• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »
AwakenTheDemon

The Pro Wrestling Thread

7,482 posts in this topic

So the deadman got married to Michelle Mccool over the weekend,shes a vegan and he supposed to be in a vegative state hahahahahaha

third time is it the charm Mark?

Seriously? I can't imagine they'd look right together, of course it doesn't help that I don't think McCool is attractive at all. I guess that's why they wanted to say he was in a "vegetative" state.

Edit: McCool's wikipedia (yes, I know, Wikipedia) says they were married back in 2007

Edited by AwakenTheDemon

Seriously? I can't imagine they'd look right together, of course it doesn't help that I don't think McCool is attractive at all. I guess that's why they wanted to say he was in a "vegetative" state.

Edit: McCool's wikipedia (yes, I know, Wikipedia) says they were married back in 2007

yup

http://bit.ly/c0Wvzu

apparently Sharmell,Booker,Torrie,and Victoria/Tara were there ,they been together since 2007 but the reception was sat

McCool was hot when she was the teacher lol and she is hotter then sara

Sara was scary looking lol

I only started watching wrestling against in like June of last year, and I noticed that Taker's "SARA" tattoo was gone. However, I couldn't find any information on their relationship, never knew he was with McCool though. He needs to talk her out of that awfully annoying LayCool angle. I can't stand the high school girl shtick.

Sara was scary looking lol

I only started watching wrestling against in like June of last year, and I noticed that Taker's "SARA" tattoo was gone. However, I couldn't find any information on their relationship, never knew he was with McCool though. He needs to talk her out of that awfully annoying LayCool angle. I can't stand the high school girl shtick.

wonder if she ever whips out the "REAL TALK " when the argue lol

I'd be jealous of Taker for that though. I'm not much on Michelle, but love me some Layla. My favorite after Maryse (since Melina is still sidelined :|)

Ohhhh, Maryse and Eve, how you both have my heart... flowers1.gifwub.gif

That aside...

I like the build-up to this anonymous GM on RAW, even going so far as to give Michael Cole a podium that said "General Manager" on it -- but he's probably a red herring. I would love for Cole to be a heel GM and to get away from announcing duties, but that probably won't happen. The writing behind this mystery is actually pretty well-done if you consider all the clues planted that point to Cole, but I hope the pay-off is certainly worth it if it's NOT him. I can't imagine it'd be Bret Hart (no logic there) so the only person that I would honestly be satisfied with (off the top of my head) is The Rock as a heel.

Rock did say he'd do something special this summer with WWE but never said what. He hinted at a documentary series-type dealie, but nothing was ever announced. Additionally, even with Rock's upcoming film schedule, there really hasn't been much on the internet in the way of Rock's promotional appearances over the next couple of months (though I honestly didn't look too hard).

Two months of The Rock making plenty of appearances on TV, even just weekly, should be enough to tide me over for a year...

So does anyone think that Taker-McCool could be the new HHH-Stephanie? lol jk.

Yeah I know they have been together since 2007 and I know a lot of people give her the same grief they give Triple H(with marrying the boss' daughter) and that is McCool only got her push because of being with the Undertaker. Though I think McCool is one of the few divas that can wrestle in today's WWE, and certainly I wish they would give Lay-Cool a new storyline, anyone notice that they are now calling Rosa Mendez fat... the way they did with Mickie? Well if anything I'm hoping that with Lay-Cool calling Rosa fat and picking on her it would lead to Mickie coming back... WWE made a huge mistake getting rid of her.

So does anyone think that Taker-McCool could be the new HHH-Stephanie? lol jk.

Yeah I know they have been together since 2007 and I know a lot of people give her the same grief they give Triple H(with marrying the boss' daughter) and that is McCool only got her push because of being with the Undertaker. Though I think McCool is one of the few divas that can wrestle in today's WWE, and certainly I wish they would give Lay-Cool a new storyline, anyone notice that they are now calling Rosa Mendez fat... the way they did with Mickie? Well if anything I'm hoping that with Lay-Cool calling Rosa fat and picking on her it would lead to Mickie coming back... WWE made a huge mistake getting rid of her.

I hate the fact they let Mickie go,she was my favorite diva,beautiful,could wrestle,was supposed to be the next trish.Because she wanted to pursue a music career and may have added a lil weight they released her.(from what I have heard)Her cd is brilliant btw.

Rosa is a full figured woman and McCool wishes she could get a figure like either Mickie or Rosa.She does have some in ring ability tho so I give her credit.Funny how most diva/superstar tandems are split on shows but Mccool and Taker aren't,granted Taker should have some perks being there for 20 years.

Still wanna see the look on his face if she tries that real talk crap in an argument lol

That aside...

I like the build-up to this anonymous GM on RAW, even going so far as to give Michael Cole a podium that said "General Manager" on it -- but he's probably a red herring. I would love for Cole to be a heel GM and to get away from announcing duties, but that probably won't happen. The writing behind this mystery is actually pretty well-done if you consider all the clues planted that point to Cole, but I hope the pay-off is certainly worth it if it's NOT him. I can't imagine it'd be Bret Hart (no logic there) so the only person that I would honestly be satisfied with (off the top of my head) is The Rock as a heel.

Rock did say he'd do something special this summer with WWE but never said what. He hinted at a documentary series-type dealie, but nothing was ever announced. Additionally, even with Rock's upcoming film schedule, there really hasn't been much on the internet in the way of Rock's promotional appearances over the next couple of months (though I honestly didn't look too hard).

Two months of The Rock making plenty of appearances on TV, even just weekly, should be enough to tide me over for a year...

yeah you did you know you were digging in the trash,and peeking thru the windows trying to find out where he'll be

That aside...

I stopped watching wrestilng a little while ago, and Michael was the most openly biased commentator on the face of the earth. Sometimes I would listen to him defend whatever face was in the ring (particularly Mysterio) and just get so annoyed. He made me like faces a lot less and heels a lot more because he was SO biased. Don't know if he still does this.

And that's also why I don't see that happening. Him as a heel? That'd be a change of pace.

Still wanna see the look on his face if she tries that real talk crap in an argument lol

He'd probably just say something along the lines of

"The Deadman does not like cauliflower! Now go in there and make me some sandwiches or you will REST.... IN.... PEACE!!! *lights flicker in the house*"

I stopped watching wrestilng a little while ago, and Michael was the most openly biased commentator on the face of the earth. Sometimes I would listen to him defend whatever face was in the ring (particularly Mysterio) and just get so annoyed. He made me like faces a lot less and heels a lot more because he was SO biased. Don't know if he still does this.

And that's also why I don't see that happening. Him as a heel? That'd be a change of pace.

Like most play-by-play analysts in the business, his job was basically to defend all the faces while the color commentator played the heel. So, really, you can't fault him for that. You can fault him for being a below-average commentator and still somehow having a job after all these years, though...

I think Vince just keeps him around because he's the only one besides J.R. who's taken all his crap and still showed up to work the next day.

I think that Cole could easily be a heel since the fans already hate him. They don't hide their hatred of him whenever he comes out, and they experimented with him playing a heel announcer when he was moonlighting as a color commentator on the first season of NXT. He still has a long way to go before he can be a truly good heel announcer, but he can at least get genuine heel heat...even if it's go-away heat.

I like Matt Striker tho he is a decent announcer,and sort of the heel,Grisham is boring can Joey stop being a internet guy please

Like most play-by-play analysts in the business, his job was basically to defend all the faces while the color commentator played the heel. So, really, you can't fault him for that. You can fault him for being a below-average commentator and still somehow having a job after all these years, though...

I think Vince just keeps him around because he's the only one besides J.R. who's taken all his crap and still showed up to work the next day.

I think that Cole could easily be a heel since the fans already hate him. They don't hide their hatred of him whenever he comes out, and they experimented with him playing a heel announcer when he was moonlighting as a color commentator on the first season of NXT. He still has a long way to go before he can be a truly good heel announcer, but he can at least get genuine heel heat...even if it's go-away heat.

True I guess. And I think people like me are a reason he still has his job despite being below average. While he may suck, at least he keeps us all tuned in and doesn't bore us to death. He makes it more fun to watch and more fun to root for a certain side (even though it's not the side his character wants us to root for, lol). I will give him that.

Yep he still does have to work on legit heat but wow did he get booed like crazy on Monday Night every time that email ding went off and he walked to the podium stand. I was like ouch... and Franchise I think you can include Jerry Lawler in that list of taking Vince's crap and still showing up for work. I mean Coach, Taz and Mick Foley couldn't take it having Vince in their ear every night telling them what to say yet Lawler, Cole, and amazingly Jim Ross who is the best wrestling announcer out there, stayed with the company even when Vince mistreated him and made a storyline out of his medical issues. Now that takes guts to stay with a company even when they poke fun at a medical issue.

I like Matt Striker tho he is a decent announcer,and sort of the heel,Grisham is boring can Joey stop being a internet guy please

Joey Styles was GREAT. I always cracked up at how he said, "OH MY GOD!!" lol

Joey Styles was GREAT. I always cracked up at how he said, "OH MY GOD!!" lol

near the end of the real ECW run during a PPV he actually said Holy Sh!!.Forget what move it was but it was definite HS move

anyone else watch Jericho's new game show coming on in a few

Ahhhh, too much good tv on tonight, I was watching Americas Got Talent, than I remembered that Jericho's game show was also on at 9, and I want to watch that new Memphis Beat show on TNT at 10, I think a DVR is very handy for me instead of switching between commercials.

I think Jericho does a great job, I watched last week and it is a whole new Jericho, he seems like he is having fun with the show and enjoys every minute it. Though I can't believe some of the things on the belt that wind up falling over the edge.

Ahhhh, too much good tv on tonight, I was watching Americas Got Talent, than I remembered that Jericho's game show was also on at 9, and I want to watch that new Memphis Beat show on TNT at 10, I think a DVR is very handy for me instead of switching between commercials.

I think Jericho does a great job, I watched last week and it is a whole new Jericho, he seems like he is having fun with the show and enjoys every minute it. Though I can't believe some of the things on the belt that wind up falling over the edge.

prizes are replicas(his twitter page blew up about that people thought they were dumping real stuff),he has a great future hope he color commentates when he retires

prizes are replicas(his twitter page blew up about that people thought they were dumping real stuff),he has a great future hope he color commentates when he retires

Yeah I don't think the people they get the stuff from would go along with it if it was the real stuff falling off, I mean a car fell off!

I wouldn't be surprised that they do some battle royal for a Superstar to Guest Host Raw, and Jericho ends up winning just so they could help him promote Downfall.

Plus I wouldn't be shocked if they don't do a WWE Themed show where different Superstars and Divas are contestants and whatever prize money they win go to Make A Wish or some other charity.

Edited by JO_75

Hey what do you guys think about the MITB PPV? Does this mean no more MITB at Wrestlemania or is WWE ruining the concept by having it at Wrestlemania and a PPV months later(like this year)

Also what is your view on gimmick PPVs as a whole(we have seen plenty this year and last year, Fatal 4 Way, Elimination Chamber, Hell In a Cell, TLC, etc) and dropping the originals like Backlash, Judgement Day, Armageddon?

Personally, I think the MITB concept is ruined by having it at Wrestlemania and a PPV based around it with the same stipulation(use it within a year of the time they win it) now I can certainly see it if they used the MITB PPV to get the main events for Summer Slam as in the winner of MITB at the PPV get a title shot at Summer Slam but not having the same rules as the Wrestlemania one. I wish they would dump MITB PPV and just keep it at Wrestlemania and actually have someone keep it for a while and build someone up.

I thought the MITB match at WrestleMania was running its course even before the PPV was announced; granted, I still looked forward to the match itself the past few years, but given the number of times that Edge had cashed it in or the numerous "swerve" moments where the winner would ambush the champ and win it shortly after WrestleMania, the payoff got stale and predictable.

I'm all for keeping the match at WrestleMania while still having a themed PPV in the same year, but they need to add something to the WM match to make it special. Perhaps putting a secondary title on the line along with a future heavyweight title shot? That way, the winner (in theory) gets a sustained push as, say, the Intercontental/U.S. Champion and/or the Money in the Bank briefcase holder and/or the WWE/World Heavyweight Champion. They could book the winner to eventually lose the IC/US title and still have the briefcase, have the winner lose the briefcase in a stipulation but still have the US/IC title, or have the winner become a dual title-holder.

That gives the writers flexibility in branching out the storyline while still giving the winner a strong push -- which adds to the weight and gravity of being booked to win the MITB match at WrestleMania, where stars are born.

Personally, I'm tired of the gimmick/themed PPVs, it's one thing to have the main event be a fatal four way, elimination chamber, or Hell in a Cell match, but having two to three matches of that type doesn't do it for me. I'd much rather they bring back the old PPVs (Unforgiven, No Mercy, Armageddon, No Way Out, Backlash, Judgement Day. Maybe even the Great American Bash and New Year's Revolution). Out of all the new PPVs they came up with, the only one I really liked was Bragging Rights.

Personally, I'm tired of the gimmick/themed PPVs, it's one thing to have the main event be a fatal four way, elimination chamber, or Hell in a Cell match, but having two to three matches of that type doesn't do it for me. I'd much rather they bring back the old PPVs (Unforgiven, No Mercy, Armageddon, No Way Out, Backlash, Judgement Day. Maybe even the Great American Bash and New Year's Revolution). Out of all the new PPVs they came up with, the only one I really liked was Bragging Rights.

Yeah me too, I would so agree with you. I wish they would do the traditional PPVs like you said. I remember it was a rarity when we got a TLC Match, a Hell In A Cell Match and it was done like once a year, maybe twice if we were lucky. Now by having PPVs themed around them it takes away the suspense of wondering when the next HITC or TLC Match is, now it's oh ok so now we know when it will happen. If it was up to me here is how I would do the PPV structuring:

January- Royal Rumble: Obviously this won't get touched or replaced never.

February- NO PPV (Saturday Night Main Event): I would remove Elimination Chamber from Feb and you will see where I placed it and have Saturday Night Main Event take place instead and help the build up for WM.

March- Wrestlemania: The Biggest PPV of the year

April- Backlash: Extreme Rules does not fit after WM, I feel like this is the PPV where WM feuds should end. The name itself sets it up to only happen after WM.

May- Over The Limit: I was surprised it was a gimmick PPV, I thought for sure that this was a way to book Iron Man Matches, but I was wrong and thankfully it was a regular PPV, so this is a keeper, just make sure it don't happen again where it was 10 years to the very day of Owen Hart's death at a similar PPV (Over The Edge)

June- King Of the Ring: I say bring this back, forget a MITB PPV, keep MITB at Wrestlemania and here the winner of the King Of the Ring Tournament(this is how u build stars) gets a Title Shot at Summerslam at whoever the champion is on their brand.

July- No PPV: Yes This is a Month off from PPV, as there should be a good amount of build up from the winner of the King Of the Ring to facing the champion at Summer Slam.

August- Summerslam: This is the 3rd Biggest PPV of the year.

September- Unforgiven: This just fits in the WWE PPV Schedule and like I said they need to bring back the old PPVs.

October- No PPV/No Mercy: Saturday Night Main Event. Again as you can see, I have no PPV for July to help the build to Summer Slam, well since SSeries is the 4th PPV of the "Big 4" have a build up of this and since it's built around Raw vs. SD, it can consisted of Raw vs. SD matches to prepare for SSeries. Or they can put in No Mercy again, so either No PPV or No Mercy.

November- Survivor Series: This is the 4th Biggest PPV, and am so glad they brought this back, as you can see I tossed Bragging Rights because this is where the Raw vs. SD part comes in, each year have a Raw vs. SD Traditional Survivor Series Matches and the winner gets that trophy.

December: Elimination Chamber: This is a huge drop for Elimination Chamber, from Feb to December. I said this was too big of a PPV to be in between RR and WM, this should be instead at the end before the RR, and the PPV that used to be here Armageddon, the Chamber started at that PPV so keep it here in December and have it before the Rumble and Road to Wrestlemania.

PPVs Eliminated:

- Extreme Rules

- MITB

- Bragging Rights

- Fatal 4 Way

- Hell in A Cell

Total PPVs In a Year: 9 PPVs (10 PPVs if No Mercy happens in October over SNME.)

Someone finally makes a thread for wrestling!

I think the MITB PPV will be overkill, they need one of the two winners of the match to lose to make the title match legitimate because a heel just cashing it in right after a big match/beatdown of the current champion is getting really predictable and boring.

- On Friday's SmackDown, 6 competitors will be announced for the World Heavyweight title Money in the Bank match. WWE's website has confirmed that there will be eight participants in the match. The final two spots were planned for CM Punk and Drew McIntyre but Punk is injured and McIntyre can’t work due to his work visa expiring. No word yet on who will fill the two remaining spots.

http://rajah.com/base/node/19667

I wish Drew Mcintyre was in SD MiTB, then he would definitely win it. So he better get that work Visa fixed up. McIntyre is my favorite wrestler since Mr.Kennedy left.

So this NeXuS stuff is really cool. IMO this is the best thing to happen since Evolution.

Also, wasn't The Rock rumoored to be the GM of RAW all summer?

Edited by Wacko4Zacko