Highest Reputation Content
Posted by Moderator 3 on 09 January 2015 - 10:02 AM
Posted by eek on 12 March 2015 - 09:14 AM
Posted by Ravenskid95 on 25 February 2015 - 12:34 PM
Thank you JACOBY JONES #12. Best of luck for your future.
Posted by Moderator 3 on 13 February 2015 - 10:26 AM
Posted by bioLarzen on 10 September 2014 - 09:36 AM
Gotta wonder... why does everyone consider Roethlisberger the "tough" QB in the division?
Let's see the facts:
- misses games due to injury in 6 out of the last 8 seasons;
- when linebacker tackles him, he leaves the scene with a bleeding, broken nose
- misses 0 games due to injury his whole career so far;
- when linebacker tackles him, linebacker leaves the scene with a concussion
Whic one sounds tougher to you?
Posted by Bruce_Almty on 12 January 2014 - 12:35 PM
So long as we don't just replace "Alaska" with saying "New Jersey" this is a good plan, lol. Sometimes a huddle and a QB with an armband can be your best friend when it seems they have figured out your codes. GO RAVENS!
Joe doesn't need an armband, Caldwell's offense is a well oiled machine, and Joe has committed all 8 plays to memory.
Posted by berad on 10 February 2014 - 09:52 AM
Whoever bought that ring for $43k must have some serious money to their name, or took out a big car loan lol.
I heard Kaepernick bought it just to pretend he had one
Posted by cobrajet on Yesterday, 10:26 AM
Posted by Rants N Ravens on 04 May 2015 - 08:46 AM
Posted by Peej on 30 March 2014 - 11:10 AM
Why do we care what Q says? Please let it go, he is gone!
Actually, true Ravens fans hold former players in high regard because we understand that the team can't keep everyone!
In the case of Boldin, he is also a classy professional and deserves much more respect than a small-minded hater like yourself seems to be capable of showing.
Posted by Postapocalypse Raven on 25 February 2015 - 12:35 PM
Posted by Seseau on 11 January 2015 - 09:56 PM
Posted by reed20fence on 27 October 2015 - 01:36 AM
Many fans here have said it and I've said it, and I'm hoping now that it was re-affirmed over and over by the national commentators on a national broadcast more and more of us get comfortable admitting the God's-honest reality of the situation.
1. When massive chunks of your salary cap (your playmakers) are either on IR (Suggs 4mm 2.8% , Pitta 6.2mm 4.4%) or are chronically injured and missing games (Canty 1.7mm 1.25%, Webby 9.2mm 6.6%, Perriman 1.58mm 1.15%) it's hard to compete.
2. Then you add in those three massive chunks of dead money we're suffering because of Rice 9.5mm 6.8% (really it should be 12mm cuz it costs us 3mm in Forsett to replace Rice) and the unavoidable parting with Ngata 7.5mm 5.35% and Jacoby 2.6mm 1.9%, and you've got another hand tied behind your back.
That's more than 30% of our cap that won't suit up for us this year or struggles to suit up consistently for us this year. That's before you dive into the strategic importance of those guys in our gameplans on either side of the ball. Go ahead and take away 30% of any other team's salary cap and see how they perform.
3. Then you add to that the phenomenon that we went literally 3 years ago from being one of the oldest rosters in the league to one of the youngest now, and it's another incredible challenge for teams to overcome immediately. As Gruden pointed out, we have the youngest TE corp in the entire league and a starting WR corps consisting of career journeyman Aiken and an undrafted player in Marlon. Credit Joe Flacco for keeping us relevant.
Any one of those things in isolation would be sufficient as an explanation (dare I say 'excuse') to explain why a team isn't winning.
But consider that we, unlike any other team in the league, are cursed with all 3 of those things simultaneously. And yet these coaches (yes, Dean Pees included) keep trying to make the best with what they have and compete game in and game out in close contests.
Not a single coach or player on this team will state these things during the season. Self-pity is not in the Raven organization's DNA.
It's our job as fans to be fair and honest though. In 2015 we were dealt a crappy hand and we're trying to make the best of it we can.
This may be the best 1-6 team in NFL history.