Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elmo

Fantasy Appreciation/Celebration Thread

93 posts in this topic

So I thought I'd make a threat, that does the opposite of the Frustration thread. Post here your sleepers that are paying dividends, tough choices that pays off, or just plain simple lucky starts, that keeps you in the game. Obviously this will change as the weeks pass, and some players here will probably end up in the frustration thread instead ;)

I'll start it off by aknowledging my appreciation off the flyer-pick I used on Run-DMC, along with the decision to start him in the first 2 games this season... The concept of starting a raider, and on top of thet it being McFadden is so strange to me, that I was expecting failure and still am... On a side note, a lot of appreciation goes to Bush for getting injured and allowing McFadden to start...

My second choice for this thread gotta be Jay Cutler... I was expecting him to have a decent season, and that I would have to change him based on match-ups through the year, but he's looking like a super-star this far... Thank you Jay, and thank you Mike Martz ;)

won my game in a PPR league by a point.

that point was basically picked up by Drew Brees completing a pass to himself. thats not quite how i expceted him to get me points...

Went 4-0 this week in all my leagues. I'm 6-0 on the year in the BR leagues. I appreciate Andre Johnson's huge game this week.

Santana Moss for starting to look like a legit #1. Run DMC for being solid.

Megatron, thank you for taking one extra step before putting the ball on the ground in the end zone...

And thank you to the guy who trade me Arian Foster for Felix Jones in the preseason.

I'd like to thank Miles Austin for compiling 20 catches for 288 yards and a touchdown so far this year. I'm also glad I picked up Arian Foster in one of my Yahoo leagues.

[quote name='ZIBBY28' timestamp='1285085249' post='484948']
Megatron, thank you for taking one extra step before putting the ball on the ground in the end zone...

And thank you to the guy who trade me Arian Foster for Felix Jones in the preseason.
[/quote]

I'd like to thank Calvin Johnson for that late TD against the Eagles when prior to that he had a bad outing.

[quote name='Corvus Amplus' timestamp='1285548416' post='489240']
(Flacco -> Boldin)*3 = Money!
[/quote]

Like to put your eggs all in one basket much? How'd that work out for you last week?

[quote name='PuRock' timestamp='1285548706' post='489249']
Like to put your eggs all in one basket much? How'd that work out for you last week?
[/quote]
You probably know the answer.

Good thing, my trump cards are my running backs (Gore, PT Cruiser, Run DMC) and Gates (he's a WR1 in disguise of a TE).

[quote name='Corvus Amplus' timestamp='1285549888' post='489271']
You probably know the answer.

Good thing, my trump cards are my running backs (Gore, PT Cruiser, Run DMC) and Gates (he's a WR1 in disguise of a TE).
[/quote]

I've been stressing how important it is to get Gates or Clark all offseason. They really put up WR1 stats. Its just plain unfair. Its worth getting these guys early. There's a class of kings, Gates and Clark.

Man I am feeling pretty good. Another week another 4-0 record. In my 4 leagues I am 11-1 on the year.

I have to say my thanks to Mendenhall because he has been consistent so far this year, and I know he will have a real tough time against us this week.

[quote name='XxSizzleXx' timestamp='1285801239' post='491846']
I have to say my thanks to Mendenhall because he has been consistent so far this year, and I know he will have a real tough time against us this week.
[/quote]
I dunno not 100 % sure Mendy doesn't have a good game.One of the few worries I have about Sunday!

[quote name='FlaccoFlicker' timestamp='1285806824' post='491924']
I dunno not 100 % sure Mendy doesn't have a good game.One of the few worries I have about Sunday!
[/quote]

I'm 100% sure he won't. The introduction of Cody and the front seven looking to redeem themselves after last Sunday's debacle are reasons alone Mendenhall likely won't go off. Plus, when was the last time a Steelers RB gashed the Ravens?

[quote name='Ed_Reed20' timestamp='1285807857' post='491939']
I'm 100% sure he won't. [b]The introduction of Cody and the front seven looking to redeem themselves after last Sunday's debacle are reasons alone Mendenhall likely won't go off. [/b]Plus, when was the last time a Steelers RB gashed the Ravens?
[/quote]

These were my thoughts exactly, although I can't say I would be mad if Mendy had a couple TD's and the Ravens won.

[quote name='XxSizzleXx' timestamp='1285817194' post='492077']
These were my thoughts exactly, although I can't say I would be mad if Mendy had a couple TD's and the Ravens won.
[/quote]

Nor would I. A major injury aside, I don't care what happens Sunday, as long as the Ravens win.

I'd like to thank Arian Foster today. Whatever you did to miss the first quarter, I don't really care. 187 total yards and 2 TDs in 3 quarters, enough said.

[quote name='XxSizzleXx' timestamp='1285817194' post='492077']
[/quote]

looks like you got your perfect scenario!

[quote name='benravens1' timestamp='1286152148' post='497015']
looks like you got your perfect scenario!
[/quote]

What a beautiful scenario it was.

Thanks to Mendenhall for still being consistent against the best D in the league and thanks to David Garrard for being my highest scorer this week.

I would like thank Antonio Gates for making the TE position unfair. Gates is the steal of the draft cause all the WR #1 are supposed to be gone by round 2/3. Gates is totally worth it on round 4 or 5.

Antonio Gates, David Garrard, Hakeem Nicks and Ryan Torain, thank you all.

With Ray Rice being limited, Andre Johnson out, Knowshon Moreno out, and Tony Romo and Jamaal Charles both on bye's, I actually got it done against Schaub, DWilly, MJD, Jermichael Finley and Anquan Boldin.

Wow.

Never thought I'd say this, but thank you St. Louis Rams defense and Special teams for awarding my bet in starting you... Too bad that interce┬┤ption that was stopped on the 3-yard line didn't go in for 6... That would have been awesome.

i'd like to thank the patriots DST unit for scoring 31 points this week.

down by 25 with just the pats D to play can't say i was very confident!

I'd like to thank Antonio Gates for his tremendous effort, outperforming every other number 1 receiver in TD leagues.

I'd also like to celebrate the addition of "The Law Firm" (BGE) and Brandon Tate to my TD league team.

[quote name='benravens1' timestamp='1286288592' post='499060']
i'd like to thank the patriots DST unit for scoring 31 points this week.

down by 25 with just the pats D to play can't say i was very confident!
[/quote]

Wow, that had to be an epic win. Can't say that your opponent was too happy lol

I'd like to say thank you to Mark Clayton for putting up solid numbers in St Louis, after I took a chance and picked him up in the Yahoo league.

Also Props to Boldin with getting me solid points week in and week out.

[quote name='Romo Ravens' timestamp='1286412768' post='500769']
Wow, that had to be an epic win. Can't say that your opponent was too happy lol
[/quote]

haha no he wasn't, to lose to a freak defensive performance must be tough!

Gloating time. I feel pretty good about my season so far. I'm in 4 leagues with an overall record of 19-1 (including 15-0 in BR leagues).

Too many people not active. So for those people that are active with losing records, keep chugging away because you will eventually break through the non players.