Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BabydollFlacco5

Why Didnt The Ravens Players Wear Pink Today ?

43 posts in this topic

[quote name='BabydollFlacco5' timestamp='1286163062' post='497364']
Every other team I saw playing today all were wearing Pink, I was wondering why the Ravens had No Pink ?
[/quote]

You don't go into your division rival's stadium wearing pink. One uniform decision by Harbaugh that I can actually support.

Don't worry, the Ravens will probably wear pink at some point this month.

Just not THAT game.

Well it's an option to wear the pink. Just because a player/team wasn't wearing or wont wear pink in oct, dont mean they do not support the cause.

Every other team I saw playing today all were wearing Pink, I was wondering why the Ravens had No Pink ?
[/quote]
Some of them had pink towels I believe, or at least on the bench they did. Someone threw one at Willis' head after his touchdown.

It was strategic IMO. Joe gets flustered at times especially with the pressure Pitt brings and he may just key in on jersey colors to find his man ( or not .lol). It's basically the same reason as to why teams dont all have the same colors.

[quote name='Ravensdiciple96' timestamp='1286166454' post='497426']
Well it's an option to wear the pink. Just because a player/team wasn't wearing or wont wear pink in oct, dont mean they do not support the cause.
[/quote]
Yeah, the pink was optional. That said, they will sport pink the next game, and probably for the rest of the month. It's not a slight to the cause, it was just something that each player chose not to do. It's not a team decision, it's an individual player decision.

Pink and Black that is going to be awful and great all rolled into one. Mother and mother in-law both survivors so I cant support teams doing this anymore then I already do. But I also understand not wearing it at Pitt, we have enough to deal with trying to get over the Pittsburgh hump.

We went the whole month of October wearing pink last year without a win. With loses at New England, Home against Cincy, and at Minnesota. Maybe coach has a little bit of superstition going on. Just saying.

[quote name='edherpel' timestamp='1286198842' post='497716']
We went the whole month of October wearing pink last year without a win. With loses at New England, Home against Cincy, and at Minnesota. Maybe coach has a little bit of superstition going on. Just saying.
[/quote]
Color schemes don't win or lose games, players do.

October is breast cancer awareness month. So the pink thing goes on all month. I'm sure Harbs had some idea in his head that the pink could signal out his defensive players a lot quicker.

But I'm also sure that we will be sporting it this month. After Harbs sees that everbody in the league pretty much wore pink, he'll cave as well.

I don't mean to totally go off topic but how many women really haven't hurt of breast cancer by now? Isn't it time to start awareness for another kind of cancer?

[quote name='theFRANCHISE' timestamp='1286199999' post='497730']
Color schemes don't win or lose games, players do.
[/quote]
Yeah I have never seen a color win or lose a game!

we wore pink last year not sure of the out come on that game but i remember joe had on pink shoes, so maybe we lost or something.

[quote name='Michael' timestamp='1286205751' post='497862']
I don't mean to totally go off topic but how many women really haven't hurt of breast cancer by now? Isn't it time to start awareness for another kind of cancer?
[/quote]

Wow. You must be really confused.

That's not what they mean by 'awareness'. It's an effort to drum up support and funds for fighting the disease, even if only for a month. Same reason people wear the yellow "Livestrong" bracelets for cancer. Same reason people put yellow ribbons around trees for soldiers at war.

I think the NFL wearing pink is just stupid. I'm pretty sure everyone in the world is aware of breast cancer by now... I will say it would be cool if each team had an auction to sell off the pink gloves and cleats signed to fans and give the proceeds to the cancer society.

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1286208745' post='497936']
I think the NFL wearing pink is just stupid. I'm pretty sure everyone in the world is aware of breast cancer by now... I will say it would be cool if each team had an auction to sell off the pink gloves and cleats signed to fans and give the proceeds to the cancer society.
[/quote]

They do. [url="http://www.nfl.com/pink"]http://www.nfl.com/pink[/url]

[quote]All apparel worn at games by players and coaches, along with special game balls and pink coins will be auctioned off at NFL Auction (www.NFL.com/auction), with proceeds benefitting the American Cancer Society and team charities. [/quote]

FYI, The cover page on BR.com states the Ravens will be donning the pink at home against the Broncos.

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1286208745' post='497936']
[/quote]
Yeah, the auction is the reason why the players are wearing pink just this month. It gives the air of a collector's item, which encourages people to bid.

So against Denver this weekend Black jersey, with purple trim and pink shoes and gloves, really???

Look, donate money, do fundraisers, have the coaches wear it on the sideline, but leave the uniforms alone. I support many causes through the United Way and do not need to change my work uniform every month

[quote name='PSU RAVEN' timestamp='1286233773' post='498532']
So against Denver this weekend Black jersey, with purple trim and pink shoes and gloves, really???

Look, donate money, do fundraisers, have the coaches wear it on the sideline, but leave the uniforms alone. I support many causes through the United Way and do not need to change my work uniform every month
[/quote]

It's a players choice. They don't "need" to change anything.

Don't like pink, don't wear it.

It's just for a month, which is four games, tops. And it's completely optional on the part of each player. And it's not a permanent uniform change.

The players could literally just go out there in tu-tus and shoulder pads; I don't care how they look, I just care how they play. Though, Flacco wearing a tu-tu could certainly draw a few roughing-the-passer calls in our favor if he wanted to go the Tom Brady route...

[quote name='theFRANCHISE' timestamp='1286235449' post='498573']
It's just for a month, which is four games, tops. And it's completely optional on the part of each player. And it's not a permanent uniform change.

The players could literally just go out there in tu-tus and shoulder pads; I don't care how they look, I just care how they play. Though, Flacco wearing a tu-tu could certainly draw a few roughing-the-passer calls in our favor if he wanted to go the Tom Brady route...
[/quote]

:lolpoof:

No, I do NOT want to see Joe in a tutu. I would be scarred for life!

Great....thanks Franny...now I have to find the brain bleach to try and get the image of Joe in a tutu out of my head.....:gaah:

[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs027.ash2/34692_1634743306196_1165085267_3272632_8178803_n.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

I was wearing pink on Sunday and hosting a bar crawl where all the proceeds went to The Breast Center Research Foundation in the Anne Arundel Medical Center. It was really fun and raised a lot of money for a great cause. It hits closer to home when a family member is fighting cancer.

I was wondering why our Ravens weren't wearing pink too, since it's to support family members and friends who are fighting cancer and I saw most other teams were decked out with pink cleats, wristbands, socks, etc.

In our players defense they all had pink ribbons on he back of their helmets and Harbaugh could be seen on the sideline wearing his pink ribbon.