Average:
The Fighter

Thumbs down:
Green Hornet

Random news:

Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy confirmed as Catwoman and Bane for Batman 3

First Spiderman pic

First pic from XMen first class

Edited by BloodRaven, 20 January 2011 - 09:35 AM.

#2 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,134 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

If I'm just judging from that first publicity still alone, I don't have high hopes for X-Men: First Class.

Meanwhile, I love the news of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, mainly because it rekindled my crush on her. Tom Hardy as Bane has me skeptical, but I suppose it depends on Christopher Nolan's vision of the character. I don't think he'll be a roided-out freak, but he'll certainly need to have some formidable physicality to him even in Nolan's realistic setting. Hardy's a great actor, though, so I'm sure he could pull it off.

Posted Image

#3 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:33 AM

Yeah the Xmen poster doesn't look incredible, but its early and looks like an unfinished leak. However I'm big a fan of the cast and the homage to the old school uniform.

The Anne Hathaway thing is weird though, shes unique looking but I'm not entirely convinced she has natural sex appeal. It should be interesting to see how she works it under Nolans lens, his movies are always good but he can be hit and miss with his characters.

#4 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,586 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

I'm ready for the Dark Shadows feature film to come out. Johnny Depp & Tim Burton team up again. It's just started pre-production now.

I've been watching the 1960 day-time series for the past few years. I'm on collection 18 of 32. It's really slow, but its great to watch before going to sleep.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 jus'_crAzy

jus'_crAzy

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

The Anne Hathaway thing is weird though, shes unique looking but I'm not entirely convinced she has natural sex appeal. It should be interesting to see how she works it under Nolans lens, his movies are always good but he can be hit and miss with his characters.

"Havoc".

(OO=[||][||]=OO)  ///M

#6 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

"Havoc".

Fourth from the right :D

#7 ryan23945

ryan23945

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

true grit-thumbs up

green hornet-1 up 1 down

the dilemma-1 up one down

Posted Image

#8 ryan23945

ryan23945

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

Yeah the Xmen poster doesn't look incredible, but its early and looks like an unfinished leak. However I'm big a fan of the cast and the homage to the old school uniform.

it seems to me that halle berry wore tht cat suit the way it should be worn, thats all cat women was there for anyway, sex appeal, if it aint broke dont fix it haha, cant wait for this movie

Posted Image

#9 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,750 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

it seems to me that halle berry wore tht cat suit the way it should be worn, thats all cat women was there for anyway, sex appeal, if it aint broke dont fix it haha, cant wait for this movie

Agreed. I think the movie sucked overall but Halle Berry...she wore that suit.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#10 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

I was definitely impressed with True Grit, having seen both the original and the remake I thought Bridges did a pretty good job, but I though John Wayne did a better job of bringing a subtly nobility to Cogburn, whereas Bridges portrayed him as a gun fighter with an obligation to Maddy Ross. The end scene of the original True Grit was a favourite scene of mine as it cemented the relationship that Cogburn had developed with Maddy, and was kind of choked it wasnt in the remake. However I understand the Cohen's had to put their own twist on it so I wasnt totally upset.

#11 ryan23945

ryan23945

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

i watched a few movies that just came to dvd the other night, i belive ony 1 was in theatre, but i could b wrong

Takers-Idris Elba, Paul Walker T.1, Chris Brown
extremely average at best, crime/heist movie with little excitment and originality

Stone-Robert Deniro, Ed Norton, Mila Jovovich
Like aways ed norton is incredible, deniro was good, as well as jovovich, great acting in this movie, great movie about the human condidtion

Buried-Ryan Reynolds
well u guessed it from the title, hes buried...alive...in a wooden box...THE ENTIRE MOVIE!, when i started to watch it i thought to myself, the whole show wont be him in the coffin, there will b flashbacks, and scenes of ppl trying to save him and so on....WRONG, the entire movie is him in a coffin, not as bad as u would think though haha, more excitment then takers, which says alot about that movie too haha

Red-Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman,John Malkovich,Helen Mirren,Brian Cox, Richard Dreyfus,Mary Loiuse Parker
Pretty star studded cast, waste of talent really, it was a fun movie though. had to take it with a grain of salt, they weren't tryin to win any oscars with this one haha

Edited by ryan23945, 20 January 2011 - 02:43 PM.

Posted Image

#12 JonM229

JonM229

Macho Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:28 PM

I've recently grown fond of Danish movies despite the fact that I always want to drive my car headfirst into a tree after watching them. Here's a few that I would highly recommend:

The Green Butchers - A dark comedy about two friends who open up a butcher shop and through a series of mishaps, end up secretly serving human flesh...and they get very popular.

Adam's Apples - Another dark comedy about a perpetually optimistic man who runs a halfway house for ex-cons, and a new boarder who tries to break his spirit.

The Kingdom - A horror tv show by Lars Von Trier that takes place in a hospital that's being haunted by spirits. This was the inspiration for Stephen King's "Kingdom Hospital"

The Celebration - A drama centering on a father's 60th birthday with family and friends at the hotel he owns. Things go awry when the eldest son brings up a dark secret from his childhood. (This is considered Denmark's greatest movie. It makes sense when you consider that it's commonplace for Danish families never to mention bad things that have happened in the past)

Withering Lights - Along with his three accomplices, a low-level gangster steals a large amount of money for his boss, and then runs away with it. While lying low in the middle of nowhere, he falls in love with the place and tries to open a restaurant.

Also anything else by Lars Von Trier...except Antichrist. Don't watch that.

Edited by JonM229, 20 January 2011 - 03:29 PM.

Posted Image

RIP Warden

#13 PuRock

PuRock

Skull Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,586 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:31 PM

Adam's Apples - Another dark comedy about a perpetually optimistic man who runs a halfway house for ex-cons, and a new boarder who tries to break his spirit.

I second this one. It was actually really good. [slur deleted]s, religious freaks, Danes. What more could you want. Ending is great.
Posted Image

#14 JonM229

JonM229

Macho Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

I feel like I should mention that the movies I listed are all subtitled. If you hate reading movies, you don't deserve to watch them anyway.

Posted Image

RIP Warden

#15 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

Don't you weird up my page with foreign hipster crap.

#16 JonM229

JonM229

Macho Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:25 AM

No

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not is a French film starring Audrey Tautou who is in love with a married man. He seems like a jerk until the movie changes to his point of view.

Posted Image

RIP Warden

#17 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:39 AM

Amelie is good too, watched it with my ex a while ago.

Oh yeah, Virginie Ledoyen > Audrey Tatou

#18 XxSizzleXx

XxSizzleXx

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

Is The Fighter just an average movie? That's one movie I'd like to see.

#19 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

Is The Fighter just an average movie? That's one movie I'd like to see.

Yeah Marky Mark ruined it, hes just playing himself. Bale and the supporting cast were good.

#20 ryan23945

ryan23945

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

watched the movie "devil" last night, i enjoyed it, good twist at the end. apparently m night shyamalan wrote the story for it

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users