Photo

Ravens Alternate Black Jersey Dates For 2010 Announced

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#1 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,116 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

The Ravens will don their alternate black jerseys with white pants for the league-maximum three home games: against the Denver Broncos on 10/10, against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on 11/28, and against the defending Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints 12/19.

NFL rules dictate that a team may wear their alternate or throwback jerseys up to three times per season.

Additionally, the Ravens have announced that they will wear purple jerseys during their home preseason games, as well as purple in their remaining home regular season games.

LINK: BaltimoreRavens.com

Posted Image

#2 MsMarvel73

MsMarvel73

BSHU cheerleader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:12 PM

SWEET! I'll be at the Saints game!! :wootwoot: :wootwoot:

CableandDeadpool_zpsb3c012fd.jpg

#3 Ravens Lover

Ravens Lover

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

Awesome I think their all black uniforms are some of the coolest in the league

#4 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,671 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:27 PM

Awesome I think their all black uniforms are some of the coolest in the league

They aren't wearing their all-black uniforms anymore. Their alternate jersey consists of black jerseys and white pants.
"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#5 ed.s52

ed.s52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

Wow really... that sucks.

Why would they get rid of the all black?
Thats my good luck charm in Madden, the Ravens with all black alternate jerseys. :34853_shakehead:

#6 DHaran

DHaran

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:38 PM

Thats my good luck charm in Madden, the Ravens with all black alternate jerseys. :34853_shakehead:

I had a really great time at the all black blackout night game a few years back, they should bring it back every few years.

#7 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,116 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:39 PM

Thats my good luck charm in Madden, the Ravens with all black alternate jerseys. Posted Image

The all-black uniform looks a little too much like a college-level uniform since many schools around the nation have all-black either as their primary or alternate uniforms (the Maryland Terrapins come to mind). It's also too similar to the Jaguars and Saints' all-black combo.

Furthermore, the team prefers not to wear black jerseys in divisional games because most NFL teams have black as their alternate jersey. It's all about standing out and leaving an impression on national television. On top of that, the black jerseys make the Ravens look too similar to the Steelers when they play one another.

Posted Image

#8 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

Were not wearing them against Pit on Sunday night? I guess the tradition of only wearing them at home on prime time is coming to and end, but that's perfectly fine with me just as long as we continue to bring them out once in a while.
:argdancingravensblueonwkk8:

#9 ed.s52

ed.s52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

The all-black uniform looks a little too much like a college-level uniform since many schools around the nation have all-black either as their primary or alternate uniforms (the Maryland Terrapins come to mind). It's also too similar to the Jaguars and Saints' all-black combo.

Furthermore, the team prefers not to wear black jerseys in divisional games because most NFL teams have black as their alternate jersey. It's all about standing out and leaving an impression on national television. On top of that, the black jerseys make the Ravens look too similar to the Steelers when they play one another.

Yea I understand why they wouldnt pull them out for division games so we can rep our colors and all that, and to bear a complete distinction on which team is which, I just thought they looked cool and, like I said, are my Madden good luck charm.

#10 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,863 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

Really? not doing it for the Steelers game?Posted Image Lets where black for a game that will be over before it began (Bucs) That makes sense....

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#11 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:01 PM

Hopefully this means the end of the white jersey/black pants combo.

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.

#12 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:08 PM

Love the black-outs, even though the black jerseys on white pants are more appeasing to the eye.

Looks like they're listening and giving the fans what they want.

:ICONATOR_01040da29c18a4eed76047

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#13 edreedfromtheu

edreedfromtheu

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:13 PM

I'm just happy that they were thoughtful enough to announce this ahead of time, on their official site, instead of making us try to find out about it through rumors and sub-par media like the Baltimore Sun.

I know it's such a small and trivial thing that shouldn't matter to the fans, but it does. Some of us actually like to try and organize things such as doing a "blackout" where the entire stadium wears black. Unfortunately, you still get a lot of people who don't do it.

But either way, it's nice to know ahead of time. Whether a kid wants to make a clever sign using a play on the jersey colors... or anything of that sort.

#14 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

Black on White for games that don't even matter, except the Saints game??? I'd rather wear all black against teams that are rivals of us then to wear our alternate jerseys when we're playing against smaller, no attention teams. Bleahh
Mount Ravensmore, 2013 version: Matt Elam, Arthur Brown, and Brandon Williams.

#15 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,116 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:02 PM

Black on White for games that don't even matter, except the Saints game??? I'd rather wear all black against teams that are rivals of us then to wear our alternate jerseys when we're playing against smaller, no attention teams. Bleahh

The whole point of not wearing black against rivals is to show pride...almost everyone has a black jersey.

The alternatives to (non-divisional) home games other than the Broncos/Saints/Bucs would've been the Dolphins or the Bills.

Posted Image

#16 T-ray

T-ray

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

Thats not the point I'm making. I completely agree and can see where the All-Black unis are blending in too much, but I'm trying to say that I'd rather see them in that than to see us playing against 2 opponents that are so easy to beat its not even funny, and one thats not even in our own conference, let alone Division. Why not wear these unis when we're going up against top-notch, rival opponents??

Edit: I just saw the second part of your post, Franchise, and I completely agree with what they did now. The Dolphins and Bills are not any better than the other two, not including the Saints, who is probably the number 1 team in NFL

Edited by T-ray, 09 June 2010 - 08:09 PM.

Mount Ravensmore, 2013 version: Matt Elam, Arthur Brown, and Brandon Williams.

#17 Romo Ravens

Romo Ravens

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

I miss the black on black uni's :(

#18 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,694 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

Thats not the point I'm making. I completely agree and can see where the All-Black unis are blending in too much, but I'm trying to say that I'd rather see them in that than to see us playing against 2 opponents that are so easy to beat its not even funny, and one thats not even in our own conference, let alone Division. Why not wear these unis when we're going up against top-notch, rival opponents??

BC our bigger opponents need to be taught that purple = pain. ;)

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#19 PurpleChaos

PurpleChaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:15 PM

Don't really agree much with wearing the black vs the Saints being that we will look very similar being that they will be wearing black pants and white jerseys

#20 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:22 PM

Don't really agree much with wearing the black vs the Saints being that we will look very similar being that they will be wearing black pants and white jerseys

Golden helmets will be pretty easy to disinguish though. What I don't agree with is wearing them against the Broncos in October at 1 pm when it will still be bright and sunny and possibly warm barring any rain or clouds.