• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
AwakenTheDemon

The Pro Wrestling Thread

7,482 posts in this topic

http://rajah.com/base/node/19667

I wish Drew Mcintyre was in SD MiTB, then he would definitely win it. So he better get that work Visa fixed up. McIntyre is my favorite wrestler since Mr.Kennedy left.

So this NeXuS stuff is really cool. IMO this is the best thing to happen since Evolution.

Also, wasn't The Rock rumoored to be the GM of RAW all summer?

McIntyre winning the match wouldn't be a lock since his push has been inconsistent as of late. Every time it looks as if they'll push him stronger, they pull back and do something to weaken his character. There's talk that he's rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with his arrogance backstage. Also, there's a sneaking suspicion that, if his real-life wife Tiffany wasn't popular backstage, McIntyre wouldn't have much of a push at all.

As for The Rock being rumored to be the GM of RAW for the summer, that's not entirely true; The Rock was looking to come back and do something special in terms of maybe a documentary-style show or something on the side, not necessarily be the weekly host/GM of RAW. However, that idea might come to fruition for at least a month or two, given that Rock doesn't have to shoot another movie until September or October and I don't think he's doing much in the way of promotion for any other movie yet other than The Other Guys coming out soon.

The writers have to be extra-careful with how they manage this Nexus group for the next month or so since they run the risk of making these group ambushes stale. There's only so many of these main event run-ins they can do before they start to lose their shock value.

I think one of WWEs biggest problems right now is that there are too many PPVs. I mean there's no need to take some away, but it was much better back when Raw and Smackdown had their own separate PPVs. RR, WM and the two SSs (hope you follow me) were obviously special PPVs and great chances for each show to come together. They were fine, but when each show has one PPV a month on three-four week intervals, it means there's a lot less time for good storylines to develop. Instead, they just rush the storyline in three weeks and it comes out bad. This is also why we have so many rematches every three weeks. They basically just throw matches together.

It was great when raw had New Year's Revolution, Backlash, Vengeance and Unforgiven. And Smackdown had No Way Out, Judgement Day, Great American Bash, No Mercy and Armegeddon. That way, the two shows were given a lot more time to develop better storylines. But now it's long gone.

Edited by RavensAllTheWay

Apparently, in an eerie moment where life imitates art, Ricky Steamboat was legitimately hospitalized last night after complaining of neck and shoulder pains. There had been early talk that he had suffered an aneurysm but that looks to have been debunked. This doesn't look to be a shoot angle, as WWE.com acknowledged the news but worded the statement carefully, saying Steamboat had participated in a "stunt" on Monday night but the hospitalization doesn't appear to be related to the "performance." In other words, without breaking kayfabe, they acknowledged that Steamboat was in the hospital for a legit injury.

Hoping the man pulls through...also interested to see if WWE will simply drop all references to the Monday attack on the next broadcast and have Nexus move onto a different target.

It was great when raw had New Year's Revolution, Backlash, Vengeance and Unforgiven. And Smackdown had No Way Out, Judgement Day, Great American Bash, No Mercy and Armegeddon. That way, the two shows were given a lot more time to develop better storylines. But now it's long gone.

It might have been a good idea to have both brands have their own PPV's,but in the long run it was pretty bad.They may have had more time to develop story lines but they also were making less money by splitting PPV's than combining them. So I can see why the WWE put it back as a multi brand show.

NYR was always a massive clusterfu** of injuries and the WWE didn't want their big name wrestlers to get injured right when the year gets started.

Backlash was just Wrestlemania rematches and they were rarely good.

They changed Vengeance to Night of Champions and that's cool considering you'll get every champion appearing on the card.

Judgement Day was one of the PPV that were too close together with other ones and the Great American Bash was a WCW concept and the WWE wanted to create their own version.

Im still waiting for the NeXuS to get Sheamus.

I really doubt they will and even if they do Triple H will come and save him and they will form a temporary alignment to get rid of them.

What annoys me the most is that Sheamus debuted almost a year ago and either Cole or Lawler called everyone who saved Cena a few weeks back "WWE Veterans".

Edited by Simba

I'm still waiting for the NeXuS to get Sheamus.

Well something tells me otherwise, they are trying to play out the whole Invasion Angle from 10 years ago with WWF vs WCW/ECW but with Nexus playing the role of WCW/ECW. I read that a "top star" is expected to "defect" so to speak to join Nexus and turn on the WWE. Right now the top of that list for me is between Triple H and Sheamus The Evil Irish Ghost. Triple H has been needed a heel turn for quite a while and he did help Sheamus get over as a legit threat(even though most say Sheamus is where he is now because of being workout buddies with Triple H)and Sheamus who is the WWE Champion would be a bigger blow because of him having the WWE Championship when joining them which would "hurt" the WWE.

That's what I believe will happen, it's either Sheamus or Triple H who "defects" and joins Nexus. Though Triple H is questionable because I have read that he is suppose to play the savior part and "save" the WWE from Nexus, and if that is the case I expect Sheamus to be the one who defects to Nexus and for Triple H to end up being a 14 Time World Champion when it is all set & done.

Y2J would be perfect to defect. He was Wade Barrett's pro, so it'd kinda make sense. If HHH is the saviour, I cannot wait for it to happen. I can just picture it now...Cena, Orton and a few otehrs are getting beaten down, and then The game's music hits and he comes out with a sledgehammer! What a way to end the summer with destroying the NeXuS. :)

Edited by Wacko4Zacko

It might have been a good idea to have both brands have their own PPV's,but in the long run it was pretty bad.They may have had more time to develop story lines but they also were making less money by splitting PPV's than combining them. So I can see why the WWE put it back as a multi brand show.

NYR was always a massive clusterfu** of injuries and the WWE didn't want their big name wrestlers to get injured right when the year gets started.

Backlash was just Wrestlemania rematches and they were rarely good.

They changed Vengeance to Night of Champions and that's cool considering you'll get every champion appearing on the card.

Judgement Day was one of the PPV that were too close together with other ones and the Great American Bash was a WCW concept and the WWE wanted to create their own version.

Each brand having its own PPVs might've been bad for them, but for us fans, it probably helped out. Vince switched it up because he's Vince and he cares only about the money, not that he needs much more.

And yeah, NYR was injury-filled, but then again, it was the PPV that held all those elimination chambers, which as we know, are really dangerous.

Backlash wasn't always WM rematches.

Judgement Day was close together with some of the others, but weren't all PPVs like that? They were very evenly spread out. I thought it was a good system, but of course it had to be changed at some point.

Each brand having its own PPVs might've been bad for them, but for us fans, it probably helped out. Vince switched it up because he's Vince and he cares only about the money, not that he needs much more.

And yeah, NYR was injury-filled, but then again, it was the PPV that held all those elimination chambers, which as we know, are really dangerous.

Judgement Day was close together with some of the others, but weren't all PPVs like that? They were very evenly spread out. I thought it was a good system, but of course it had to be changed at some point.

You have to keep in mind, though, that the brand-specific PPVs were flawed because they had to take brand-specific storylines and stretch them out for three hours. Now, I've heard the argument that a two-hour show for a reduced price would work, but the problem with that is there's no justification for paying for two hours of programming in the minds of viewers since the average PPV sporting event lasts three hours anyway. Additionally, even a match-filled two hours wouldn't give the proper time for each match. Furthermore, if you really look at the storylines on each show, there isn't really enough worthwhile material that could be stretched to three hours' worth of matches.

Also, Backlash traditionally has had at least one WrestleMania heavyweight title rematch every year except in cases of injury, or some variation of a WrestleMania main event matchup expanded to include other participants.

You have to keep in mind, though, that the brand-specific PPVs were flawed because they had to take brand-specific storylines and stretch them out for three hours. Now, I've heard the argument that a two-hour show for a reduced price would work, but the problem with that is there's no justification for paying for two hours of programming in the minds of viewers since the average PPV sporting event lasts three hours anyway. Additionally, even a match-filled two hours wouldn't give the proper time for each match. Furthermore, if you really look at the storylines on each show, there isn't really enough worthwhile material that could be stretched to three hours' worth of matches.

Also, Backlash traditionally has had at least one WrestleMania heavyweight title rematch every year except in cases of injury, or some variation of a WrestleMania main event matchup expanded to include other participants.

You could even throw in a couple of extra matches. Say, for example, one of the brands has a PPV of its own and has about 5 or 6 previoulsy scheduled matches (world title match, US/IC title match, a couple of non title matches to settle a feud, a divas match and maybe a tag team match). Then, you add a couple of others soon before the PPV starts. This will be even easier with the addition of NXT because you could throw some of these rookies into PPV action. I mean hey, if it was done similar to this before, it can be done again.

Plus, I still think this sounds better than each show having to rush for a PPV every three weeks. Not only does that weaken storylines, but it makes them last longer because there's less time to plan turning points and feud changes. I think the average feud should last about two months, maybe a little less.

Edited by RavensAllTheWay

I really wish Stone Cold would get involved with this NeXuS angle. I would just like to see him Stunner the [profanity deleted] out all those NXT rookies.

I really wish Stone Cold would get involved with this NeXuS angle. I would just like to see him Stunner the [profanity deleted] out all those NXT rookies.

He's trying to move on to his movie career and move himself as far as he can from the WWE. I don't think we'll see much of him anymore.

Not every match at NYR was an elimination chamber match and a lot of people got hurt from normal matches.

NYR 2005 Regal and Lita got hurt. NYR 2007 HHH got hurt. A few other stars got small injuries like Shelton in 06 and Carlito in 05.

Backlash is usually Wrestlemania rematches,that's why I'm glad they got rid of it. The only good match that I can remember was in 2004 w/ Benoit v. Michaels v. HHH.

Judgement Day was usually 2-3 weeks away from Backlash and One Night Stand

Im sad that SD is totally left out of this NeXuS angle. Mnay say it is NXT vs WWE, its really NXT vs RAW.

The coolest thing to do would be to have Undertaker just get beat down and then he is lying flat in the ring, and then he sits up and all the NeXuS members are freaked out. You know you guys would love to see that, dont deny it. However Taker is injured.

Edited by Wacko4Zacko

Not every match at NYR was an elimination chamber match and a lot of people got hurt from normal matches.

NYR 2005 Regal and Lita got hurt. NYR 2007 HHH got hurt. A few other stars got small injuries like Shelton in 06 and Carlito in 05.

Backlash is usually Wrestlemania rematches,that's why I'm glad they got rid of it. The only good match that I can remember was in 2004 w/ Benoit v. Michaels v. HHH.

Judgement Day was usually 2-3 weeks away from Backlash and One Night Stand

But I mean WM rematches aren't all that bad. Some were obviously better than others, but I also remember a lot of varifications of matches at WM being held at Backlash. For example, WM 22 in 06 was Cena vs HHH for the WWE title, while backlash was a triple threat with those two and Edge. Also in 06, WM 22 had Carlito and Cris Masters vs Kane and Big Show for the world tag team titles. Baclkash was Carlito vs Masters. There are other examples of simple modifications like that that change things up a bit. Plus, I saw Backlash as like a WM aftermath. Nothing wrong with that is there?

Also, One Night Stand was not every year after the original ECW was destroyed. Plus, Judgement Day was three weeks after Backlash usually, but No Way Out was always three weeks after Royal Rumble, Unforgiven was three weeks after Summerslam, No Mercy was three weeks after Unforgiven, Armegeddon was three weeks after Survivor Series and NYR was two-three weeks after Armegeddon. Really no different with Backlash and Judgement Day.

You could even throw in a couple of extra matches. Say, for example, one of the brands has a PPV of its own and has about 5 or 6 previoulsy scheduled matches (world title match, US/IC title match, a couple of non title matches to settle a feud, a divas match and maybe a tag team match). Then, you add a couple of others soon before the PPV starts. This will be even easier with the addition of NXT because you could throw some of these rookies into PPV action. I mean hey, if it was done similar to this before, it can be done again.

Plus, I still think this sounds better than each show having to rush for a PPV every three weeks. Not only does that weaken storylines, but it makes them last longer because there's less time to plan turning points and feud changes. I think the average feud should last about two months, maybe a little less.

You have to keep in mind the attention span of the average television viewer, though. I love the slow build to feuds (recently, Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels comes to mind), but not everyone can take that kind of pacing. Given that a large portion of their demographic these days is young children and teenagers, they have to keep them constantly entertained, hence the short build-up to each PPV.

If anything, I see the three-week build between PPVs as a healthy challenge for the writing staff and they've done a decent job recently. They have to be so much more succinct with each show's main event feuds, rather than waste time with filler as they had done even in the Attitude Era. I remember when there'd be times where a main event feud might be ignored for a week before being revisited again, and we'd be left wondering if we'd see a payoff at any point.

The coolest thing to do would be to have Undertaker just get beat down and then he is lying flat in the ring, and then he sits up and all the NeXuS members are freaked out. You know you guys would love to see that, dont deny it. However Taker is injured.

Been there, done that. There was a time when the Undertaker "died," only to be resurrected and took out a ring full of wrestlers in the early '90s. I don't want to see WWE be like TNA and start recycling old '90s storylines again...

I think There should be a match just for enjoyment. Big Show & Great Khali vs NeXuS. I'd like to see if they could beat down the two WWE Giants . lol

Edited by Wacko4Zacko

I think There should be a match just for enjoyment. Big Show & Great Khali vs NeXuS. I'd like to see if they could beat down the two WWE Giants . lol

That'd probably be the worst-worked match in wrestling history, just because of Khali. :lol:

I know but I still like to see Big Show and Khali pick up the little guys like Justin Gabriel and then just slam them down. lol

Who got voted off last week or this week, I can't remember which week it is. NXT isn't too interesting to me, but I am curious as to who's gone.

Mike McGilicutty(Joe Hennig) deserves to win. He is Mr.Perfect's son afterall. :) Although kaval is from TNA, anyone remember Low-Ki? Well thats kaval, so Im sure Kaval is going to win, but his pro's suck. Why the F would WWE make Michelle McCool his pro.

The only reason I won't complain, is because those dresses McCool and Layla wore the first episode were banging. Other than that, terrible choice for Kaval. He must die a little inside everytime he walks through that curtain.

Here is a question I must ask all of you. At WM27, Well before I ask my question first let me say this, I think this is going to be Takers last WM, so now onto my question. Who do you think should be Undertakers opponent at WM27? I think the best way would for Undertaker to duke it out with none other then WWE top star John Cena. That'd be huge marketing for WWE and it'd probably make one hell of a match. Should Cena end the streak? Now that is up for debate, but I think if WWE wants to make a great Wrestlemania match and they want to get high ratings AND Undertaker wants to go out with a bang, then he should wrestle John Cena in the main event of WM27.

Edited by Wacko4Zacko

Please god no to Cena. Personally, I find the Taker too old and frail looking to be as cool and as intimidating as he used to be. However, Cena should be no means be his opponent or end his streak. What does Cena have to gain from ending the Undertaker's streak? Nothing. There's no previous history there, like the Shawn Michaels/Taker match from this year, and he's already disgustingly over. It'd be pointless for him to end the streak. Not to mention, I don't want to watch ANOTHER predictable, boring Cena match. When Shawn Michaels lost to the Undertaker, it meant that no one will end his streak.

Edited by AwakenTheDemon

As much as Undertaker-Cena would be a huge cash cow, I think it'd be more appropriate for Undertaker to finish his career against a quality opponent who is just as much of a legend as he is.

In short, it has to be one of two people: Chris Jericho or Triple H.

Jericho is arguably the very best in mainstream wrestling today, alongside Kurt Angle. Unless Angle somehow makes his way back to WWE by then (which he probably won't), it'd only be appropriate for one of the all-time greats in the Undertaker to finish his career against a man who can put on Hall-of-Fame caliber performances like Jericho.

Alternately, Triple H would also be a fitting opponent; their careers have continually crossed paths, but they've rarely wrestled one another in a significant singles match. Their first meeting at WrestleMania XVII was much better than people expected for a match with such a short build. Also, Triple H is as much of a hallmark of the WWF/WWE as Undertaker is, and both men were at the peaks of their career in the Attitude Era.

Though Undertaker-Cena is considered a dream match for the fans, I'm not convinced that Cena can keep up his end of the bargain in creating an instant classic worthy of the Undertaker's final match. Cena has had some good performances in the past, but he's mostly been inconsistent the past couple of years. I would love to see Cena get pinned and let 'Taker end with his undefeated WrestleMania streak intact, I admit. But I don't think that it's a match that purists and casual fans would both be pleased by.