• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderator 2

Divisional Playoff – Baltimore Ravens At Indianapolis Colts

1,552 posts in this topic

[quote name='Chi_Town_Raven' date='16 January 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1263702694' post='344094']
Yeah, I am. Rice not only opens up the passing game, but he IS the passing game.

..........??????? Maybe you're going senile, but I didn't say we could have them, I said I'd rather have him. Read the whole argument, buddy.

............ Once again, READ THE WHOLE POST!!!! I'm not saying Marino didn't have good personnel, I'm saying that I'd rather have a QB with better stats than a QB with a better record!!!!
[/quote]

[i][b]MOD NOTE: Please tone it down or expect a time out.
[/b][/i]

[quote name='darklight1216' date='16 January 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1263702790' post='344104']
You said that you didn't want Joe to just be the guy with a good running game and D; that is talking about the team. I stand by what I said. I'd rather have my team win the big game than have a qb that everyone else thinks is good.

And the Bengals and the Steelers...
[/quote]
Actually make that every great team in the NFL.

[quote name='Chi_Town_Raven' date='16 January 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1263703024' post='344121']
Ohhh. I thought we were just comparing QBs. Obviously, if it were the type of team, then I'd take the win any day. But my point was that people need to stop saying Flacco led the team to their wins in the playoffs, because he only really helped win 1.
[/quote]

there isn't anyone who is saying that Flacco played superbly or that he is the primary reason this team went to the playoff's. Flacco has room for improvement, but he is handicapped by a poor receiving corps. We have seen too many dropped passes, no separation and poor route running to blame this entirely on Joe Flacco.

[quote name='Chi_Town_Raven' date='16 January 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1263703330' post='344146']
...... I seriously don't understand where [i]your[/i] pathetic attempts at insulting me are leading. My statement:

Joe Flacco didn't look like good an NFL Playoff QB out there today.

That's it. Now give it a rest. That's All I was pointing out. It's undeniable that he wasn't good.

I love how I get the warning, even though I'm not even swearing. I do have to say that I'd like to take my 14 year old 210 lb bench press and whack you in the face with it. I'm not a fair weather fan. I'm realistic. My realism report tells me Joe was average, and he was. Then you denied it, so of course, I needed proof. But you had selective reading, so now you've started to argue.
[/quote]

The same could be said about a lot of the other players on the team. I think he did reasonably well based on the rest of the teams performance. Does he need to improve, sure, but you can't pin this loss on Flacco.

The offensive line did not play particularly well. The pass rush was horrible, I didn't see Suggs or anyone else for that matter threatening Manning. Heap was nowhere to be found and the rest of the receiving corps was pathetic. the tema made stupid mistakes and showed absolutely no hussle. That is not Flacco's fault.

[quote name='Chi_Town_Raven' date='16 January 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1263703719' post='344186']
2 finals things:

I'm done arguing with that fool.

I'm not blaming this on Joe, but a good QB can use what he has.
[/quote]

You are taking a big leap on this one. Flacco is a 2nd year QB. Your same argument could be made about Manning's first years in the league. It took him how many years to win the Super Bowl and he has a less than spectacular record in big games. Was he using what he had?

[quote name='Chi_Town_Raven' date='16 January 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1263703719' post='344186']
2 finals things:

I'm done arguing with that fool.

I'm not blaming this on Joe, but a good QB can use what he has.
[/quote]

Marino never won the big one. there are plenty of QB's that have great stats, but were sometimes on losing teams.

Well, a lot to learn in the offseason. The Ravens that played most of the season showed themselves today. The secondary played pretty darn well for being makeshift. As sad as I am about the outcome and how Joe played, the kid gave everything he had. He's not Manning or Rivers, nor is he surrounded by the level of talent those teams have.

[quote name='Ravens69' date='16 January 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1263703915' post='344196']
You are taking a big leap on this one. Flacco is a 2nd year QB. Your same argument could be made about Manning's first years in the league. It took him how many years to win the Super Bowl and he has a less than spectacular record in big games. Was he using what he had?
[/quote]

In fact, Manning has a losing record in the playoffs.

[quote name='Moderator 3' date='16 January 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1263704201' post='344213']
In fact, Manning has a losing record in the playoffs.
[/quote]
i think he's 8-8 now.

Well our season is over, the dust beginning to settle from the loss yesterday. Our boys had a winning season. In true Ravens style it often was not pretty but wins are wins and losses are always tough. I celebrate and suffer right there with em. No blame assigned, no hate-filled venom spewed, just disappointed is all. Each team gave their best and we came up short. I love our boys in purple and black. I can't wait til next season.

I am a Colt fan that lives in Maryland. I was to say congratulations to the Ravens on a good season and a good game against my Colts. The Ravens ran into a Colts team that not only had something to ;dove to themselves but to the whole world. Your Defense played a great game but tired as your offense ran into a brick wall. You have a great RB in Ray Rice and I hope you can find some good WR to allow Flacco to shine. Good Luck next year

[quote name='Jay R' date='17 January 2010 - 10:07 AM' timestamp='1263740834' post='344712']
I am a Colt fan that lives in Maryland. I was to say congratulations to the Ravens on a good season and a good game against my Colts. The Ravens ran into a Colts team that not only had something to ;dove to themselves but to the whole world. Your Defense played a great game but tired as your offense ran into a brick wall. You have a great RB in Ray Rice and I hope you can find some good WR to allow Flacco to shine. Good Luck next year
[/quote]

Any one else get tired of these replies? Half hearted "haha's" are really what they are. It's ok though, the Colts time (beatdown) is coming eventually.

[quote name='H8R' date='17 January 2010 - 10:14 AM' timestamp='1263741279' post='344722']
Any one else get tired of these replies? Half hearted "haha's" are really what they are. It's ok though, the Colts time (beatdown) is coming eventually.
[/quote]

I'm telling you, it's building up for a Ravens v. Colts Conference Championship game at home in Manning's last season, in which we dominate all game long.

[quote name='J-man' date='17 January 2010 - 10:21 AM' timestamp='1263741716' post='344737']
I'm telling you, it's building up for a Ravens v. Colts Conference Championship game at home in Manning's last season, in which we dominate all game long.
[/quote]
It's similar to how all those beatdowns by the Pats built up to that glorious Divisional Round blowout.

Just like our boys were due for an ugly loss this season eventually, they're due for a victory over the Colts soon enough. The 17-15 regular season meeting was a hint of it, and though last night was an unmitigated disaster, it was a far cry from the ugly blowouts we've experienced in the past at the hands of Peyton Manning.

As weird as it sounds, it could've been A LOT worse.

[quote name='theFRANCHISE' date='17 January 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1263742529' post='344755']
It's similar to how all those beatdowns by the Pats built up to that glorious Divisional Round blowout.

Just like our boys were due for an ugly loss this season eventually, they're due for a victory over the Colts soon enough. The 17-15 regular season meeting was a hint of it, and though last night was an unmitigated disaster, it was a far cry from the ugly blowouts we've experienced in the past at the hands of Peyton Manning.

As weird as it sounds, it could've been A LOT worse.
[/quote]

The things that kill me the most are that we could have been leading the game if not for that McClain drop, I think the momentum of taking the lead would have gotten our guys on point. We aren't built to play from behind. Lets not forget Manning met his INT qouta (3-4 potential picks) but we couldnt make him pay on ANY of them. Landry had one bounce off his hands that could have been 6. Ed giving the ball up on the return and Ray coughing it up after a nice big run. Basically, it was the same as when we face him earlier. When he GIVES you chances you MUST cash it in. We didnt.

[quote name='Ravens69' date='16 January 2010 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1263701870' post='344001']
[b]Flacco is doing just fine[/b][u][/u]. It would help to have receivers that can actually run routes, exception of Mason, and catch the ball.
[/quote]

which Flacco are you watching? smh! how come it seems like people feel the need to come to Flacco's rescue when cats get on him for his horrible gameplay? Flacco was horrible last night. why? cause the Colts literally took Ray Rice out of the game and said; "Flacco, use your arm to beat us!" and he was unable to rise to the challenge.

but...i also believe that once again....that had a lot to do with Cam Cameron's play calling. for example:

1. how many slant routes did the Ravens throw last night? Colts were killing on those!

2. how many times did Flacco throw the ball to Williams and Washington?

3. on the 4th down play....Flacco wanted to stay on the field to go for it (after all...this is only a Divisional Playoff game....nothing to serious right? smh!) but Cam pulled the offense off the field and Flacco went off on him on the sidelines.

however....Flacco still has to learn how to release that ball (on the right read) more quickly imo! he holds it waaaaaay to long for me. now....we do need WRs that are fast, and can stretch the ball downfield for a big play at will. but....our man Flacco has some MAJOR improvements to make to his gameplay this off season in order for the Ravens to be taken seriously and a "dual" threat!