AwakenTheDemon

The Pro Wrestling Thread

7,488 posts in this topic

If the Miz ever ends up on Smackdown, that may be his only chance at holding a main event title. With the last draft, Smackdown has very few "big name" superstars (Taker strikes me as the only "huge" name, with Show, Punk and Rey rounding it out). The good news is that Smackdown seems to be the place now where they can take chances with the WHC on "new" guys, like they did with Swagger.

The midcard on SD is much more stacked that the main event (MVP, McIntyre, Kingston, Ziggler, Christian. Maybe JTG or Cody Rhodes one day). I'd like to see Christian get up to the main event status on SD though, and it seems as if McIntyre will be at that level eventually.

Edited by AwakenTheDemon

Being a fan of wrestling for 22 years I have seen alot come and go,in my opinion the best in ring performer today is Kurt Angle.He has alot of talent but it isn't seen as much these days in TNA.

WWE may have gone to the PG era but that doesn't mean it isn't good.Alot point to the attitude era and yes I will agree most was entertaining but the wreslting wasn't there.Here and there yes but not enough for me,I am a technical fan(which you do not see alot of),but today's pool is definitly coming up great.Will we see another Stone Cold or the Rock type pop I highly doubt it.

I know this is WWE thread but I will comment on who I like to watch the most

The Miz-hated him with a passion when he first came in but when they put him with Morrison he showed alot of poise and has some pretty decent moves.His mic skills are pretty good too.

Chris Jericho-multi talented in alot of different aspects,wrestler,musician,author,vh1 host,game show host,and when he is done in the ring I think wouold make an excellent color commentator.He isn't afraid to put over the young guys in the business these days,he knows their future is all on him and other veterns.He is the best there is at what he does(Wolverine anyone lol)

Evan Bourne is a great cruiserweight and love watching his high flying abiltiles,now can he hit puberty

John Morrison-Love the charisma,the mic and the moves,when he learns his in ring story telling abilities bank on a world title

Randy Orton-The Viper,was a fan of his ever since evolution and had a great match with Chris Benoit to win his first World Title.Now I don't know the whole story of what went down last year with him and Kennedy(Anderson),and I hope the story that was told isn't true.For people saying Anderson is injury prone so is the Viper.

Sheamus-Pretty good in my opinion,for a rookie,he has the power,semi ok mic skills but needs a tan,he has put on a few good matches in his time but needs to show he can carry a match(Triple H and HBK can make anyone look good in the ring)

Triple H-Dude is the man,sorry if you don't agree but he is this business,he is the game lol.Yes he married the boss' daughter but he has earned his spot where he is or will be when he returns.He does everything for this business,including continuiong a match on a ripped quad.Better as a heel imo.

Ted Dibiase-I see something in this kid and think the million dollar angle is the wrong way to go...get him out of his daddy's shadow.

CM Punk-Straight Edge and stright to the point probably the company's best heel atm.Love his mid rumble promos earlier this year.

Christian-Edge has the mic and Christian has the in ring ability.Wish for him to win a real world title in WWE but just don't see it happening.

Drew McIntyre-Alot hate on him and I don't know whyHe has the it factor imo,yeah he is Vinnie Mac's chosen one supposedly but he is an awesome in ring guy and think he will go far.

Jack Swagger-Hate when he talks because he talks to long but love his in ring work a great wrestler and can tell a great story in the ring

Kane-Most underated performer ever the man needs a World Title run,he should have taken Undertakers spot and one to set up the Summerslam World Title Casket Match between Taker and Kane,because we all know Kane will be the one who did it .

Undertaker-What more can be said 18-0 at Wrestlemania,still a force unless botch Mysterio puts him out.Not afraid to put over the young talent.The measuring stick for the company,you notice alot of new comers will face off against Taker and he pretty muchs yays or neys whether the go somewhere.

Non WWE GUYS

Mr.Anderson-if you don't know your @$$ better call someone.Great mic and in ring,some say he injures people but truthfully I don't think so,yeah he goes full throttle but he is doing what is supposed to be done Wrestle,these nancy pants guys these days can't handle him.Very entertaining.WWE made a mistake imo,.

Kurt Angle-Killer instinct killer skills damn good performer,another one WWE wishes they still had.

Jay Lethal-Glad the dropped his Black Machismo angle so he can highlight his abilties.I think he is a good young performer.

there are more but I gotta go for now lol

I've heard rumors of Jericho retiring soon, but I'm hoping their just that. He's only 38 and still in shape for his age. He's shown that he can still put on good matches, and look at HBK and Taker, they're in the mid 40's (Jericho can do it too). I do miss his old goofy gimmick though, still one of my favorites though.

I'm a huge fan of Drew's as well. Sure, him coming out for his first time on TV and kicking R-Truth during his entrance helped, but still. He's got awesome entrance music and an awesome finisher, could definitely see him stepping up to at least attempt (maybe not win, but attempt) at taking the WHC. Perhaps he'll win the next MITB heh. The only thing I don't like is having him feud with Matt Hardy. Hardy is so damn out of shape lately it isn't even funny, he's a shadow of what he was back with Jeff. Not having much personality these days isn't helping him.

I've heard rumors of Jericho retiring soon, but I'm hoping their just that. He's only 38 and still in shape for his age. He's shown that he can still put on good matches, and look at HBK and Taker, they're in the mid 40's (Jericho can do it too). I do miss his old goofy gimmick though, still one of my favorites though.

I'm a huge fan of Drew's as well. Sure, him coming out for his first time on TV and kicking R-Truth during his entrance helped, but still. He's got awesome entrance music and an awesome finisher, could definitely see him stepping up to at least attempt (maybe not win, but attempt) at taking the WHC. Perhaps he'll win the next MITB heh. The only thing I don't like is having him feud with Matt Hardy. Hardy is so damn out of shape lately it isn't even funny, he's a shadow of what he was back with Jeff. Not having much personality these days isn't helping him.

Jericho said in an interview(can't remember where i read it)that they are talking about a contract because he isn't ready to leave.

With the MITB PPV I think they are killing the Mystique of the event Once a year is great it makes it more meaningful.

Now I have heard Edge is retitring within two years and truthfully he looks bored ever since he came back.He lost his Edge no pun intended or was it lol

I'm really not a fan of all these theme or matched named PPVs, I want the classics back like Judgement Day or Armageddon. Now it seems like they'd rather pick a theme and them force it upon you all night. I agree completely with them ruining what made MITB what it was.

It wouldn't surprise me if Edge retired soon, even though I'd love for him to stay. As much as I loved the E&C days, I've really enjoyed him as a singles competitor. If he's bored, or just feels like his body can't handle it (he HAS been injured often) anymore, I'd rather he hangs it up than risks it.

Edge already stated in an interview (I believe with the Wrestling Observer or PWI) that he will likely be finished within the next two years because of his injury history. He wants to be healthy in old age and he recognizes that the injuries are a sign that he can't keep pushing his body the way he used to.

As for Jericho, he's never been better in his career. He is the complete package right now. He can keep losing matches (as he has on television for quite some time now) and still be viewed as a legitimate main eventer because of how he's booked to lose and how skilled he is. It seems as if this final stretch run in his career is focused mainly on elevating talent, as he's put over quite a few guys and has helped bring legitimacy to each belt he's carried, no matter how brief. He has been involved in some great feuds over the past couple of years and this is some of the best mic work he's ever done. Sure, people might miss his old Rock Star gimmick, but I love how he's showing his acting chops and can get almost anyone over.

I'm just thrilled that, even with the poor quality of some of these storylines, there's so many younger guys being gradually pushed in WWE. Sure, some pushes could be handled better than others, but at least their main event and mid-card scene isn't as stagnant as TNA right now. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff have really done a number on that company...

Edge already stated in an interview (I believe with the Wrestling Observer or PWI) that he will likely be finished within the next two years because of his injury history. He wants to be healthy in old age and he recognizes that the injuries are a sign that he can't keep pushing his body the way he used to.

As for Jericho, he's never been better in his career. He is the complete package right now. He can keep losing matches (as he has on television for quite some time now) and still be viewed as a legitimate main eventer because of how he's booked to lose and how skilled he is. It seems as if this final stretch run in his career is focused mainly on elevating talent, as he's put over quite a few guys and has helped bring legitimacy to each belt he's carried, no matter how brief. He has been involved in some great feuds over the past couple of years and this is some of the best mic work he's ever done. Sure, people might miss his old Rock Star gimmick, but I love how he's showing his acting chops and can get almost anyone over.

I'm just thrilled that, even with the poor quality of some of these storylines, there's so many younger guys being gradually pushed in WWE. Sure, some pushes could be handled better than others, but at least their main event and mid-card scene isn't as stagnant as TNA right now. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff have really done a number on that company...

It will be a shame when Edge retires. Edge was certainly one of the best superstars in the WWE and his whole Rated R persona really fitted him well. Certainly Edge was thrown in some odd story lines(Vickie Guerrero) but he went along with it and performed well. I think certainly he could be around longer if it wasn't for all the TLC Matches he did in the 90's. Granted they were fun to watch but take away any ladder match off his resume and I'm sure he might have been healthier today. He just hasn't been the same since he came back at the Rumble earlier in the year, it was great to see him come back but I think he came back too early and personally I think he should have waited until about now to come back to be fully healed and start his feud with Jericho now and saved their Wrestlemania Match for Summer Slam. The one thing I will remember(and this is was one of the reasons I bolded Bischoff's name) is when Edge returned in 2004 and speared Eric Bischoff... talking about making an impact, spear the GM.

Edge Returns in 2004 and Spears Eric Bischoff:

Now for Jericho, I think this is the best he has ever been probably since his feud with Shawn Michaels in 2008. You are right, Jericho is one of those guys where he is still considered a main eventer regardless he has the title, he's chasing the title or in mid card defending the IC Championship. I think it's great that Jericho is helping Evan Bourne get over, just wish their matches would be longer, especially at Fatal 4 Way where it only got 12 minutes and probably deserved the 6 minutes it took to do the Divas Fatal 4 Way match to make it an 18 minute match, and given the extra 6 minutes or somewhere around 20-25 minutes, Jericho and Bourne could put on a wrestling clinic.

I still find it funny how Eric Bischoff said that Chris Jericho couldn't headline.... well he held him down in WCW for the NWO to be re-born a billion times until Vince bought WCW, and right when Jericho came to the WWF/E he became a star, and had the bold task of interrupting The Great One. First Undisputed Champion by beating both Stone Cold & The Rock, and his promos with Stephanie McMahon.... hilarious! Again Eric said Jericho couldn't headline.... amazing.... oh wait.... hold on here is what Bischoff said(it's more of a summary couldn't find exact quote from Eric but have the exact quote from Jericho's twitter(oh and time for a DX like plug, you can follow Jericho here: http://twitter.com/IAmJericho :D) about Jericho and Jericho's response:

Bischoff: He never crapped on Jericho, likes him, but doesn’t think he can headline.

Jericho's Response: Bischoffs right I can't headline in TNA...cos I'm not in my 50s.

Typical Jericho!

Has anyone been to any small-market matches? For example, have you attended matches at your college or in a small town? If so, what has been your experience with the quality of the wrestling?

Has anyone been to any small-market matches? For example, have you attended matches at your college or in a small town? If so, what has been your experience with the quality of the wrestling?

I went to one years ago when I was a kid. I don't remember much, but it was just straight wrestling. No promos, nothing fancy. However, I'll be going to the Covelli Centre in Youngstown, Ohio this saturday, so I can tell you more about it on sunday lol

Edited by AwakenTheDemon

I went to one years ago when I was a kid. I don't remember much, but it was just straight wrestling. No promos, nothing fancy. However, I'll be going to the Covelli Centre in Youngstown, Ohio this saturday, so I can tell you more about it on sunday lol

Awesome! I went to one 5-7 years ago at "The Bob" Carpenter Center at the University of Delaware, and you could tell they knew they weren't on TV (they were missing each other by a Rey Mysterio body length). I was wondering how the quality is nowadays, and Youngstown is a good sample location.

I've been trying to get back into WWE. But the PG stuff just kills it..... and Cena, he kills it too lol. If they consider to stop being corny, then I'll watch.

I will turn it on now and again, but it doesn't come close to the "good old days" of D-X, Stone Cold and The Rock in their respective primes, along with a plethora of other amazing characters.

Agreed. Good times.

Awesome! I went to one 5-7 years ago at "The Bob" Carpenter Center at the University of Delaware, and you could tell they knew they weren't on TV (they were missing each other by a Rey Mysterio body length). I was wondering how the quality is nowadays, and Youngstown is a good sample location.

I'll let ya know how it goes. I'm hoping it'll be a quality show, since house shows are the same price as Raw and Smackdown tickets nowadays (so I figure they want to give the crowd their money's worth).

As of right now, all I know is there's seven matches with only three listed right now:

Cena & Orton Vs. Edge & Sheamus in a cage match.

Mark Henry Vs. Ted DiBiase in a "Raw Challenge match"

Miz Vs. Morrison Vs. R-Truth for the U.S. Title (aKa a normal match, belts will never change at a house show).

I also figure there will be a match between Maryse and Eve, since they're both listed to be there. As are William Regal and Vladimir Kozlov, so I'm hoping Santino shows up, and teaches some fools to beware of the Cobra.

Edited by AwakenTheDemon

My first WWE live event was a house show at BCC in 2003. I'll never forget my dad having me go into his trunk to get something and finding front-row tickets waiting for me along with a one-sheet poster advertising the event.

I remember pissing off Kevin Nash in the main event that night because I was rooting for then-heel Triple H and chanting "Diesel Sucks" :lol:

Miz Vs. Morrison Vs. R-Truth for the U.S. Title (aKa a normal match, belts will never change at a house show).

I also figure there will be a match between Maryse and Eve, since they're both listed to be there. As are William Regal and Vladimir Kozlov, so I'm hoping Santino shows up, and teaches some fools to beware of the Cobra.

Belts will only change hands at a house show if there's an injury or they're that desperate to get the belt off the champion ASAP.

As for Maryse and Eve...I'm JEALOUS. Those are my two favorite Divas right now...I'd marry both on the spot, even without getting to know them.

From what I've heard, house shows are much more like televised shows than they were back in the day (although without the pyro and tron). The Covelli Center is pretty big, so I'm hoping to get lucky at least get some little pyro, and maybe a decent looking tunnel for the wrestlers to come out of.

Man, I used to love Diesel back in the day (maybe it was due to the fact that he had alot of storylines with my all time favorite wrestler, Shawn Michaels).

Edited by AwakenTheDemon

Belts will only change hands at a house show if there's an injury or they're that desperate to get the belt off the champion ASAP.

As for Maryse and Eve...I'm JEALOUS. Those are my two favorite Divas right now...I'd marry both on the spot, even without getting to know them.

Under both circumstances, Miz is safe then. He's probably the best wrestler for the title right now on the brand, and I'd hate to see him get injured when he's finally starting to grow on me (although how he holds the mic when he's walking out to the ring still hasn't).

I've actually heard Eve is even better looking in person, although I can't imagine how that could be possible. I'm just making a guess as to the Eve/Maryse match, it'd make sense for them to have a match since they're listed. But with my luck, Maryse will just accompany DiBiase to the ring (thanks to their new storyline), and the WWE will have Eve accompany Henry for the night. In which case, one of them (preferably Maryse) better be standing at my side of the ring, or I'll be highly disappointed.

I'd love to get the chance to meet Maryse and land an autograph, but my girlfriend would literally kill me if I even mentioned the idea.

Edited by AwakenTheDemon

Under both circumstances, Miz is safe then. He's probably the best wrestler for the title right now on the brand, and I'd hate to see him get injured when he's finally starting to grow on me (although how he holds the mic when he's walking out to the ring still hasn't).

I've actually heard Eve is even better looking in person, although I can't imagine how that could be possible. I'm just making a guess as to the Eve/Maryse match, it'd make sense for them to have a match since they're listed. But with my luck, Maryse will just accompany DiBiase to the ring (thanks to their new storyline), and the WWE will have Eve accompany Henry for the night. In which case, one of them (preferably Maryse) better be standing at my side of the ring, or I'll be highly disappointed.

I'd love to get the chance to meet Maryse and land an autograph, but my girlfriend would literally kill me if I even mentioned the idea.

Then don't mention it and get her autograph without her knowing ;)

I think I have only met 2 or 3 wrestlers ever, my first was when I was in either 1st or 3rd grade and I met Scott "Razor Ramon" Hall and at the time he was the IC champion and the picture is me holding the title(surprisingly I could hold the belt without falling, it was heavy!) and him in the back doing his trademark pose.

On Memorial Day Weekend I met...... WOOOOOOOOOOOO! That's Right the Nature Boy Ric Flair at a Wal-Mart in Concord, NC. I'll say this I wanted to ask him something about TNA but I was just so star struck to be having the chance to get his autograph, I just stayed quiet lol. He signed my Wrestlemania 24 DVD.

Since most of you guys are from MD, and I am but moved to NC, did anyone here go to Backlash in 2008 or the recent PPV Extreme Rules at 1st Mariner Arena?

Then don't mention it and get her autograph without her knowing ;)

I think I have only met 2 or 3 wrestlers ever, my first was when I was in either 1st or 3rd grade and I met Scott "Razor Ramon" Hall and at the time he was the IC champion and the picture is me holding the title(surprisingly I could hold the belt without falling, it was heavy!) and him in the back doing his trademark pose.

On Memorial Day Weekend I met...... WOOOOOOOOOOOO! That's Right the Nature Boy Ric Flair at a Wal-Mart in Concord, NC. I'll say this I wanted to ask him something about TNA but I was just so star struck to be having the chance to get his autograph, I just stayed quiet lol. He signed my Wrestlemania 24 DVD.

Since most of you guys are from MD, and I am but moved to NC, did anyone here go to Backlash in 2008 or the recent PPV Extreme Rules at 1st Mariner Arena?

I probably couldn't get away from her long enough to sneak an autograph, heh. I've heard that sometimes after house shows (depending alot on the venue too), sometimes you can meet some of the superstars in the parking lot to grab some autographs. Of course, I'm not sure I want to stand around in a parking lot at night in Youngstown, regardless of where I am.

back in the day about late 90's i used to go to house shows all the time WWE would still use semi pyro(i.e. kane's fire from ring posts the green x for dx ,any ring pyro)i always enjoyed house shows more then tv tapings because the guys just seemed more relaxed.

And titles can change hands during house shows depending on the sitch,I was there when Ron Simmons beat Vader to become WCW'S first black world champ.

And Demon cmon get the autograph,I got the Beautiful Peoples back in february and my girl gives me the glare of death everytime Velvet Sky comes out because my gaze is glued to the tv.

Just one thing I ask I dont get to watch the shows on the nights they air sometimes so any immediate posting of a show for the next day can we throw in a spoiler loop?

Just one thing I ask I dont get to watch the shows on the nights they air sometimes so any immediate posting of a show for the next day can we throw in a spoiler loop?

I'll do my best, but no guarantees. ;)

On another note...Goldberg has recently said on Twitter that he views anyone who uses the Spear in their moveset as "uncreative." Because, y'know, the shoulder takedown was a move that Goldberg innovated. Allegedly. Even though football players have used it for decades and there've been various moments in wrestling history where someone has tackled someone else to the canvas in the ring... -_-

Even though I'm obviously a Rock fan, I have a newfound appreciation for his ringwork every time I go back and watch some of his matches. He wasn't the flashiest guy and was mostly a brawler (which many main eventers seem to be these days), he was able to work technically-sound matches when he had to. His WWF Title matches with Kurt Angle at No Way Out 2001 and with Chris Benoit at Fully Loaded 2000 are both prime examples of being able to keep up with two of the best workers in the history of the business.

There was more than just brawling, Rock was able to actually take some moves that he normally doesn't take against his usual opponents; people don't realize that being a good wrestler isn't just having a wide repertoire, but also knowing how to take and sell your opponent's moves as well. If you don't know how to take and sell your opponent's move, then the move doesn't look as effective. The art of putting on a great match lies mostly in making your opponent look as good as possible and hoping your opponent returns the favor.

Rock's matches with Stone Cold are probably some of the best-worked matches in mainstream wrestling history, as both men are masters of storytelling in the ring.

I used to really be a WWF/E fan until Bret Hart jumped ship to WCW; then when he retired, I lost all interest in the entertainment aspect of it.

The Randy Orton "legend killer" angle was great but started to get overplayed.

Every memory I have of wrestling is Bret Hart related, or one of those other Dungeon boys (Dean Milenko, Brian Pillaman, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, Davey Boy Smith, etc.)...

Classic Bret Hart matches... vs. Hulk Hogan, vs. Razor Ramon (Scott Hall), vs. Lex Luger, vs. Yokozuna, vs. Owen Hart, vs. Davey Boy Smith, vs. Sting.

I've since tried to get back into the mix of wrestling, but it's just lost it's "spark" these days. (It's either that or I've seen it so much, I know how the story lines are going to go before they happen.)

<Same way with movies... nothing surprises me... I usually have the ending figured out 10 minutes into the movie.>

Edited by Malkavian Raven

Well, I've finally uploaded all the pictures we took from last night. Unfortunately the camera started dying after a few matches, so I started only taking pictures of the wrestlers' entrance and after they won. Anyways, you can see all 95 pictures here in the public album of my facebook.

All in all, it was pretty good. The superstars put on a really good show and didn't half *** it since they knew it was just a house show. We had some pretty great seats five rows back and on the end so our view wasn't obstructed for the matches (we still had to squeeze our way up to the barricade during the "major" people's entrance so we could get pictures.

Evan Bourne Vs. Zack Ryder started the show. Of course Bourne got pretty big pop from the crowd, but Ryder really didn't get much of anything. However, he did goad some heat during the match from his taunting of Evan, which I personally loved (but the rest of the crowd didn't). The rest of the match was the typical Even fare, lots of kicks, sunset flips, pin attempts, and finished with the Shooting Star Press for the win. Pretty good match for the most part, Ryder got some hard kicks in on Bourne, heh.

William Regal and Goldust followed. Surprisingly, Regal got huge heat from the crowd, and even started talking trash with this huge biker in the crowd. Actually, he worked the crowd very well before Goldust came out. As soon as Goldust's music hit though, he got a bigger reaction than I was expecting (it is Goldust after all). Once the match started, the crowd went back to it's "You Suck" chants to Regal, who grabbed a mic and declared "I can't possibly suck, I'm not from Youngstown". Of course, the chanting only got louder, while the match went on. They put on a great match for the most part with Goldust eventually winning it.

Vladimir Kozlov came out, and spoke russian for the majority of his promo before finally saying "I demand good competition". Well, unfortunately for him, all he got was Yoshi Tatsu, which turned into a very one-sided fight, and probably the least exciting match of the entire night. Tatsu got maybe 3 kicks in while Kozlov just handled him.

As soon as Ted DiBiase's music hit, the crowd starting booing. However, it wasn't until he started his promo that he got the real heat. Ted told the crowd that they wish they could be him since he can have anything he wants, nice cars, nice houses, beautiful women (he was accompanied to the ring by Maryse), while all they could do is live in their crappy houses and dream. Apparently, the WWE switched Morrison and Mark Henry in their scheduled matches, (Ted was originally supposed to fight Henry, while Morrison was in the Triple Threat Match for the US title). Morrison got a huge pop from the crowd (he was also the first superstar to come out who had signs in the crowd). Honestly, this was one of the best matches from the night. Maryse distracted Morrison a few times, which led to him chasing her around the ring. Eventually, she was on the apron trying to keep Morrison's attention, while DiBiase was going to hit him from behind, but he John dodged and Ted ran into Maryse ( :( ). It wasn't long before John hit the "Starship Pain", and scored the victory. The best part of the match was when Maryse was right by the barricade on my side of the ring, trying to flag down the cotton candy dude, but the security guard wouldn't get him for her. I would have been asking anyone for five dollars to get her that cotton candy.

The award for best performance of the night hands down went to The Miz. He cut the best promo of the night, which probably rivaled some of his televised ones as well. After the boos started, he demanded to know why he's getting booed, since he's from Cleveland. According to him, the crowd should be on their knees since he's the best thing to come out of the entire state of Ohio. Miz went on to state that he's "bigger than Youngstown, bigger than Cleveland, bigger than Columbus, bigger than the entire state." The crowd was asked to name one superstar from the state of Ohio that's better than him, "Drew Carey? I'm bigger than him. LeBron James? LeBron James never brought anything to Ohio! I'm bringing the United States championship, you people should be bowing to me!"

Mark Henry was his first opponent to come out, and I must say, the dude is even bigger in person than on TV. When R-Truth came out to his "rap song", the Miz started this ridiculous little dance mocking him and the crowd. It was absolutely priceless, I wish I had gotten a picture of it. Although it was billed as a triple threat match, it was more of a singles match between the Miz and Truth. Sadly, Henry was slammed into the ringpost about 5 minutes in (after a few punches and a failed attempt to sit on the Miz) and remained outside the ring for the majority of the match. The rest of the match consisted of the usual R-Truth spots, before the Miz dodged the scissors kick, and walked away with the victory.

After a "brief intermission", Santino came out to guest referee the Divas match between Eve and Alicia Fox. If it wasn't for Santino's shenanigans, I probably wouldn't have had much (if any) pictures of the match. Despite that, it was still an entertaining match (like I said, my camera was dying, but I had to try to get pictures of the crap Santino was doing), Eve seemed to have improved (at least for one night) her wrestling skills. The only real laughable part was when Alicia was slamming Eve's head into the mat, she was noticeably slowing down when Eve's head was getting ready to hit the canvas. It wasn't long after that, though, that Fox hit her scissors kick and earned the win. I will say that Eve is even better looking in person than she is on TV.

With only the main event left, the ring crew came out to assemble the cage while the crowd took a break. Once it was completely together, Sheamus was the first of the four men to come out. Out of both heels, he got the larger amount of heat, especially when he was posing on the ring steps with the championship belt. Sadly, he didn't really give any photo op's, aside from the ring steps. As Metalingus started playing, the crowd gave Edge a HUGE pop, which surprised me as to how he's been played against Orton lately. He pulled a Sheamus and ended up just getting into the ring. Thanks for the photo ops, Edge :(

As soon as "Voices" hit, the biggest pop of the night started (until Cena came out...) and lasted the entire two minutes of his walk into the ring. Orton actually gave the best photo op as well, climbing to the top of the cage, surveyed the crowd, and went into his trademark pose. Of course, Cena came out next and all you heard was the high pitched screams of middle aged women and little kids. I was too busy turning off my camera to take any pictures of him, that and trying to deal with the girl behind me screaming into my ear. During the match, Sheamus got the most of the attention from the crowd (countless Sheamus Sucks chants). I tried to counter the "Let's Go Cena" chants with "Cena sucks!" but it wasn't catching on. The match itself was great, with all four men at least attempting their finishers (Edge missed the spear and ran head first into the cage. Orton RKO'd Edge, before Sheamus bicycle kicked him, and Cena attempted the Attitude Adjustment on Sheamus). However! While Cena had Sheamus on his shoulders, the Nexus ran out and stormed the ring. Edge and Sheamus were laid out, with Orton following not long after. Cena ended up getting pummeled while Justin Gabriel held the door closed. After a few minutes though, the rest of the WWE locker room came out to aid Sheamus, Edge, Orton and Cena. Bourne lept from atop the cage, Morrison climbed over the top, while DiBiase, Henry, Miz, Regal, Goldust, and Santino knocked Gabriel out of the way and entered in through the door. After clearing house, Tarver was caught and thrown into the ring with Cena (Morrison held the door closed). When Tarver turned around and saw Cena, he ran to the door and begged for them to open it. Sadly, Cena turned him around and gave him the AA. Night over.

For only a house show, it was surprisingly good and entertaining. The ring work was great, the few promos that were cut were great, and the interaction with the crowd was great. The Nexus interfering with the Main Event definitely took the cake. I never would have expected them to throw that angle in for a house show, but it went over extremely well. Even though on Raw it got a bit stale seeing them run out and destroy everyone week in and week out, it was surprisingly fresh and entertaining in person. The Covelli Centre far from sold out though. The ringside sections were sold out, but the stands had two empty sections.

I apologize for the massive post and the shoddy writing, I've only been up for a little bit and I'm still trying to fully wake up.

Edited by AwakenTheDemon

Well, I've finally uploaded all the pictures we took from last night. Unfortunately the camera started dying after a few matches, so I started only taking pictures of the wrestlers' entrance and after they won. Anyways, you can see all 95 pictures here in the public album of my facebook.

All in all, it was pretty good. The superstars put on a really good show and didn't half *** it since they knew it was just a house show. We had some pretty great seats five rows back and on the end so our view wasn't obstructed for the matches (we still had to squeeze our way up to the barricade during the "major" people's entrance so we could get pictures.

Good stuff, man.

I'm not really surprised that the wrestlers put on a good show -- the true professionals are the ones who use these house shows to experiment and develop chemistry with their opponents before they have their big match on TV or PPV. Sounds like most of them were consummate professionals. Rarely have I heard of any fan being disappointed by a house show. TV tapings and live TV events, that's a different story...I suppose the lack of a camera removes a lot of pressure for some of the talent, which brings out the best in them.

Evan Bourne Vs. Zack Ryder started the show. Of course Bourne got pretty big pop from the crowd, but Ryder really didn't get much of anything. However, he did goad some heat during the match from his taunting of Evan, which I personally loved (but the rest of the crowd didn't). The rest of the match was the typical Even fare, lots of kicks, sunset flips, pin attempts, and finished with the Shooting Star Press for the win. Pretty good match for the most part, Ryder got some hard kicks in on Bourne, heh.

William Regal and Goldust followed. Surprisingly, Regal got huge heat from the crowd, and even started talking trash with this huge biker in the crowd. Actually, he worked the crowd very well before Goldust came out. As soon as Goldust's music hit though, he got a bigger reaction than I was expecting (it is Goldust after all). Once the match started, the crowd went back to it's "You Suck" chants to Regal, who grabbed a mic and declared "I can't possibly suck, I'm not from Youngstown". Of course, the chanting only got louder, while the match went on. They put on a great match for the most part with Goldust eventually winning it.

Vladimir Kozlov came out, and spoke russian for the majority of his promo before finally saying "I demand good competition". Well, unfortunately for him, all he got was Yoshi Tatsu, which turned into a very one-sided fight, and probably the least exciting match of the entire night. Tatsu got maybe 3 kicks in while Kozlov just handled him.

As soon as Ted DiBiase's music hit, the crowd starting booing. However, it wasn't until he started his promo that he got the real heat. Ted told the crowd that they wish they could be him since he can have anything he wants, nice cars, nice houses, beautiful women (he was accompanied to the ring by Maryse), while all they could do is live in their crappy houses and dream. Apparently, the WWE switched Morrison and Mark Henry in their scheduled matches, (Ted was originally supposed to fight Henry, while Morrison was in the Triple Threat Match for the US title). Morrison got a huge pop from the crowd (he was also the first superstar to come out who had signs in the crowd). Honestly, this was one of the best matches from the night. Maryse distracted Morrison a few times, which led to him chasing her around the ring. Eventually, she was on the apron trying to keep Morrison's attention, while DiBiase was going to hit him from behind, but he John dodged and Ted ran into Maryse ( :( ). It wasn't long before John hit the "Starship Pain", and scored the victory. The best part of the match was when Maryse was right by the barricade on my side of the ring, trying to flag down the cotton candy dude, but the security guard wouldn't get him for her. I would have been asking anyone for five dollars to get her that cotton candy.

The award for best performance of the night hands down went to The Miz. He cut the best promo of the night, which probably rivaled some of his televised ones as well. After the boos started, he demanded to know why he's getting booed, since he's from Cleveland. According to him, the crowd should be on their knees since he's the best thing to come out of the entire state of Ohio. Miz went on to state that he's "bigger than Youngstown, bigger than Cleveland, bigger than Columbus, bigger than the entire state." The crowd was asked to name one superstar from the state of Ohio that's better than him, "Drew Carey? I'm bigger than him. LeBron James? LeBron James never brought anything to Ohio! I'm bringing the United States championship, you people should be bowing to me!"

Mark Henry was his first opponent to come out, and I must say, the dude is even bigger in person than on TV. When R-Truth came out to his "rap song", the Miz started this ridiculous little dance mocking him and the crowd. It was absolutely priceless, I wish I had gotten a picture of it. Although it was billed as a triple threat match, it was more of a singles match between the Miz and Truth. Sadly, Henry was slammed into the ringpost about 5 minutes in (after a few punches and a failed attempt to sit on the Miz) and remained outside the ring for the majority of the match. The rest of the match consisted of the usual R-Truth spots, before the Miz dodged the scissors kick, and walked away with the victory.

After a "brief intermission", Santino came out to guest referee the Divas match between Eve and Alicia Fox. If it wasn't for Santino's shenanigans, I probably wouldn't have had much (if any) pictures of the match. Despite that, it was still an entertaining match (like I said, my camera was dying, but I had to try to get pictures of the crap Santino was doing), Eve seemed to have improved (at least for one night) her wrestling skills. The only real laughable part was when Alicia was slamming Eve's head into the mat, she was noticeably slowing down when Eve's head was getting ready to hit the canvas. It wasn't long after that, though, that Fox hit her scissors kick and earned the win. I will say that Eve is even better looking in person than she is on TV.

With only the main event left, the ring crew came out to assemble the cage while the crowd took a break. Once it was completely together, Sheamus was the first of the four men to come out. Out of both heels, he got the larger amount of heat, especially when he was posing on the ring steps with the championship belt. Sadly, he didn't really give any photo op's, aside from the ring steps. As Metalingus started playing, the crowd gave Edge a HUGE pop, which surprised me as to how he's been played against Orton lately. He pulled a Sheamus and ended up just getting into the ring. Thanks for the photo ops, Edge :(

As soon as "Voices" hit, the biggest pop of the night started (until Cena came out...) and lasted the entire two minutes of his walk into the ring. Orton actually gave the best photo op as well, climbing to the top of the cage, surveyed the crowd, and went into his trademark pose. Of course, Cena came out next and all you heard was the high pitched screams of middle aged women and little kids. I was too busy turning off my camera to take any pictures of him, that and trying to deal with the girl behind me screaming into my ear. During the match, Sheamus got the most of the attention from the crowd (countless Sheamus Sucks chants). I tried to counter the "Let's Go Cena" chants with "Cena sucks!" but it wasn't catching on. The match itself was great, with all four men at least attempting their finishers (Edge missed the spear and ran head first into the cage. Orton RKO'd Edge, before Sheamus bicycle kicked him, and Cena attempted the Attitude Adjustment on Sheamus). However! While Cena had Sheamus on his shoulders, the Nexus ran out and stormed the ring. Edge and Sheamus were laid out, with Orton following not long after. Cena ended up getting pummeled while Justin Gabriel held the door closed. After a few minutes though, the rest of the WWE locker room came out to aid Sheamus, Edge, Orton and Cena. Bourne lept from atop the cage, Morrison climbed over the top, while DiBiase, Henry, Miz, Regal, Goldust, and Santino knocked Gabriel out of the way and entered in through the door. After clearing house, Tarver was caught and thrown into the ring with Cena (Morrison held the door closed). When Tarver turned around and saw Cena, he ran to the door and begged for them to open it. Sadly, Cena turned him around and gave him the AA. Night over.

For only a house show, it was surprisingly good and entertaining. The ring work was great, the few promos that were cut were great, and the interaction with the crowd was great. The Nexus interfering with the Main Event definitely took the cake. I never would have expected them to throw that angle in for a house show, but it went over extremely well. Even though on Raw it got a bit stale seeing them run out and destroy everyone week in and week out, it was surprisingly fresh and entertaining in person. The Covelli Centre far from sold out though. The ringside sections were sold out, but the stands had two empty sections.

I apologize for the massive post and the shoddy writing, I've only been up for a little bit and I'm still trying to fully wake up.

Sounded like a lot of fun, I remember going to a house show in 07 in Wildwood, NJ and that was fun, and that set an attendance record for the convention center. House shows seem like they are more fun and the wrestlers are more relaxed. Now on to what I bolded.

I probably would have pulled out $5 and paid for Cotton Candy and tried to get down to the barricade and yelling to get Maryse's attention and gave her the cotton candy, or better yet I would have stole a stick of Cotton Candy for Maryse, in fact I would do anything for her. ^_^

That comes to no surprise that the Miz is great on the mic, it would not surprise me to see him in the Raw MITB match at the PPV coming up. To me the promo where he is backstage talking about all he went through early on, that was what started things for him as a singles competitor.

Well that don't surprise me that Edge didn't leave much for a photo op, with his whole heel gimmick it's a rarity a heel leaves a photo op for people... I guess he forgot how to do the all so famous 5 Second Pose.... this has to be my favorite one.... and you all would agree:

E & C 5 Second Pose on SD before Ravens-Raiders game in 2001: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVAhFiELkbI

Right now I'm trying to save up to go to Wrestlemania 27 since it is in Atlanta next year, but hopefully I can find a house show or a SD taping to go to in NC(I missed the Raw show a couple weeks back) Glad you had Fun!

Ended up taking some video too. It's small since the phone made all the videos sideways and I had to rotate it on Windows Movie Maker =\ Anyways, enjoy. Especially the Miz :P

I probably would have pulled out $5 and paid for Cotton Candy and tried to get down to the barricade and yelling to get Maryse's attention and gave her the cotton candy, or better yet I would have stole a stick of Cotton Candy for Maryse, in fact I would do anything for her. ^_^

Heh, my girlfriend said she was surprised I didn't do that actually. I said I was thinking about it, but with my luck, I would have gotten tackled and arrested thanks to the strict Covelli Centre security.

Edited by AwakenTheDemon