses since it was his first major film, but there was just too much done sloppily for me to really like it.

I watched Brooklyn's Finest last night and enjoyed it. Ethan Hawke looked like more of a junkie than usual, especially at the end.

I also watched Black Dynamite and was rolling. The nods to Blaxploitation movies of the past were great too.

Watched Audition recently. It was okay, but too much hype was put into it, especially the ending scene. I expected much better from that scene, but it was okay. I read an interesting article about it which explains the whole movie, and it makes much more sense now. It's probably best though if you watch it without any prior knowledge about the movie.

I also watched Inception, and it was, hands down, my favorite movie of the year. It moves fast at the beginning, so you have to listen to everything they say at the first forty minutes or so. Acting was great, soundtrack was great, casting was great, everything was great. I really recommend it.

Edited by kagejb

Watched Audition recently. It was okay, but too much hype was put into it, especially the ending scene. I expected much better from that scene, but it was okay. I read an interesting article about it which explains the whole movie, and it makes much more sense now. It's probably best though if you watch it without any prior knowledge about the movie.

I don't know what you were expecting with that scene. I think it's a great example of Takashi Miike using restraint and letting your imagination do the rest. This is doubly so considering Miike has made some of the goriest films I've ever seen like Ichi the Killer.

I don't know what you were expecting with that scene. I think it's a great example of Takashi Miike using restraint and letting your imagination do the rest. This is doubly so considering Miike has made some of the goriest films I've ever seen like Ichi the Killer.

I mean, I liked the scene, but I have some friends describing it as "OMYGASH BLOOD GUTS TORTURE KILL STAB". I was kind of expecting something different, but once I figured out all the meaning behind it, it was actually well done.

Haven't seen Ichi the Killer. Should I?

I mean, I liked the scene, but I have some friends describing it as "OMYGASH BLOOD GUTS TORTURE KILL STAB". I was kind of expecting something different, but once I figured out all the meaning behind it, it was actually well done.

Haven't seen Ichi the Killer. Should I?

I recommend it, only if you have a strong stomach.

I watched Despicable ME, last night. not bad actually.

Pretty good kids' movie, but I was a little let down at times. Could've used a couple more laughs, but it was pretty decent for what it was.

Despicable me was ok, was also expecting more laughs.

Easy A is pretty good, Dinner for Schmucks was ATROCIOUS.

ya that movie was terrible

i watched forgetting sarah marshall last night for the first time, i laughed my *** off a few times, it wasnt bad

i also watched unstoppable, it wasnt as good as i hoped it would b, plus it was set in pennsylvania :34853_doh: so i kinda wanted them to crash

Edited by ryan23945

Keanu Reeves said there will be two more Matrix's made. Saw it on this movie thing on Facebook.

Edit: Here's the Link.

Edited by EnVy_CaLiBeR

Despicable me was ok, was also expecting more laughs.

Easy A is pretty good, Dinner for Schmucks was ATROCIOUS.

Absolutely LOVED Easy A; I'm surprised it wasn't a bigger box-office hit or got more buzz. It was a pretty good ensemble cast for a mid-budget comedy, and it got great reviews. I also have or have had a crush on virtually every actress in the movie, so that helped. lol.

Absolutely LOVED Easy A; I'm surprised it wasn't a bigger box-office hit or got more buzz. It was a pretty good ensemble cast for a mid-budget comedy, and it got great reviews. I also have or have had a crush on virtually every actress in the movie, so that helped. lol.

I haven't seen it, but a friend recommended it to me. He also said the director plans to complete a triology that takes place at the same school, but using two other classic works of literature.

I posted this in the hockey thread. But I'm excited to hear that Keven Smith will be doing a adaptation of Warren Zevon's hockey song "Hit Somebody".

And he's announced that it will be his final film. (Yeah right).

Wonder who made that up. That is really weird.

I saw that report pop up earlier in the day but when I was looking at Sundance news I saw that tidbit saying it isn't true.

Who knows. But you'd have to figure the idea is out there, a lot of money could be made.

Me personally, not much of a Matrix fan.

I haven't seen it, but a friend recommended it to me. He also said the director plans to complete a triology that takes place at the same school, but using two other classic works of literature.

Thomas Haden Church, Patricia Clarkson, and Stanley Tucci stole every scene they were in. They almost overshadowed the leads. A lot of the dialogue was improvised and the chemistry felt natural with the adults interacting with the high school kids.

I would point to Easy A as the best way to do a tribute to an entire genre; it borrows enough from its various source materials while also adding a bit of its own unique flair. The film is like a love letter to John Hughes high school comedies, and it never gets dumbed down for the sake of a cheap laugh.