Welcome to the Baltimore Ravens Official Forums! We ask that all members of our community follow these community basics:
1. This board is about Ravens football and football only.
2. Absolutely no profanity or obscene, vulgar, violent or threatening language, photos or videos.
3. Zero tolerance for personal attacks on anyone, including the mods; Cyberbullying will not be tolerated.
4. Post politely; write in all CAPS sparingly.
5. Post commentary in the appropriate forum.
6. No selling tickets, merchandise, memorabilia or anything else. And no spamming, advertising or campaigning either.
7. Select an appropriate username. (See #2)
8. Do not respond to abusive speech with abusive speech. (See #3)
9. Each member is allowed one registered account.
10. Avatars should be no larger than 100x100px and 15KB. Signatures should be no larger than 550x200px and 200KB.
As a member of the Baltimore Ravens Official Forums, you agree to follow these rules. Ignorance of these rules is no excuse for breaking them.
If you break a rule, you may receive a warning from a moderator. If you repeatedly break rules, your account may be temporarily suspended to permanently closed. If you want to discuss a warning, PM a moderator; don't discuss it in a public forum.
Help improve our community! Instead of responding to a member who has broken a rule, please report inappropriate posts or personal attacks by clicking on the "Report Post to Moderator" link at the bottom of the post (next to the MultiQuote and Quote buttons). Please recognize the difference though between attacking one's opinion and attacking another member personally.
Special Note for New Members: In order to control spammers, New Members are on moderator preview and must have 15 approved posts before they are allowed to begin a new topic in most forums. New Members can reply to any thread and can start new topic threads in the Questions, Help, Feedback and Test forums.
If you’d like a further explanation of the Board Basics, please continue reading below.
1. Post topics and comments related to the Ravens and surrounding football issues. Avoid political, religious and personal relationship discussions. Off-topic issues are allowed to be discussed in the Off-Topic Forum or in comments on articles that pertain to that particular subject matter. Also, do not discuss illegal activities on our boards. This includes illegal game-streaming links. We reserve the right to remove any posts that violate this policy without notice.
2. Please be respectful of your fellow members. Do not post material that is knowingly false, defamatory, deceptive, inaccurate, racist, insulting, abusive, inflammatory, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually graphic or lewd, physically threatening, invasive of another's privacy or otherwise in violation of any law, including stalking or otherwise harassing individual members. This rule also applies to signatures, photos, videos, avatars and usernames. If your post contains a profanity, it may be automatically altered by our profanity filter or by a moderator. Please do not try to get around our profanity filter. These comments will also be moderated.
3. While criticism of the Ravens and the opinions of others are allowed, personal attacks are not. It’s OK to write that a player should be traded or a coach should be fired. It’s not OK to write that you hope someone dies or make comments about his family.
Please also read our note about cyberbullying below.
4. Posting in all CAPS is considered “YELLING” and unnecessary. (Capitalizing a word or two for emphasis is acceptable.) And please be cognizant of how you choose your words in posts made during a burst of passion, excitement, anger or intense emotion. While we encourage emotion and spontaneity, please recognize that your post will remain long after your feelings have subsided.
5. Familiarize yourself with each forum before making a post. Please be considerate of members who frequent particular forums to gain knowledge on particular topics. Resist the temptation to post irrelevant topics on a forum to achieve a wider audience. Moderators may move your post if it is more relevant in another forum.
Please include your original thoughts and opinions when referencing and/or quoting outside sources or linking to another site. We want to hear what you have to say! If you would like to respond to part of another user’s post, you may quote the sentence or idea that you are commenting upon without re-posting the entire thread. Plagiarism is subject to moderator intervention.
6. Any and all advertising, solicitation, chain letters, pyramid schemes, spamming and trolling is unacceptable in any of our forums. Do not post messages soliciting prayers, donations, voting or participation in foundations, charities or other organizations – even if they are Ravens-related.
7. Use discretion in selecting your username and refrain from registering inappropriate user names including, but not limited to, racial slurs, profanity and explicit or implicit vulgarity, else your membership will be revoked. Do not register a username with the intent of impersonating someone you are not. If you chose to register the name of a player, coach, media member or any other person that is not you, please register some variation of that person’s name. For example, do not register the user name “RayLewis.” Register “RayLewis52.”
8. Registering multiple accounts to circumvent disciplinary actions or a ban is not allowed. These duplicate accounts will be immediately closed.
9. Only post images that are appropriate and of interest and limit the size of images you choose to post. This not only helps the load time of each page, but also reduces the amount of scrolling necessary for members to read and respond to various threads. Acceptable image extensions are: gif, jpeg, jpg, swf, and png. Avatar uploads should not exceed 100x100px and 15KB. Signatures should not exceed 550x200px and 200KB and should not contain political messages of any sort.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation in respecting our rules, and we look forward to your participation on the Baltimore Ravens Official Message Boards!
In an ongoing effort to keep "The Flock" forums a fun, intelligent, engaging and healthy environment for football discussion by Ravens fans, we have instituted a new cyberbullying policy.
Cyberbullying is defined as an abuse of electronic communications that deliberately support the intention to harm individuals through repeated, persistent attempts to intimidate, harass, embarrass, denigrate, impersonate, or exclude individuals from online participation.
Cyberbullies may work alone or solicit involvement from other people online in their effort to harm an individual, which is considered "digital pile-on."
The most common tactics used in cyberbullying include, but are not limited to, posting online falsehoods or rumors; making the victim the subject of ridicule within an online forum individually or through "digital pile-on"; continuing to harass an individual that has indicated they want no further contact with the communicating sender; or the intentional exclusion of a victim from online participation through malicious intentions.
With the addition of this new policy, it is our hope to provide a safer, more enjoyable environment for our "Flock” family to engage in football discussions without fear of exploitation brought about by persistent, unwelcome behaviors.
The Baltimore Ravens organization appreciates your best efforts to refrain from or report such behavior on our boards.
-The Moderation Team