POE

Ravens Fans In Florida

152 posts in this topic

Whats up fellow Ravens Fans!! I'm originally from the Eastern Shore of MD but moved recently to Tampa, Florida and needless to say I bleed purple. Direct TV's Sunday Ticket has saved any withdraws I would of had by not getting any Ravens games down here, but it would be cool to hang out with some Ravens Fanatics on gameday. The Dolphins are hosting the Ravens this fall so that could be a possibility or better yet the Super Bowl is held in Tampa this year so LET's GO RAVENS...this is the year! Anyways if your in the tampa area and want to party with some fellow Raven lovers hit me back. :D

Whats up fellow Ravens Fans!! I'm originally from the Eastern Shore of MD but moved recently to Tampa, Florida and needless to say I bleed purple. Direct TV's Sunday Ticket has saved any withdraws I would of had by not getting any Ravens games down here, but it would be cool to hang out with some Ravens Fanatics on gameday. The Dolphins are hosting the Ravens this fall so that could be a possibility or better yet the Super Bowl is held in Tampa this year so LET's GO RAVENS...this is the year! Anyways if your in the tampa area and want to party with some fellow Raven lovers hit me back. :D

I live in the Orlando area and have the misfortune of watching games where a whole bunch of Browns fans go as well. They usually leave me alone since I don't try to start any trouble with them and have a pretty good sense of humor when they start cracking jokes.

Mmmm I didn't think of looking here but I've had the same idea for a while to start a Ravens Roost in Florida (I have been a Florida resident since 94 and lived in the Tampa area since 01)...I've left messages in Pro Football 24x7 and Orioles Hangout (I go by the same name in all forums) and have found a few other interested people (as far away as Jacksonville and Talahasse)...

We've had a small group of Ravens fans meeting at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Riverview for the past few years...normally out numbered by Browns, Bengals and Stiller fans we still have a good time and enjoy the company of fellow ex-Marylanders (I am from Baltimore County and have moved all over in the military)...

Love to have more join in!

Craig

Edited by Gulfbird44

Hey fellow Raven fans in FL. I live in Palm Coast, FL. It's on east coast between Daytona Beach and St. Augustine. Originally from Southwest Baltimore. Would love to get together with other Raven fans. Not many to be found around here. It's nice to see Fla Ravens fans. Chat again soon.

Hey fellow Raven fans in FL. I live in Palm Coast, FL. It's on east coast between Daytona Beach and St. Augustine. Originally from Southwest Baltimore. Would love to get together with other Raven fans. Not many to be found around here. It's nice to see Fla Ravens fans. Chat again soon.

By chance, were you at the Ravens - Jags game a few years back and then at the Caddy Shack restaurant in St Augustine after the game? There can't be too many out there so I was wondering if that was you.

By chance, were you at the Ravens - Jags game a few years back and then at the Caddy Shack restaurant in St Augustine after the game? There can't be too many out there so I was wondering if that was you.

YES!!! That was me and family/friends.!!

YES!!! That was me and family/friends.!!

Small world! We had a great time that weekend regardless that it was not the best of games down on the field!

Would be nice to get togther somehow with a bunch of RAVENS FANS!!!! Seems we are all spread across state.. LOL

Would be nice to get togther somehow with a bunch of RAVENS FANS!!!! Seems we are all spread across state.. LOL

That's what it seems...

Well I am going to put out an invite on this, the NFL 24/7 board and Orioles Hangout within a few weeks for anyone that can make it to join our little Ravens group just outside Tampa for the opening game...we shall see what happens...

Living down here its really tough to be a birds fan, so Im really looking forward to this. Last year I couldn't go. I bought Dolphins season tickets just for this game and Im reselling the rest of the games. Its the only way I could afford it.

Go Ravens!

Living down here its really tough to be a birds fan, so Im really looking forward to this. Last year I couldn't go. I bought Dolphins season tickets just for this game and Im reselling the rest of the games. Its the only way I could afford it.

Go Ravens!

I'd love to do that...as it gets closer to the game I should be able to say if I can committ or not...

Does anyone need tickets? I bought additional tickets for this game

Can you e-mail me at Gulfbird44@live.com with the details? I have a friend that might be interested.

My wife and I hope that all our fellow Florida Ravens fans are well after perhaps the most unpredictable storm I have EVER seen!

My wife and I hope that all our fellow Florida Ravens fans are well after perhaps the most unpredictable storm I have EVER seen!

Here, in SoFla, absolutely nothing happened. I dont really know what happened up north, can someone tell me?

Here in Palm Coast we are in the eye of it now and have been all day pretty much. Not real bad but supposed to get bad later when we get the other side of storm hit us. Hit pretty hard last night lots of rain mostly. Not too much damage at all. Hope this second hit is as "easy" LOL. Been putting up with this storm for almost a week. WISH IT WOULD GO AWAY!! Any tickets available for the Miami game SOFLARAVEN?? If so please send me info please. Gulfbird thank you and your wife for your concerns.I thought it was a CLASSY thing to do. Chat again soon.

Here in Palm Coast we are in the eye of it now and have been all day pretty much. Not real bad but supposed to get bad later when we get the other side of storm hit us. Hit pretty hard last night lots of rain mostly. Not too much damage at all. Hope this second hit is as "easy" LOL. Been putting up with this storm for almost a week. WISH IT WOULD GO AWAY!! Any tickets available for the Miami game SOFLARAVEN?? If so please send me info please. Gulfbird thank you and your wife for your concerns.I thought it was a CLASSY thing to do. Chat again soon.

PM sent

I live in the Tampa/Brandon area. You'll see me sporting a Bulls/Ripken/Robinson/Unitas/Mason?Reed?Lewis jersey alot. Chances are, that's me...

purple and black, baby!

WOW!!! I started this thread over 2 months ago and didn't think it was going to get this much attention. This is great and I am very happy to see so many B-more fans in the state of Florida. I look forward to watching some Ravens football this season or maybe even going to the Miami game with some you guys. Keep in touch and let us know if, when and where you guys would like to meet up.

Tampa here.... I usually go to "The Rack" in south tampa to watch the games..... anyone heard of it or go to another spot with other Ravens fans????

Go Ravens

Tampa here.... I usually go to "The Rack" in south tampa to watch the games..... anyone heard of it or go to another spot with other Ravens fans????

Go Ravens

Never heard of the Rack but I don't spend a whole lot of time in Tampa to begin with...for the past few years a small group of us have been going to the Buffalo Wild Wings in Riverview (not the Brandon one)...they have been fairly good to us and even though you normally get a mix of fans in the place on game day, I have only seen one fight break out in all that time...

I will TRY to be there this Sunday but I have a resperatory problem and tire easy so even if I do make it I might not stay long...

I live in the Tampa/Brandon area. You'll see me sporting a Bulls/Ripken/Robinson/Unitas/Mason?Reed?Lewis jersey alot. Chances are, that's me...

purple and black, baby!

LOL...careful...with the exception of the Bulls jersey, that could be me as well...I am sure you would be the younger one...me...the older, balder and lately coughing alot one...*S*

I won't be making it out anywhere this Sunday to watch the game due to my wife being unbelievably pregnant. She could go at anytime so I will be glued to my 50" Flat-Screen watching the purple and black kick some Bengal butts! Thank God for the Sunday Ticket..no more suffering from DFS(displaced fan syndrome) as Directtv calls it. Once we have the little one we may venture out with some of you Raven fans to see our boys take this season on. Talk to you guys soon..until then GO RAVENS!!!

I won't be making it out anywhere this Sunday to watch the game due to my wife being unbelievably pregnant. She could go at anytime so I will be glued to my 50" Flat-Screen watching the purple and black kick some Bengal butts! Thank God for the Sunday Ticket..no more suffering from DFS(displaced fan syndrome) as Directtv calls it. Once we have the little one we may venture out with some of you Raven fans to see our boys take this season on. Talk to you guys soon..until then GO RAVENS!!!

Well congrats Poe! But if your missus was a TRUE Ravens fan she would at least hold off till post game (kidding). Hopefully you have a good name for your tike like "Ray", "Todd" or "Johnny" (*S*)

Hopefully we shall hook up sometime during the season but our best wishes to your family!

LOL...careful...with the exception of the Bulls jersey, that could be me as well...I am sure you would be the younger one...me...the older, balder and lately coughing alot one...*S*

lol. I wear them with pride, and trust me, after the 30-3 O's loss and the Ravens' loss to the Dolphins last season... I've received some props on continuing to wear my jerseys.

Best line was from a sorority chick a few years ago..."Who is Unitas? Is that like, Peyton Manning's backup?????"

Well congrats Poe! But if your missus was a TRUE Ravens fan she would at least hold off till post game (kidding). Hopefully you have a good name for your tike like "Ray", "Todd" or "Johnny" (*S*)

Hopefully we shall hook up sometime during the season but our best wishes to your family!

Thank you! As a matter of fact my wife is a huge Todd Heap fan and we are considering naming him Todd, but after Sunday's game we may reconsider.(J/K, he will come around against the Texans).

Hello all! Marylander here. But my GF and I will be making the trip down to Miami for the game in October. Love to get together with some more Ravens fans before the game. But what I really need help with is transportation to and from the game from Lauderdale Beach. EVen if it is a shuttle recomendation. We are flying in to Fort Lauderdale on Thursday, but not renting a car. I would really like to avoid paying $200 round trip for cab fare, to the stadium.

Well my first Raven's football trip was in 2006. Me and 3 friends jumped on a flight down to Tampa for the Raven's first game of the season. Man we had a great time. We came down on Sat. and went out sight seeing. While at the mall we were informed that Ybor City was where all of the bar's are located in Tampa. So we found our way down there and the first thing we found was a corner full of Raven's fan dressed in Purple screaming! When they say us in the car with our Brian Billick straw hats they screamed even louder. We had a great time!

Best line was from a sorority chick a few years ago..."Who is Unitas? Is that like, Peyton Manning's backup?????"

UGHHH!! Hopefully you set her straight on that one!

Thank you! As a matter of fact my wife is a huge Todd Heap fan and we are considering naming him Todd, but after Sunday's game we may reconsider.(J/K, he will come around against the Texans).

Well, the team will have that extra week to prepare now...our hopes and prayers to all those in the way of Ike....

Well my first Raven's football trip was in 2006. Me and 3 friends jumped on a flight down to Tampa for the Raven's first game of the season. Man we had a great time. We came down on Sat. and went out sight seeing. While at the mall we were informed that Ybor City was where all of the bar's are located in Tampa. So we found our way down there and the first thing we found was a corner full of Raven's fan dressed in Purple screaming! When they say us in the car with our Brian Billick straw hats they screamed even louder. We had a great time!

Funny, I was on my way to Baltimore the morning before that game (I had business in the area)...ended up sneeking peeks at the game in a restaurant as my mom is not a big football fan...

BTW, very cute lil one there! I see you are starting Ravens indoctrination early which is good!

Hello all! Marylander here. But my GF and I will be making the trip down to Miami for the game in October. Love to get together with some more Ravens fans before the game. But what I really need help with is transportation to and from the game from Lauderdale Beach. EVen if it is a shuttle recomendation. We are flying in to Fort Lauderdale on Thursday, but not renting a car. I would really like to avoid paying $200 round trip for cab fare, to the stadium.

Wish we could help...not even sure if we will be in the area that weekend...

i might be able to help you out. 6 of us are flying in on saturday and staying in Ft Lauderdale. I rented a minivan so we might be able to squeeze 8 if someone doesnt mind riding in the back. Maybe an exchange for a sober driver...lol

Funny, I was on my way to Baltimore the morning before that game (I had business in the area)...ended up sneeking peeks at the game in a restaurant as my mom is not a big football fan...

BTW, very cute lil one there! I see you are starting Ravens indoctrination early which is good!

Oh yeah, you have to get your kid's started early. He is almost 3 now and he plays football at early development school with the other kids and he participates in Purple Friday every week.

if someone comes to tampa and wants to meet up for a game message me or post here, i check at least once a week

Come on? Whos coming to the game? Just to let you guys know, the box office doesent sell tickets on gameday. And this game might even sell out. Yea, sell out in Miami. And Im serious.

PM me if youre coming

FREE to a good home

One Ravens polo/golf shirt

It's a XL and in excellent shape. It is all black with a stylized Ravens head on the left breast pocket area with the words "Raven Fever" on it.

It never really fit me when I bought it a few years back on a trip to Baltimore and I finally got a shirt to replace it.

I am offering it free to any loyal Ravens fan in the Tampa area as I hate to send it to Goodwill and some Stiller fan use it for unclean purposes and I wouldn't have to worry about postage if you are local.

Contact me if you have an interest.

if someone comes to tampa and wants to meet up for a game message me or post here, i check at least once a week

I really do want to meet up with any Ravens fan in the Tampa area but my health has not improved and it's unlikely I would make it past one quarter in a sports bar. My thoughts are with you guys and I try to follow the team at home on the comp.

No excuses for not being there.

I saw tons of Chargers blue in Dolphins Stadium on Sunday, so lets do the same.

Look, there's even tickets for $10. That is as cheap as youre going to get.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=250305621052

I would love to be there with you guys but with a newborn and a 2 and a half yr old just doesn't permit me to go. I have already let my wife know that I will be at the Super Bowl regardless of cost and who is represented. I can just hope that Bmore gets it together and runs away in the second half to participate because that would be amazing to watch the Ravens in the bowl. Anyways, wish I could go to Miami to support our boys but just can't manage that right now.