BloodRaven

The Movie Thread

9,054 posts in this topic

Agreed on the Joker, and Heath Ledger being amazing. But it really felt like Batman was on the backburner in that one

Bruce/Batman was out of the spotlight a lot more in DKR.

Edited by Ed_Reed20

Bruce/Batman was out of the spotlight a lot more in DKR.

Agreed, but still feel like the plot was really more focused on Batman in this latest installment. It was about who he was, who he is, and who he wants to be and the second one was really about the Joker. Again, don't get me wrong I get why it's the consensus pick, but Joker was a total scene and movie stealer of Batman. In the Dark Knight Batman had to rely on a gimmick to defeat the Joker. Which again the second movie is uncharacteristic of Batman, and keeps the focus off of him.

Total Recall pretty much sucked. Jessica Biel was its saving grace.

I don't know what it is but her looks are fading, she went from a 9.6 to a 7.0 in the span of three years.

Agreed, but still feel like the plot was really more focused on Batman in this latest installment. It was about who he was, who he is, and who he wants to be and the second one was really about the Joker. Again, don't get me wrong I get why it's the consensus pick, but Joker was a total scene and movie stealer of Batman. In the Dark Knight Batman had to rely on a gimmick to defeat the Joker. Which again the second movie is uncharacteristic of Batman, and keeps the focus off of him.

Good points. I agreed with you up until the "gimmick" part though. Joker was defeated(to an extent) when the people and convicts both decided not to blow each other up.

Looking forward to Django Unchained! Definitely see it if you loved Inglorious Bazturdz (misspelled to avoid any incidents with the server).

Gangster Squad looks like it might actually be worth a watch... Plus Zero Dark Thirty, plus Jack Reacher, plus Django Unchained. A lot of quality action movies coming out for the holidays!

Pontypool. Wowzer. What a strange, bizarre, and wonderful "zombie" kind of movie.

Thanks for putting it out there, Pu!!!

I actually bought Hersher after you mentioned it. Still have not watched it, but you always throw out some quality titles.

Not going down your sadistic movie path though, I'm just not ready for that stuff. I appreciate it for what it is, just don't want it in my head.

Pontypool. Wowzer. What a strange, bizarre, and wonderful "zombie" kind of movie.

I actually bought Hersher after you mentioned it. Still have not watched it, but you always throw out some quality titles.

Not going down your sadistic movie path though, I'm just not ready for that stuff. I appreciate it for what it is, just don't want it in my head.

drive by Pontypool almost every day I go to work...

Total Recall pretty much sucked. Jessica Biel was its saving grace.

Ofcourse I had to read this right before I watched Total Recall last night. The special effects were fine. But I got tired of watching Colin Farrell get chased, get caught, get chased, almost get caught, get chased again, get caught.

And not that I have anything against Biel & Beckinsale. But you'd think they'd at least get two women who aren't interchangeable with their looks. Half the time, I didn't know who's butt they were trying to show me.

And you are wise not to venture down the sadistic movie path. I've seen things, man. I'm usually good for some unique movie calls though. I've been talking up a storm with Pontypool this October. I'm glad you liked it. It was a 'fresh' take on the genre. Nicely shot too. Reminded me of horrified 'Talk Radio'.

Speaking of which. If you haven't seen 'Talk Radio (1988)', it is a good flick as well. (Not a horror). Plus it has the 1988 Beetlejuice version of Alec Baldwin in it.

Edited by PuRock

What a shame to hear you guys didn't like Total Recall....I really liked it a lot. But I will say that I am an unabashed action movie fan. Heck I even liked the Expendables, so don't take my word on it.

What a shame to hear you guys didn't like Total Recall....I really liked it a lot.

Well. The original is one of favorite sci-fi movies. This one pales in comparison. No Quatto, no alien technology, no Mars, no Sharon Stone tatas. I could go on.

Well. The original is one of favorite sci-fi movies. This one pales in comparison. No Quatto, no alien technology, no Mars, no Sharon Stone tatas. I could go on.

Actually the new movie is supposed to follow the series much more closely. Also Schwarzenegger didn't really potray how confused his character really was after going through recall.

Actually the new movie is supposed to follow the series much more closely. Also Schwarzenegger didn't really potray how confused his character really was after going through recall.

The series? In canada in the late 90s?

its actually based on an original short story by Phillip K Dick written in the 60s. Dicks works have inspired Blade Runner, Minority Report, and more.

I jut got back from seeing The Hobbit. Good movie overall, but, as a Tolkien purist, there were little things I have issues with (like the climactic ending....loved the post-battle scene at the end but not the battle itself.....serious issues with that (but I'll refrain from giving spoilers)).

I hope they revisit the LotR trilogy and redo all of the CGI and clean up some of the editing, it hasn't aged too well especially when you compare the action sequences to The Hobbit.

Just watched "Hell" on Netflix. It's a foreign film about what the world is like after getting scorched by the sun. I thought it was really good and intense.

Just watched "Hell" on Netflix. It's a foreign film about what the world is like after getting scorched by the sun. I thought it was really good and intense.

Added to queue. Thanks.

Sounds like "Horton Hears a Who" for adults!

Finally got around to wathcing Harry Potter 7 Part 2. Good God they ruined it. So freaking many factual errors, omitted details, and totally changed stuff. Reeally annoying.

Finally got around to wathcing Harry Potter 7 Part 2. Good God they ruined it. So freaking many factual errors

:th_204070:

Thats why it called FICTION.

:th_204070:

Thats why it called FICTION.

Lol I didnt mean stuff that wasnt possible, obviosuly thats in it. I meant they changed a ton of stuff to make the movie more action style.

I saw "this is 40" Plenty of good laughs. Megan Foxs body looks very good... Plastic surgery to her face? Not so much

I got The Crow on dvd for Christmas. Havent seen it in years.

For it's time, that movie was pretty "gory". I've got it on DVD as well, haven't watched it in years though. The last time I watched it, I thought "For it's time, it was pretty smegging awesome... now, not so much." Goes to show you the uptick in the amount of gore and violence they allow in movies these days compared to then.

~ Cosmic

my wife and i went to watch Django yesterday!

~Mili

And how was it? Read some reviews. Heard Dicaprio's character made Bane look like an amateur villian.

00.gif Cosmic

Edited by CosmicRedPanda

Lol I didnt mean stuff that wasnt possible, obviosuly thats in it. I meant they changed a ton of stuff to make the movie more action style.

And you're surprised by that? Lol they always do that. No movies are ever the same as the book.

Edited by bauer77