Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Watch Training Camp LIVE Thursday at 8:30 am ET

Ravens training camp kicks off Thursday & we're bringing the action directly to you! News, analysis, giveaways and more! More info ยป
Close

Photo

Giants/patriots Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 thewarden86

thewarden86

Steeler Fan Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:59 PM

Does anyone else think that perhaps a few more flags should have been throw on the Patriots?

For instance: Randy Moss - Holding, Pushing-Off and a leg whip (1st qtr).
O-Line - Holding the entire game.
The poke in the eye went unnoticed (so far), but I expect a fine (minimum).

Anyone agree/disagree? Additional Thoughts?

Posted Image

"You have earned some latitude and you generally make sense, even if it's silly Pittsburgh sense."

#2 MKdave

MKdave

Lowly peasant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:05 PM

Does anyone else think that perhaps a few more flags should have been throw on the Patriots?

For instance: Randy Moss - Holding, Pushing-Off and a leg whip (1st qtr).
O-Line - Holding the entire game.
The poke in the eye went unnoticed (so far), but I expect a fine (minimum).

Anyone agree/disagree? Additional Thoughts?

of course, but the league want the Pats to win.
dont you think it's a little convenient that brady surpassed the record by 1, randy moss surpassed the record by 1, the pats come back from a big defecit to win by 1 score, on national TV.
And I thought Pro-wrestling was obvious...
You know that saying:' 2/3 of earth is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by Ed Reed'? Its not true. He bought a boat.

#3 thewarden86

thewarden86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:56 PM

of course, but the league want the Pats to win.
dont you think it's a little convenient that brady surpassed the record by 1, randy moss surpassed the record by 1, the pats come back from a big defecit to win by 1 score, on national TV.
And I thought Pro-wrestling was obvious...

I had a Patriots fan say he didn't think Wilfork intentionally poked Brandon Jacobs in the eye. I said he needed to see it again and open his eyes this time. They banned me from the board. How's that for homerism?

Posted Image

"You have earned some latitude and you generally make sense, even if it's silly Pittsburgh sense."

#4 MKdave

MKdave

Lowly peasant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:14 PM

I had a Patriots fan say he didn't think Wilfork intentionally poked Brandon Jacobs in the eye. I said he needed to see it again and open his eyes this time. They banned me from the board. How's that for homerism?

Well that's unsurprising. we here (the ravens forum members) know from personal experience, that pats fans are the biggest (excuse my french) ****s in the world. so when you have an entire forum full of them, then bad things are going to happen.
P.S. I love how hate can bring people together. Hippies are so wrong.
You know that saying:' 2/3 of earth is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by Ed Reed'? Its not true. He bought a boat.

#5 thewarden86

thewarden86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

P.S. I love how hate can bring people together. Hippies are so wrong.

That is one of the best quotes of all time!

Posted Image

#6 JonM229

JonM229

Macho Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:05 PM

How were you actually able to read their boards without your eyes melting in your head?

Posted Image

RIP Warden

#7 MKdave

MKdave

Lowly peasant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:06 PM

How were you actually able to read their boards without your eyes melting in your head?

Well I think it partially blinded him, because his sig just got alot bigger!

#8 thewarden86

thewarden86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:11 PM

My eyes were fine, but it took every ounce of my being to refrain from verbally slapping each one up side the head. I can usually shut up about 1 in 3 by asking questions about seasons prior to 2001. I never thought I'd say this, but I like Red Sox fans better. They always existed, and they were always passionate. These "Pepsi generation," Patriot bandwagoneers make me sick though.

Posted Image

#9 thewarden86

thewarden86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:14 PM

Well I think it partially blinded him, because his sig just got alot bigger!

It's an awesome quote and I felt it was being too overshadowed by my equally super-dopified (mack-daddy of all) sig photo.

Posted Image

#10 MKdave

MKdave

Lowly peasant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:22 PM

It's an awesome quote and I felt it was being too overshadowed by my equally super-dopified (mack-daddy of all) sig photo.

I think my ed reed quote is better

#11 JonM229

JonM229

Macho Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:42 PM

I think my ed reed quote is better

I do like the Ed Reed quote. I knew I'd like MKdave the first time I read that. I was already aware of the original quote and loved the new twist on it.

Posted Image

RIP Warden

#12 thewarden86

thewarden86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:11 PM

I do like the Ed Reed quote. I knew I'd like MKdave the first time I read that. I was already aware of the original quote and loved the new twist on it.

What's the original quote?

Here are a few of my personal fav's:

"(forgot the QB's name) is sweatin' like Mike Tyson at a spelling bee." Jay Moore on a rookie QB starting for the first time.

"I told you so has a brother and his name is Please be quiet.." anonymous author.

"No S.O.B. ever won a war by dying for his country. He won the war by making the other poor, dumb b*stard die for his country." - General George S. Patton.

I'm forgetting one at the moment.....

here a few more good ones (sorry if I'm off topic):

"Pain is weakness leaving the body." Marines.

"U.S. Marines - Helping the enemies of America die for thier country since 1775."

"U.S. Marines - When it absilutely, positively has to be destroyed over night."

Edited by thewarden86, 31 December 2007 - 04:39 PM.

Posted Image

#13 MKdave

MKdave

Lowly peasant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:16 PM

the original quote was just :'2/3 of earth is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by ed reed'
I added the boat thing. I've heard the original used for a few DBs, but It's only true for Eddy!

#14 thewarden86

thewarden86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

the original quote was just :'2/3 of earth is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by ed reed'
I added the boat thing. I've heard the original used for a few DBs, but It's only true for Eddy!

It's a classic quote and he IS the man at FS in the NFL. I can't disagree at all.

Edited by thewarden86, 31 December 2007 - 04:19 PM.

Posted Image

#15 JonM229

JonM229

Macho Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:32 PM

It's a classic quote and he IS the man at FS in the NFL. I can't disagree at all.

Congratulations, you're now a Ravens fan...but what does this have to do with Saturday night's game?

Posted Image

RIP Warden

#16 ragnorok99

ragnorok99

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:33 PM

That is a pretty cool sig photo.

As for the Patriots, Randy Moss has been pushing DBs off with both hands in the end zone all year without getting called, and many Patriots fans STILL have the gall to whine about interference calls when they happen. Same goes for holding, but holding calls have been down across the entire league this year. John Clayton talks about it in this article, though I don't agree with all of his opinions on it:

http://sports.espn.g...r...&id=3172499

Oh, and that leg-whip was beyond blatant.

Edited by ragnorok99, 31 December 2007 - 04:35 PM.

#17 thewarden86

thewarden86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:36 PM

Congratulations, you're now a Ravens fan...but what does this have to do with Saturday night's game?

Dave made a cool quote regarding our hatred of Patriot Nation. I responded that it was a cool quote. He said he liked the Ed Reed quote better. You commented on the original. I asked what the original was. He posted and explained it. I commented that I liked it and that it fit Ed Reed and here we are.

Just because I appreciate Ed Reed's play it does not make me a Ravens fan.

Edited by thewarden86, 31 December 2007 - 04:37 PM.

Posted Image

#18 JonM229

JonM229

Macho Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:38 PM

Just because I appreciate Ed Reed's play it does not make me a Ravens fan.

Ummm...yes it does.

Posted Image

RIP Warden

#19 thewarden86

thewarden86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:43 PM

That is a pretty cool sig photo.

As for the Patriots, Randy Moss has been pushing DBs off with both hands in the end zone all year without getting called, and many Patriots fans STILL have the gall to whine about interference calls when they happen. Same goes for holding, but holding calls have been down across the entire league this year. John Clayton talks about it in this article, though I don't agree with all of his opinions on it:

http://sports.espn.g...r...&id=3172499

Oh, and that leg-whip was beyond blatant.

I was hoping that with the entire free world (outside of New England) rooting for the Giants there would be this mysterious negative energy projected towards the Patriot sideline that would prevent them from winning. And for a while there, I believed it was happening. *sigh*

Posted Image

#20 thewarden86

thewarden86

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:44 PM

Ummm...yes it does.

Jon, oh buster of my cookies, it don't.

Posted Image