Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info »
Close

Photo

Vince Young Proves Why He Is Arrogant.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 ravensdominate

ravensdominate

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:59 AM

Vince Young recently did in interview where he stated:

"I don't know when I will start again but I will be the next black QB to win the Super Bowl and I will be in the Hall of Fame."
-Vince Young

Vince Young's demeanor changed to be an "I'm all about myself now" type of player. They say his comments are bold, but I find it to be stupid and arrogant.
Posted Image

#2 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,096 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:31 AM

Link?

If it's true, I don't know how he can make a prediction like that out of the blue.
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#3 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,115 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:05 AM

I don't think that's arrogance, I think he's just trying to build his confidence back up. If he were arrogant, he would've instead said something like, "I don't care where I start again, I'm guaranteed to make history and be the next black QB and the greatest Hall of Fame player ever." Something like that.

Posted Image

#4 J-man

J-man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:02 AM

I like Vince, but I dont see him being a elite quarterback.
#3hunna

Posted Image

#5 Reddawn36

Reddawn36

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,780 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:08 AM

I don't think that's arrogance, I think he's just trying to build his confidence back up. If he were arrogant, he would've instead said something like, "I don't care where I start again, I'm guaranteed to make history and be the next black QB and the greatest Hall of Fame player ever." Something like that.

I could maybe understand the superbowl one, but for him to say he'll be in the Hall of Fame is definately across that confident/arrogant line
Posted Image
thank you theFranchise

-Ravens Fans...... The greatest conspiracy theorists this planet has ever known-

#6 YYZ66

YYZ66

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:08 PM

IMO, Yound will never be anything more than an average NFL QB. Defenses have become too fast and athletic for the "scrambling" QB's. These guys can outrun college defenses, but it ain't happening in the big show!

"Do you hear the sustain?"

"No, I don't hear anything."

"You would if it were playing."

#7 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,096 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:10 PM

IMO, Yound will never be anything more than an average NFL QB. Defenses have become too fast and athletic for the "scrambling" QB's. These guys can outrun college defenses, but it ain't happening in the big show!

To be fair, we haven't seen him in almost a years time. He could have improved his passing ability, who knows?
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#8 mhead66

mhead66

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

I listened to an interview with Rod Woodson on this comment today, he said that there's nothing wrong with Young wanting to be the next black SB quarterback, but he felt that the Hall-of-Fame statement was way over the line, and an insult to the current HOF members... a player who has accomplished squat, saying he's on his way to Canton...

Maybe the Titans should trade him to the Niners, for the rights to Crabtree... :P

#9 Adam Jones

Adam Jones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:16 PM

Hall of Fame? Like as a visitor?

Edited by Adam Jones, 06 August 2009 - 03:18 PM.

#10 MagicianCamille

MagicianCamille

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:18 PM

He should worry more about being the next quarterback named "Vince Young" to start an NFL game.
I know what you're thinking — "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But, being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?
- Dirty Harry Callahan, Inspector 71

#11 Beninato

Beninato

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:33 PM

Be sure to pick up a map of the exhibits with your paid admission Vince.

#12 tweety

tweety

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

If he was real arrogant he would demand a trade to start. I just shows he believes he is making good progress.

#13 thewarden86

thewarden86

Steeler Fan Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

By all accounts, the man suffers from some sort of depression. His confidence took a huge blow last year (?). I'm sure this is just him trying to shake off any doubt (even his own) and be positive.

Posted Image

"You have earned some latitude and you generally make sense, even if it's silly Pittsburgh sense."

#14 Reddawn36

Reddawn36

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,780 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

Hall of Fame? Like as a visitor?

rofl +5

By all accounts, the man suffers from some sort of depression. His confidence took a huge blow last year (?). I'm sure this is just him trying to shake off any doubt (even his own) and be positive.

why are you hating on pessimists?

don't you know that they will see everything wrong in the world if they hear you say that... are you proud of yourself :P
Posted Image
thank you theFranchise

-Ravens Fans...... The greatest conspiracy theorists this planet has ever known-

#15 thewarden86

thewarden86

Steeler Fan Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:42 PM

rofl +5

why are you hating on pessimists?

don't you know that they will see everything wrong in the world if they hear you say that... are you proud of yourself Posted Image

LMAO. What was I thinking??? I am so sorry. lol

You crack me up Reddawn.

Posted Image

"You have earned some latitude and you generally make sense, even if it's silly Pittsburgh sense."