Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purple Punishment

Lions

48 posts in this topic

Another Pats beatdown? Lions and Browns are getting it done, how did we lose!!! Stupid Brady and his home field advantage. Of course, in another scheduling "anomaly," we play the Jets and Pats away and the Steelers get them both at home.

[quote name='Florida Ravens Fan' timestamp='1290709917' post='550617']
Any given [b]Sunday[/b], right??
[/quote]

its Thursday

[quote name='JohnJohnson' timestamp='1290710024' post='550618']
Another Pats beatdown? Lions and Browns are getting it done, how did we lose!!! Stupid Brady and his home field advantage. Of course, [b]in another scheduling "anomaly," we play the Jets and Pats away and the Steelers get them both at home.[/b]
[/quote]

So what... we beat the Jets in their new stadium, and Steelers lost at home to the Patriots, so what does it matter? Plus if both Jets & Patriots can lose and we win, we are back in the AFC battle for the # 1 Seed again.

I'm shocked by the beat down by the Lions. I knew their defensive line was good but not this good where they are doing things to Brady very few could do all year. Shaun Hill is doing a great job, Mike Singletary has to be kicking himself for not keeping Hill in San Fran. Can you imagine how good the Lions can be if they get a offensive line that can keep Stafford up right & healthy all year, open up holes for Best to go along with Suh & their defense.

I knew I had more hope in a Lions upset for a reason... a boy named Suh!

[quote name='Gremraven' timestamp='1290709340' post='550612']
Their d-line is beast.They have been in Brady's face all day,why can't we do that :(
[/quote]

Because we're built around the mentality to stop the run first, the Lions can create pressure but theyre one of the worst run stopping teams in the league. The Pats can win with handoffs.

[quote name='BloodRaven' timestamp='1290710674' post='550624']
Because we're built around the mentality to stop the run first, the Lions can create pressure but theyre one of the worst run stopping teams in the league. The Pats can win with handoffs.
[/quote]

You Jinxed the Lions LMAO!

[quote name='BloodRaven' timestamp='1290710674' post='550624']
[/quote]

Yep and your right. Green just ran it 15 yards for a TD.

Patriots 10
Lions 14

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1290710597' post='550623']
So what... we beat the Jets in their new stadium, and Steelers lost at home to the Patriots, so what does it matter? Plus if both Jets & Patriots can lose and we win, we are back in the AFC battle for the # 1 Seed again.
[/quote]

What does it matter? It matters a lot, just because we happened to beat the Jets and they happened to lose to the Patriots doesn't change the advantage. Check out the scheduling for last season as well, we played the Packers and Vikings away and they got the Bears and Lions away. They also got the Chargers at home. There are always subtle scheduling decisions, and they rarely benefit the Ravens. How about the fact that we have a great stadium and environment, but by the end of this season, the Ravens will have had five Monday Night Football games, one Thursday night and one Saturday night game in the past three years. All of them on the road.

Put it this way, for all their pressure and sacks, we're the better pass defense, have allowed less passing TD's and have more interceptions.

[quote name='JohnJohnson' timestamp='1290711116' post='550633']
What does it matter? It matters a lot, just because we happened to beat the Jets and they happened to lose to the Patriots doesn't change the advantage. Check out the scheduling for last season as well, we played the Packers and Vikings away and they got the Bears and Lions away. They also got the Chargers at home. There are always subtle scheduling decisions, and they rarely benefit the Ravens. How about the fact that we have a great stadium and environment, but by the end of this season, the Ravens will have had five Monday Night Football games, one Thursday night and one Saturday night game in the past three years. All of them on the road.
[/quote]

I don't know why your arguing about the schedule. The Lions are winning right now 17 to 10, and if they hold on their win against the Patriots that will take them to 8-3, and if we win against the Bucs we go to 8-3 as well. So all it takes is for us to keep winning, and the Pats to drop 2 games while the Jets drop 1 and we are # 1 in the AFC.

Come On Lions.....

If the Lions took Patrick Peterson in the first and any of Solder/Carimi/Love etc. in the second they would be a force next year.

Hill's pass was inside low ball, very bad pass. Megatron is the tallest WR out there, at least making a high jump ball.

[quote name='Clutch Ravens' timestamp='1290713277' post='550652']
If the Lions took Patrick Peterson in the first and any of Solder/Carimi/Love etc. in the second they would be a force next year.
[/quote]

Yes I agree. Though the way the Lions are playing they may take themselves out of the running for Peterson.

Wow... it's hard to believe that was Brady's 1st TD Pass against the Lions.

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1290713427' post='550653']
Hill's pass was inside low ball, very bad pass. Megatron is the tallest WR out there, at least making a high jump ball.
[/quote]
It was supposed to be a back shoulder throw and Hill just put it way inside.

Let's go Detroit!!

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1290713460' post='550654']
Wow... it's hard to believe that was Brady's 1st TD Pass against the Lions.
[/quote]
I thought they said first Thanksgiving TD......

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1290713054' post='550649']
I don't know why your arguing about the schedule. The Lions are winning right now 17 to 10, and if they hold on their win against the Patriots that will take them to 8-3, and if we win against the Bucs we go to 8-3 as well. So all it takes is for us to keep winning, and the Pats to drop 2 games while the Jets drop 1 and we are # 1 in the AFC.

Come On Lions.....
[/quote]

I'm not arguing about the schedule, I was implying that the Patriots look significantly more vulnerable on the road. Tom Brady has won 25 straight home games (he's tied with Brett Favre for the record). You started this debate by asking "what does it matter?"

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1290713714' post='550656']
I thought they said first Thanksgiving TD......
[/quote]

Oh, I don't know I just heard them say it was his first TD against the Lions, not sure if they said Thanksgiving TD.

Lions TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lions 24
Patriots 17

Wow! 24-17 Lions with Shaun Hill at QB none the less. In a way it kind of reminds me of a snowy december night back in 07

That didn't last long... Branch with the TD to tie it back up at 24.

Great catch by Johnson... once again the Lions getting down field and eating up clock.

The Lions can't handle the pressure of beating Brady on Thanksgiving. They just find ways to give NE pts.

Oh now Ron Winters sees Offensive PI! :34853_brickwall:

Also does anyone have flash backs to our game against Atlanta where there weren't many penalties and now the flags are flying and look who is benefiting, The Patriots!

Well so much for a upset.... the game was actually going quite well until Ron Winters decided that it was time he influence the game.

Detroit was doing well until Ron Winter and the boys remembered that the Patriots were supposed to win this game. They are the worst crew in the NFL without question. They have their favorites and it shows, game after game after game.

[b][font="Verdana"][size="2"]FINAL

[/size][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]NE 45
[/color][color="#0000ff"]DET 24[/color][/size][/font][/b][size="2"]

[font="Verdana"]New England Patriots - 9-2 (#1 in NFL)[/font][/size]

Once again, the Lions (2-9) have found a way to beat themselves, giving up an 11 pt lead with back-to-back NE TDs. they're still making lethal penalties, like the pass interference-facemask 25-yd combo and the 3 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in 2 plays.

I was rooting for the Lions because NE is one of the biggest conference threat on the horizon for the Ravens, after the Steelers. Also, Detroit could've really used the morale boost.

[quote name='Shammy' timestamp='1290740022' post='550866']
lions need dbs and lbs
[/quote]
Washington for Suh straight up.

I missed most of the game due to travel and didn't realize Alphonso Smith got worked so badly. That picture is really sad:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2010/11/25/1836432/alphonso-smith-lions-patriots-thanksgiving

Luckily for the Lions, they'll 2nd or 3rd-round draft picks. What defensive players should they acquire?

The D-line for the Lions is really good. They now need to focus on LB's and the secondary, and they could be on there way to becoming an elite defense.

[quote name='Jamal' timestamp='1290804006' post='551283']
The D-line for the Lions is really good. They now need to focus on LB's and the secondary, and they could be on there way to becoming an elite defense.
[/quote]

They're going to need to do a lot to become an elite defense, given all the points they give up. Suh should certainly help them reach this goal.